Reorganisation of East Region Leagues

Vollyman

Just to be clear, I am very much against the re-organisation proposals and for a pyramid system, but I can't see a north region stretching from the Tay to the North coast being workable. I think you'd need a different solution. 

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 17/04/2017 at 09:54, Junior_Arab said:

Just to be clear, I am very much against the re-organisation proposals and for a pyramid system, but I can't see a north region stretching from the Tay to the North coast being workable. I think you'd need a different solution. 

Why wouldn't it work? Montrose Roselea switched Regions and are doing that right now.  The Highland League's territory already encompasses Dundee.

18 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Why wouldn't it work? Montrose Roselea switched Regions and are doing that right now.  The Highland League's territory already encompasses Dundee.

You are aware that Montrose is 40 miles north of Dundee? And yes, the Highland League's territory does in theory encompass Dundee. However no team south of Aberdeen chooses to compete in it - because it is a logistical impossibility!

1 minute ago, Junior_Arab said:

You are aware that Montrose is 40 miles north of Dundee? And yes, the Highland League's territory does in theory encompass Dundee. However no team south of Aberdeen chooses to compete in it - because it is a logistical impossibility!

How can it be a logistical impossibility when clubs like Fort William, Brora and Wick Academy manage it? If they can, I'm sure Dundee Junior clubs can.  Also, 40 miles north of Dundee is still 40 south of Aberdeen.

A three region solution with regards to the level below SPFL2 is the sensible way forward, we do not need a fourth region of Tayside/Fife clubs, it would never be accepted anyway so it's probably a pointless argument, it would be difficult enough to persuade everyone to go to three and mirror the Juniors.

Anyway, this is getting way off topic. There's a larger issue to deal with first.

You are aware that Burnieman is the only one on here who's opinion on regionalisation is correct. No point debating regards a 40 mile radius with a man who insists that junior clubs 2 miles apart should be competing in different leagues.

I shouldn't bother biting as you're nothing but a disruptive troll who wants to follow me around, but on the point of Lochore, I have said on umpteen occasions that they should have requested a move to the South, they have had ample opportunity but haven't.

We both know that.

The problem is Scotland's geography. Bear in mind 70% of the population live in the Central Belt. There's always going to be geographical extremes, regardless of how you split up leagues, particularly when most clubs are at most an hour or two away from each other. You're never going to get round this, short of banning the more remote clubs from the competition or artificially limiting their progress - which is profoundly unfair.

The problem is Scotland's geography. Bear in mind 70% of the population live in the Central Belt. There's always going to be geographical extremes, regardless of how you split up leagues, particularly when most clubs are at most an hour or two away from each other. You're never going to get round this, short of banning the more remote clubs from the competition or artificially limiting their progress - which is profoundly unfair.

It would probably be easier to redistribute the populous to suit the league make up.....

On the matter of Kelty and other clubs stated ambitions 're licencing and pyramid, do people expect them to actually move to the EoS, or is this more about forcing change whilst remaining in the Juniors for the time being?

Do you think these clubs are in any position to force change ?

I think they are in the position to get the issue on the table and into the spotlight. They are amongst the top Junior clubs in Scotland, and add Talbot into the mix who have also voiced their opinion on licencing.

If these clubs push the issue, as they are doing, TJ & Co will need to listen.

On ‎23‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 20:44, Meeks said:

Unfortunately they will listen then make the wrong decision as they almost always do

After the recent meeting at Kelty, I wonder if the issue of re-organisation will actually make it to the AGM.

Would appear to be a waste of time if it does.

On Friday, April 21, 2017 at 18:35, Cyclizine said:

There is an argument for having a centrally held pot of funding through which to support those whose travel is at the extremes because of their position within a region. Identify the standard expectations for clubs competing in the pyramid and allocate funding to support those who are beyond that standard throughan additional annual payment. Might be something that already happens - I don't know. 

• 2 weeks later...

So if the rumours are true and Kelty walk to the EoSFL, how does the Region deal with that to keep the top two divisions at 16? relegate one less from the Superleague, and one less from the Premier?

That's what happened when Ballingry folded, IIRC.

However if they go ahead with the reorganising to 14-team Superleague and 3 regional leagues below, maybe they'll just leave it at 15 for a year. That way you don't need to relegate so many clubs in 12 months time/or could offer 1 promotion place to Premier instead of 2017-18 being "non-competitive".

• 2 weeks later...

So, 4 weeks to the East AGM.

Any further word on what's going on? I heard something about a proposal to "regionalise" the Premier into 12 team leagues North and South which is just as insane as the other nonsense being proposed. 11 home games instead of 15? aye right then.

Is any actual re-organisation proposal going to be tabled or have people come to their senses and kicked it into the long grass?

5 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

So, 4 weeks to the East AGM.

Any further word on what's going on? I heard something about a proposal to "regionalise" the Premier into 12 team leagues North and South which is just as insane as the other nonsense being proposed. 11 home games instead of 15? aye right then.

Is any actual re-organisation proposal going to be tabled or have people come to their senses and kicked it into the long grass?

It will have to proposed first and seconded to go to a vote.

Archived