Livi v East Fife

Livingston 1-0 East Fife

Buchanan 45+ mins

Livi score from a breakaway with their first shot on target, jammy b*****ds!!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Livingston 2-0 East Fife

Miller 49th min

Direct free kick, good finish but does anybody know what it was awarded for, pretty sure even the ref doesn't!!!

Livingston 3-1 East Fife

Buchanan 66 mins

Definite but needless Penalty to give away as there was two men covering back, aldo not too sure about the red card re . the two men covering back!!!

Game over!!!

Won ugly today, didn't play that well but got the all important 3 points and that's all that matters. 

Great freekick by Miller, he seems to be making a habit of scoring good goals. 

Clear penalty too although a hint of offside about it, I don't think the red card was for it being a goal scoring chance because the ball was gone and as someone else said two defenders covering but more so that he just about snapped Mullen in two, was a pretty awful tackle. 

2nd red was very odd but he's obviously said something to the ref as nothing's happened off the ball I don't think, he's lucky to not get a second red for pushing the ref also.

Anyway wasn't our best performance at all but East Fife made it difficult to get into any kind of rhythm, that's credit to them but we got what we wanted and we move on. 

What's going on in Scottish football that is the second week in a row the standard of refereeing was shocking .I was in line with the linesman when the livi player was at a minimum 1 metre offside before the keeper brought him down. The same tit gives the livi player offside from a throw in later on. Football has become secondary these days to incompetent clowns making a complete arse of the game. Final rant £5 to park a car first and last time I will be at this stadium

2 minutes ago, flyfifer48 said:

What's going on in Scottish football that is the second week in a row the standard of refereeing was shocking .I was in line with the linesman when the livi player was at a minimum 1 metre offside before the keeper brought him down. The same tit gives the livi player offside from a throw in later on. Football has become secondary these days to incompetent clowns making a complete arse of the game. Final rant £5 to park a car first and last time I will be at this stadium

So is it the referee or the linesman that your having a go at ? You say the refereeing is shocking but then rip into the linesman, it looked offside to me as well but some you get some you don't, we've certainly had a few bad calls against us this season too.

As 3 or 4 people said earlier in this thread there is ample parking just up from the ground, yes the price to park your car is ridiculous, no arguments but for that to stop you following your team is also pretty stupid, just find somewhere else to park next time. 

43 minutes ago, flyfifer48 said:

Theres plenty of parking in the housing opposite the stadium and guess what its free.

37 minutes ago, flyfifer48 said:

Oh your bad calls this season makes it ok then yes that sounds about right

Haha get over it mate, I said some you get some you don't just like every other team in the country today. 

I also said we've been on the end of a few bad calls this season, just like every other team in the country, I'm pretty sure you've had a few refereeing decisions gone your way during games and haven't complained.

It's all coming across like sour grapes really.

Fair play to Livi, they took possibly their only real chance of the first half. Thought we played quite well in the first half and forced 7 or 8 corners but failed to take adavantage. We started the second half reasonably well after the late setback at the end of the first half. To be honest, I didn't think it was a foul that Livi scored from the free kick. Great strike from Millar though. 

The penalty and sending off have no complaints if video footage shows that Mullen was onside when the ball came through. Sitting pretty much in line, I thought he was about a yard off. The sending off probably didn't change the game but I am more concerned that Hurst being suspended will cause us problems in our next game. McManus could be in real hot water. He obviously must have said something pretty bad to warrant a straight red ! He then looked as though he was going to go for the Ref which could lead to further punishment.

Feel sorry for Gary Naysmith as I felt the team played quite well but are just not getting the breaks. The lack of depth in the squad is there for all to see and is now being stretched to the limit with injuries and suspensions. Really need to get a couple of wins soon o boost confidence and lift us away from the trap door. I honestly don't feel there is a huge gap between the teams in this league but confidence will play a huge part in who survives.

Congrats to Livi on their win which keeps them top of the league but I thought they were quite disappointing for a full time outfit. Not a criticism, just an observation.

Extremely satisfying result, a reverse of the first game with the scoreline and sending's off.
Neill came in as CB for Lithgow and did a great job, kept the rest of the team the same and didn't interrupt our rhythm at all (GIRUY SFA).
Thought Pittman was superb in midfield breaking up play, I think since De Vita has come in he's been sacrificed as an attacking midfielder to drop back a bit but he's doing a great job.
Buchanan getting another two goals is on fire and Mullen is such an improved player this season, strong and never stops hassling the opposition defenders, getting their keeper sent off and a penalty to boot, was really wanting him to get a goal to reward him for his performance.
Lovely free kick by Miller too, he's got a great strike on him.
Bring on The New Saints.

16 minutes ago, flyfifer48 said:

Oh your bad calls this season makes it ok then yes that sounds about right

Does for me, esp as you got a few dodgy ones in our first game with your keeper dropping the ball and getting a foul when he wasn't touched then Insall jumping into Kelly for your 2nd goal and we didn't get a foul.

Thought the ref was quite lenient on East Fife players with about 5 yellow card offences being let off and just having a word with some of your players. Even when he finally booked your number 4 he let him of with what could only be described as an all in wrestling move throwing our player to the ground, should've had a 2nd yellow and sent off but maybe he was feeling sorry for you having 2 players red carded by then. No question the keeper deserved the red, and the 2nd red was for foul and abusive language towards the ref, you can get away with blocking off and kicking players but don't swear at the ref.:lol:

Archived