Livi v East Fife

Don't think i'll make any wild predictions after the last one I made in the East Fife v Livi match thread, and got spectacularly wrong.

We've hit a bit of form and have only conceded 1 goal in our last three games, scoring 9 in the process, so players should be confident going into this. Hopefully they'll be really up for it too with the last game against East Fife being our worst defeat, and performance of the season. 

No bold prediction but if we defend better this time and deal with balls into our CB's we should win this, we were horrendous the last time and Insall ran riot.

Mon the Lions.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a big game, it's important after our last couple of results against promotion rivals that we don't get complacent and lose our advantage. 

Probably back to the team from Saturday, Kelly, Longridge, Pittman, Cadden, De vita, Miller, Mullen and Buchanan all back into the starting line up. 

East Fife have shown already that they can mix it with anyone so we will need to be at our best once again, patience might just be key to this. 

19 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Really hope we go at East Fife, plays right into their hands and they'll score 4 or 5 past us.

:lol::shutup:whistle

Not sure about patience Andy, just need to defend better and take no chances clearing our lines, they found a weakness and exploited it all game. Rovers hit us on the counter when we pushed too many players up and i'd agree being more patient against them in our next game and not leave ourselves so open at the back but EF just went at us and pounced on defensive mistakes by our defenders.

22 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

:lol::shutup:whistle

Not sure about patience Andy, just need to defend better and take no chances clearing our lines, they found a weakness and exploited it all game. Rovers hit us on the counter when we pushed too many players up and i'd agree being more patient against them in our next game and not leave ourselves so open at the back but EF just went at us and pounced on defensive mistakes by our defenders.

I was more meaning in the stands, we must be the most inpatient supporters, if we don't unlock the door early and struggle the fans need to stay with the team.

3 weeks ago some on here and around me calling for the managers head, I often have a snigger when I hear folk shout get the ball forward, and when we do get it forward the shouts of, who was that too, or why are you just launching it, incredibly fickle, often said almondvale is a very tough place to play in recent years for our own team because we are so quick to jump on there backs when things aren't going as well as hoped. 

I agree with what you say though, defending has to be better this time around. 

Just now, andylivi1 said:

I was more meaning in the stands, we must be the most inpatient supporters, if we don't unlock the door early and struggle the fans need to stay with the team.

3 weeks ago some on here and around me calling for the managers head, I often have a snigger when I hear folk shout get the ball forward, and when we do get it forward the shouts of, who was that too, or why are you just launching it, incredibly fickle, often said almondvale is a very tough place to play in recent years for our own team because we are so quick to jump on there backs when things aren't going as well as hoped. 

I agree with what you say though, defending has to be better this time around. 

Oh right, yeah completely agree with you there, after the Rovers defeat it was ridiculous some of the comments towards Hopkin and the players. And if you try to show support for the team you're a happy clapper, always thought that was our main role as supporters.

Livi hitting the right form as of expected of them since the last game and are top, as for us we just been a bit lucky not take points from games we probably should have drawn part from hampden with the squad Page and Robinson will be out for this one, should see Kane fill in with Jordey Kerr at CH hopefully Lamont starts bit more creativity he poses in final third when fit and he changes the system to go with two upfront so Insall is not isolated whenever we attack as O'Hara is back from International he'll slot in nicely with what we have got left.

I'm hoping for more of the same a win at Tony's will do for me which will be my birthday weekend, be very nice present for sunday that's for sure if it's all three points, 3-1 fife please...?

Posted about that on the Livi thread early this morning, don't see how it can stand when he's already served his 2 match suspension against Peterhead and Albion rovers, the SFA hearing said they were reinstating his suspension so he'd serve his 2nd game ban, if that's the case they've clearly made a mistake. Livi had better get in touch with them to clear it up before the game though or risk further punishment and another hearing to sort it out. We either sort it out pre match or drop him from the team sheet, to be safe.

Our OS have made a statement about Lithgow now, seems we're accepting his suspension and drawing a line under it, so the Albion Rovers game didn't count as one of his suspended games, what a farce this all was.

Miller at RB didn't work very well against Rovers and playing with a back 3 certainly contributed to our defeat against East Fife in our last game against them, so i'd put Neill in at RB and Halkett as CB alongside Crighton, with Longridge in his usual position at LB. Rest of the team same as last week against Brechin.

Just now, T-zero said:

Where is the best place to park around the stadium?

You'd be better of parking in the multi of the outlet mall (50p per hour) and walking down, if you park at the ground it takes ages to get away and it costs a few bob more to park.

I sometimes used to park in the overspill Asda carpark by the niteclub and just walk along the Almond footpath that comes out at a bridge next to the East stand at the stadium, only a 10 min walk, avoided the traffic coming out post match too. Not done that for a few years but doubt it has changed any. Another one was the back of the boulevard across opposite from McDonald's, there's a path straight down to the stadium, don't think there is any parking charges at either of those but couldn't swear on it.

Some one was saying you an park at the college again though couldn't guarantee it.

The Asda over-spill does charge now I think and the one by the Clydesdale bank is limited to 30 minutes but, I also understand, the tickets they issue are unenforceable.

However the Multistory is probably the best bet - £4 cheaper than the stadium and a lot quicker to get away.

Archived