Best junior grounds

Killiesquirrel

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

Linlithgow have a ground fit enough for a senior league 1/2 club. So without doubt they have the best ground in the juniors.

Cracking venue and a credit to a club who put ground reconstruction high on their agenda.

6 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

Cracking venue and a credit to a club who put ground reconstruction high on their agenda.

yep, cracking set up facilities wise, just hope we give Todd a chance to get a winning team back on the pitch.HTG.

1. Beechwood Park,Auchinleck.
Best playing surface and great facilities.
Most improved ground.
2. Newlandsfield, Pollok.
Great Junior ground with good facilities.
3. Meadow Park, Irvine Meadow.
Always been a great junior ground.
4. Prestonfield, Linlithgow.
Great ground with character and good facilities.

Top 5 quantum leap? Lol

Hill o beith have a nice tidy ground and excellent surface
Arthurlie. Nice big ground seems decent set up
Dundee north end. Prob the best junior ground in dundee area.
Sauchie. Huge ground. Decent stand good covered areas
Lochee harp. Just an old fashioned ground with covered enclosure

Just my opinion on grounds I've been to see Lochee united

Would love to go to boness United's ground linlithgows. Pollok and auchinleck

No probs buddy.

I have loved every Junior ground I have been to actually.

Cumnock, Bathgate, Hill o Beath, Rob Roy's old ground, kilbirnie, Ardrossan, Bo'ness,Sauchie,Tinto Park.

Petershills old ground.p>

Loved them all.[emoji106][emoji106]

Been in most Junior grounds when I was younger with my old man who used to watch other teams other than Talbot out of interest for betting purposes.

He also used to do the cash registers and put one in most social clubs etc.

You canni beat grass roots football for atmosphere and character.

A no what u mean, a miss adamslie, Petershill Park, Benburb, all grounds with character, a really like lesmahagow and lanark aswell.

Looking at some grounds across the Lothians with a bit of history……..

Volunteer Park, Armadale: Been there for over 100 years, and was once a League venue with Armadale FC in the 1920/30’s. I believe the old stand may have gone to Stenhousemuir, which was only demolished a few years back.

Newtown Park, Bo’ness: As Volunteer Park, not sure how long it’s been in existence, but again a league venue where Rangers, Celtic and Hearts have all played in the 20/30’s. Pity the old stand has gone, hopefully one day there will be a replacement.

Olivebank, Musselburgh: Opened in 1910 by the famous Bobby Walker of Hearts/Scotland. The official opening match was against Junior Cup holders Ashfield, Walker acted as a linesman, and I believe Musselburgh Athletic (not the current club) played in a selection of Walker’s old Scotland shirts.

New Dundas Park, Bonnyrigg; Another that has been there, I think pre-WWI replacing the old Dundas Park (obviously!), they never have sorted out that slope……..also Arniston Rangers Newbyres Park, I think a pre-WW1 venue (it has looked like one for long enough!)

Stoneyburn, Bathgate Thistle, Pumpherston, Broxburn Athletic, Tranent, Dalkeith Thistle, Whitburn all play at venues which were in existence since before WWII, some of them much changed, others not so much.

4 hours ago, kilsyth ranger said:

A no what u mean, a miss adamslie, Petershill Park, Benburb, all grounds with character, a really like lesmahagow and lanark aswell.

Loved Benburb.

By the end it was a crumbling relic of a byegone age but it was a great monument to what Junior Football once was. One of those places steeped in history and stale pish in equal measure. 

Loved Benburb.

By the end it was a crumbling relic of a byegone age but it was a great monument to what Junior Football once was. One of those places steeped in history and stale pish in equal measure. 

Lol, I no wot u mean,a think it ended up the same as Renfrew, they knew a new Park was coming, so no point in updating surroundings, as long as surface was OK to play on.

Archived