Reorganisation of East Region Leagues

Vollyman

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

If a club like Kelty is leaving for the pyramid I don't see how the Juniors forming a rival Lowland League helps, unless it could come in under LL, or they would combine and split East-West.

THats what it is a west=east super league.  I just called it lowland for the sake ofit.  Its nothing to do with the actual Lowland league

9 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

If a club like Kelty is leaving for the pyramid I don't see how the Juniors forming a rival Lowland League helps, unless it could come in under LL, or they would combine and split East-West.

So you actually do see how it could ultimately help to integrate the two grades. Is there any indication that the top Ayrshire clubs have changed their attitude towards taking on extra travel?

I don't think an East/West Sooperleague is viable, there is very little support for it (or there was). The viable way forward remains a split LL into East and West.

As for the current situation, with Kelty leaving, stability is required, not change.

On 6/5/2017 at 22:33, Burnie_man said:

I don't think an East/West Sooperleague is viable, there is very little support for it (or there was). The viable way forward remains a split LL into East and West.

As for the current situation, with Kelty leaving, stability is required, not change.

I would just be happy if we could revert to using Division One, Division Two, etc, rather than Super League, Premier League etc.

I was under the impression that Saturday 5th August would be the opening day of the season (in the East). There's no reason why it would kick-off any later than that, given you can start playing friendlies from 8th July onwards.

On ‎10‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 16:06, Ian38018 said:

I would just be happy if we could revert to using Division One, Division Two, etc, rather than Super League, Premier League etc.

.....or Division A, Division B  :whistle

On 5 June 2017 at 22:33, Burnie_man said:

I get lost in all this drivel ,why is it the east and west must join in order to make it more attractive to sponsors .yet the lowland league needs to split into an east west divide ?(current junior set up) also the claim that ambitious clubs will be lost to the juniors if we don't become part off the pyramid system is as daft a suggestion as I've herd .surely if they reach the potential they aspire too they will still be lost to junior football .think the sfa community brainwashed is out again .kelty no great loss .2clubs have come out the league they joined to come back junior .

38 minutes ago, Daleboys forever said:

I get lost in all this drivel ,why is it the east and west must join in order to make it more attractive to sponsors .yet the lowland league needs to split into an east west divide ?(current junior set up) also the claim that ambitious clubs will be lost to the juniors if we don't become part off the pyramid system is as daft a suggestion as I've herd .surely if they reach the potential they aspire too they will still be lost to junior football .think the sfa community brainwashed is out again .kelty no great loss .2clubs have come out the league they joined to come back junior .

Well the likelihood is that Bo’ness will follow Kelty into the Pyramid, they’ve said as much, and if Bo’ness go will others follow?

That is what should be getting discussed at the upcoming AGM’s (Scottish and East), not an East re-organisation that will only encourage more clubs to leave.

Long term, Junior football has a bleak future if it continues to stick it’s head in the sand, and a combined East/West Junior Superleague is not the answer.

Wouldn't mind seeing what happens in the Rugby League down south.

Leagues of 12 who play each other home and away. After the 22 games the top eight keep their points and play each other once ( fixtures based on seedings as the table at the end of 22 games) giving another 7 games each. The bottom four and the top four of the league below then play each other once with points reset to zero. At the end of this 'mini league', the top four would be in the top league and the bottom four into the league below. Everyone would have played 29 games and you have the potential for 4 new teams each year or none at all depending on the relative playing strengths of the clubs involved.

This would involve the top two leagues with the splitting into 3 groups of 8, and the next two into 2 groups of 8 and a group of 10. Figures used based on 50 teams as a previous post. Promotion from tier three to tier two could still be three teams up three down. Promotion from four to three would again be anywhere from zero to four.

It would need some ironing out and a fixture list that sees league games finishing at the same weekend ( i.e. All teams played 22 games within the same 7 day spell) but it's got some mileage in my opinion.

Wiki link for how the rugby run it https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_League_Super_8s

1 minute ago, surely not! said:

Wouldn't mind seeing what happens in the Rugby League down south.

Leagues of 12 who play each other home and away. After the 22 games the top eight keep their points and play each other once ( fixtures based on seedings as the table at the end of 22 games) giving another 7 games each. The bottom four and the top four of the league below then play each other once with points reset to zero. At the end of this 'mini league', the top four would be in the top league and the bottom four into the league below. Everyone would have played 29 games and you have the potential for 4 new teams each year or none at all depending on the relative playing strengths of the clubs involved.

It would need some ironing out and a fixture list that sees league games finishing at the same weekend ( i.e. All teams played 22 games within the same 7 day spell) but it's got some mileage in my opinion.

Christ no, can you imagine the fixtures secretary trying to work all that out and I've highlighted the major flaw........

Christ no, can you imagine the fixtures secretary trying to work all that out and I've highlighted the major flaw........

That's the only flaw but that's the flaw based on the way fixtures are organised in the juniors now, not how they're organised for HL, LL and even the SOS and EoS.

Easy to organise once the teams are established. Could even lead to easing the fixture pile up as teams might not necessarily have to finish all initial league fixtures. For example, teams that were guaranteed to finish within one of the groups that reset the points wouldn't have to always complete fixtures that have no effect on the league positions.

Just now, surely not! said:

That's the only flaw but that's the flaw based on the way fixtures are organised in the juniors now, not how they're organised for HL, LL and even the SOS and EoS.

Easy to organise once the teams are established. Could even lead to easing the fixture pile up as teams might not necessarily have to finish all initial league fixtures. For example, teams that were guaranteed to finish within one of the groups that reset the points wouldn't have to always complete fixtures that have no effect on the league positions.

Don't have to complete their fixtures? oh c'mon, that would be pub team stuff. Tell that to season ticket holders!

We don't need change, the set-up is fine as it is, and even the West will be replicating it (or almost) in a seasons time.

What we need to be discussing is the long term future of the game, otherwise maybe we wont have enough clubs left for a 12 team league if they begin to walk away to the Pyramid.

We need to get involved, and we need to start talking about how.

Don't have to complete their fixtures? oh c'mon, that would be pub team stuff. Tell that to season ticket holders!

We don't need change, the set-up is fine as it is, and even the West will be replicating it (or almost) in a seasons time.

What we need to be discussing is the long term future of the game, otherwise maybe we wont have enough clubs left for a 12 team league if they begin to walk away to the Pyramid.

We need to get involved, and we need to start talking about how.

Agree regarding discussion on the future- was only offering an alternative if indeed restructure was needed.

I was essentially talking about 1 or 2 meaningless fixtures in terms of the race against time to get them played and was only offering that as a way to counteract the whole 'but call offs and the winter etc' arguments. I'd much rather a fixture list was played fully no matter what.

On ‎10‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 21:53, AlanCamelonfan said:

The league started 6th august last year.  Camelon have a friendly on 5th and saying the league starts 12th august this year.  Surely would mean only one midweek game then.  Anyone confirm?

Then Camelon have cocked up, as the season starts on August 5th as far as I am aware

Tuesday 13/6/17

Following  tonight's Management meeting Newtongrange Star will play in the Super League and St Andrews Utd will play in the Premier League following Kelty Hearts resignation from the Junior F.A.  

John Reilly
General Secretary
ERSJFA

Archived