Livi v East Fife

3 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Livingston 1-0 East Fife

Buchanan 45+ mins

Livi score from a breakaway with their first shot on target, jammy b*****ds!!!

Thought it was a superbly worked goal, quick slick passing and well finished by Buchanan, great time to score as well.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, hoobahabba said:
2 hours ago, Bayviewboy said:
Congrats to Livi on their win which keeps them top of the league but I thought they were quite disappointing for a full time outfit. Not a criticism, just an observation.

[/

Disappointing? Were you hoping for an even bigger thrashing?

3-1 from a full-time team against 9 men is hardly a thrashing ! I expected Livi to play better Football throughout. Long balls from the back from Crichton that went straight out the park is not what I would expect from a full time team. Not exactly a slick passing display. Alloa looked far better when we played them earlier in the season - just my opinion. What's yours ? Did you think Livi played well today ? Btw by your idea we thrashed you at Bayview by the same score ! 

44 minutes ago, Bayviewboy said:

3-1 from a full-time team against 9 men is hardly a thrashing ! I expected Livi to play better Football throughout. Long balls from the back from Crichton that went straight out the park is not what I would expect from a full time team. Not exactly a slick passing display. Alloa looked far better when we played them earlier in the season - just my opinion. What's yours ? Did you think Livi played well today ? Btw by your idea we thrashed you at Bayview by the same score ! 

We played poor today and won 3-1, I'll take that. 

We've played a lot lot better this season and we've played worse a couple times but yeh today wasn't great but it was important we won the game and we did.

Alloa can look far better against whoever they like, as long as we finish above them, 6 points out of 6 against them and Brechin is a great return, its been the middle to lower division teams we've dropped points against. 

If we can get that rectified and find a way to beat these teams as we have done today then playing poorly won't bother me too much. 

Yep Alloa are shit hot, that's why we've beaten them 3-1 twice this season.

This game was a potential banana skin for us, esp with us having the midweek fixture in Belfast and Lithgow being suspended, can't play top of your game every week but that's 4 wins on the bounce and we've scored 3 goals in every one of them, we didn't exactly scrape the win today either, was fairly comfortable.

BTW  PT, FT doesn't make much difference at this stage of the season, even when we won by 23 points with Bollan it wasn't till after January we opened up a gap. 

I'd rather teams thought Alloa and Brechin were better than us. Means it's even more satisfying when we pump them.

We were very poor today, didn't get out of 1st gear but didn't need to against a very poor disciplined side.

On to next week to pump another team out of our cup.

No fluke win for East Fife will mask their utter shiteness this time. Unlucky.

Good to see that East Fife fans found Alloa impressive and not us, because when we hammered them 3-1 twice I didn't find them impressive at all.

I agree with him actually. We should be a lot better than shite punts up the park under no pressure from the likes of Crighton and Lithgow. It's rubbish to watch and invariably with the quality of the centre halves, it goes nowhere near our players. Not sure if it's from the manager but whatever the reasoning, it's pish.

9 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I agree with him actually. We should be a lot better than shite punts up the park under no pressure from the likes of Crighton and Lithgow. It's rubbish to watch and invariably with the quality of the centre halves, it goes nowhere near our players. Not sure if it's from the manager but whatever the reasoning, it's pish.

As has been said, we can't play well every week, if you got up to Brechin last week you would've seen an excellent passing performance, there has been many more games of that same level. 

There has been games like today that we've struggled in but have lost, today we didn't play well but found a way to win, I'll take that everyday of the week. 

I've never quite understood the pretty football argument, pretty football doesn't always win games, certainly not at this level, it would be nice to be able to play 20 passing around the pitch and score at the end of it, but I'm quite pleased with winning games, at the end of the day winning games wins points and trophies. 

As for Crighton and Lithgow, some of the balls they've played forward and across the pitch this season already have been very good, today didn't work but I like the no nonsense defending that they bring. 

The passage of play leading up to our first goal was excellent, Mikey Miller scored a cracking free kick, and we scored 3 goals and won the game, can't say I wasn't entertained by the game.

We've scored 31 goals in 12 games and sit top of the league, anyone that hasn't enjoyed watching us play this season may as well just give up going to Livi games. Tbh I wouldn't have been surprised if we'd lost this game, it was bound to see us have a dip in performance levels on the back of a great away performance at Brechin and the midweek trip to play Crusaders, wasn't that bothered how we played today as long as we won.

Can't believe we're even having this discussion when we won the game 3-1 and are top of the league.:lol:

11 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

Haha get over it mate, I said some you get some you don't just like every other team in the country today. 

I also said we've been on the end of a few bad calls this season, just like every other team in the country, I'm pretty sure you've had a few refereeing decisions gone your way during games and haven't complained.

It's all coming across like sour grapes really.

He has a very short memory - we had Miller sent off in the last East Fife fixture that was subsequently overturned. 

8 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

As has been said, we can't play well every week, if you got up to Brechin last week you would've seen an excellent passing performance, there has been many more games of that same level. 

There has been games like today that we've struggled in but have lost, today we didn't play well but found a way to win, I'll take that everyday of the week. 

I've never quite understood the pretty football argument, pretty football doesn't always win games, certainly not at this level, it would be nice to be able to play 20 passing around the pitch and score at the end of it, but I'm quite pleased with winning games, at the end of the day winning games wins points and trophies. 

As for Crighton and Lithgow, some of the balls they've played forward and across the pitch this season already have been very good, today didn't work but I like the no nonsense defending that they bring. 

It's nothing about playing well or otherwise. If you're not under any pressure as a centre-half, you should not be firing multiple inaccurate punts up the pitch. The other players we have are good enough to make something from a simple short pass.

We weren't great, but we didn't need to be. Regardless, I'm far from disappointed!

I think you're putting us on a pedestal, which is surprising given our horrible performance at Bayview. Full time or not, slick passing is not a requirement for success at this level. It says a lot about the expectations you have of your own team that you're looking for gratification from our performance.

8 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

Agree. If it's pretty passing football you're after then maybe League 1 in Scotland is not where you should be watching the game.

I'd like to think that Easy Fife were partly responsible for our performance yesterday. Their players worked hard and were good at marking and closing us down. Often the only option we had was to kick a long ball. 

I'll take a win any day however it comes and I particularly enjoyed that one after the reverse happening to us last time we played them. I've lost count of the times I've seen Livi play a passing game and sent home well beaten.

5 hours ago, east fife for life said:

What fluke win will that be?

WTF has happened to Insall since that game, was surprised to see him left out of your starting 11.

Think you got player and manager of the month for Sept too, hope to feck we don't get it for last month cause I don't think East Fife have won a game since. #motmcurse

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

WTF has happened to Insall since that game, was surprised to see him left out of your starting 11.

Think you got player and manager of the month for Sept too, hope to feck we don't get it for last month cause I don't think East Fife have won a game since. #motmcurse

We have found ourselves in the position of being short in terms of numbers with a surplus of strikers.

For the record I would be delighted if I was a Livingston fan after yesterday. Very little between the teams but coming away with a 3-1 win. That's fitba. We just need to take it on the chin, learn from the mistakes and build on the positives.

The biggest lesson from the last two weeks is not to over-react to poor officiating... 

Archived