Reorganisation of East Region Leagues

Vollyman

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 teams relegated from 16 is too many.

Will the two premier leagues only have 22 games? 

How many are relegated to the regional leagues. If it's only 1 each that means the regional leagues will be back to playing for just 1 promotion spot. 

If there are only two regional leagues will the Fife sides still be travelling to the Lothians and Tayside which I thought was the whole reason for going through this process again.

Nonsense. And how can we discuss reorganisation when we don't know which teams are going to be part of the juniors in a couple of years. Any word at last night's meeting on Kelty and Boness's plans?

1 hour ago, patriot1 said:

How many are relegated to the regional leagues. If it's only 1 each that means the regional leagues will be back to playing for just 1 promotion spot. 

If there are only two regional leagues will the Fife sides still be travelling to the Lothians and Tayside which I thought was the whole reason for going through this process again.

Nonsense. And how can we discuss reorganisation when we don't know which teams are going to be part of the juniors in a couple of years. Any word at last night's meeting on Kelty and Boness's plans?

Mibbe it's not 12 in premier just got info from a phone call maybe it's more but yes the Super league sides will be against it coz 4 go down.

Klepto has a point it'not ok for 4 super league sides to go down but it's OK for 4 premier sides go down.

Not sure what situation is with regional leagues.

1 hour ago, patriot1 said:

12-12 at premier level effectively gives 8 clubs a promotion with no extra travel burden so that probably helps get a few more votes on side for change. Seems like a reasonable compromise from the outside looking in given 4 relegated from 16 is a lot more reasonable than 4 from 14 and has already been happening at the premier level. If clubs leave it could be as soon as next season given it's linked to licensing applications that will be decided by the SFA on the 20th of this month.

1 hour ago, kleptomaniac said:

But it's ok to relegate four teams from the premier each season.

It would be two relegated from 12 in each premier which makes 4 relegated from 24 which in my view is better than 4 from 16 which I've always thought was the only drawback of the current system. 

I'm still not convinced that we can alter the East Region league set up until we know how many teams will be in it. If Kelty and Boness go more may follow.

The 12/12 Premier is just as bad as the other nonsense. 22 games? How do you keep it balanced? How do you split it regionally?

It's change for changes sake just like the other proposal.

Anyone with half a brain should be able to work out that status quo is the only way forward, especially due to the uncertainty with regards pyramid.

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

The 12/12 Premier is just as bad as the other nonsense. 22 games? How do you keep it balanced? How do you split it regionally?

It's change for changes sake just like the other proposal.

Anyone with half a brain should be able to work out that status quo is the only way forward, especially due to the uncertainty with regards pyramid.

Could not agree more present set up is not perfect but easily the best  As Dunny says playing each other three times is just embarrassing

I'm getting a bit confused here. Can someone confirm if I've got this right:

(1) the current system has 2 region-wide divisions with 2 districts below. There are spaces for 64 clubs and if full all clubs play 30 games.

16 16

(2) the proposed restructure is 1 region-wide division of 14 with 3 districts below. This would have spaces for 62 clubs - and the Superleague clubs would play 26 games, and the others 30 games.

16 16 16

(3) a new alternative is 1 region-wide division but staying at 16, and 2 districts below... but these divided into 2 levels of 12 teams each, plus playing each other thrice - so that the Superleague clubs would play 30 games and the others 33 games? Of course this doesn't cut travelling except by abolishing the current Premier.

12 12
12 12

I don't think anyone knows if the intention for the 12 team divisions is to play each other twice or three times. 

I guess we'll have to wait and see if these new proposals are circulated around the clubs.

The premier league is the most competitive league im the East Region and this is due to the set up of 3 teams having a chance of promotion  and 4 teams relegated in a league of 16, the set up creates more meaningful games. If it was 2 up and 2 down there would be many meaningless games. The emphasis should be to have competitive leagues where teams earn their rank on the pitch not some cosy set up.

The premier league is the most competitive league im the East Region and this is due to the set up of 3 teams having a chance of promotion  and 4 teams relegated in a league of 16, the set up creates more meaningful games. If it was 2 up and 2 down there would be many meaningless games. The emphasis should be to have competitive leagues where teams earn their rank on the pitch not some cosy set up.

Yet Armadale support a return to regional leagues [emoji85]

On 07/04/2017 at 13:49, bluebell1 said:

Also if they do leave the juniors to me that moves the goalposts in terms of restructure vote.  My club are firmly behind the current set up but without Kelty Boness Bonnyrigg possibly playing elsewhere in the near future then it's back to the drawing board for us. 

The timing of these 3 clubs showing there hand couldn't be any worse and splinter group meetings are never good.

if they do jump ship which is there entitlement am pretty sure they would need to play eos league and wouldn't get directly into lowland league.

The uncertainty is not good for east region junior football and a don't think any decisions should now be made until we see who the member clubs are going to be. 

If the self appointed "elite" 3 think they have out grown the juniors well good luck to them 

Bonnyrigg have issued a statement - which is on P & B - saying they have not applied to the SFA.

It's not a question of outgrowing the Juniors it's time all the Associations got together and get a Pyramid system set up. Get Burnie_Man to hunt these dinosaurs.

23 minutes ago, kleptomaniac said:

Yet Armadale support a return to regional leagues emoji85.png

No vote will be taken until the  Armadale AGM I am for status quo unless a better suggestion can come forward. The problem seems to be travel no club has folded because of travel since the present leagues were introduced

Not that I agree with a 22 game season, but if this goes ahead...there's every chance that a contemporary cup would be introduced due to lack of fixtures. As has happened in various other associations

Could not agree more present set up is not perfect but easily the best  As Dunny says playing each other three times is just embarrassing

22 league games ie only 11 home games is a non starter, it's embarrassing that someone has even suggested it. Playing each other 3 times would just create a whole new set of arguments about playing teams twice away but only once at home. People just chucking round proposals with absolutely no thought given, just for the sake of it.

Bin this nonsense. We should be discussing the way forward, club licences, pyramid etc. Not trying to wind the clock back.

Archived