TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs 2016

JamieStevenson

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No idea what the deal is with Miz/D-Bry but they were just spitting fire last night again on Talking Smack, so much so that they even abruptly went off the air whilst Miz was still throwing shade at him. It's one of the most interesting feuds of 2016 and they won't even get to finish off properly with a match. (Would be crazy if they did though)

2 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

No idea what the deal is with Miz/D-Bry but they were just spitting fire last night again on Talking Smack, so much so that they even abruptly went off the air whilst Miz was still throwing shade at him. It's one of the most interesting feuds of 2016 and they won't even get to finish off properly with a match. (Would be crazy if they did though)

There's no point in giving them the freedom they have, for months on end, if they weren't willing to give them a proper feud ending. I think the Mania match is pretty obvious at this point.

Does putting the tag titles on Luke Harper also suggest Freebird for them too?

Would people want a freebird rule for them or would they rather see Orton and Harper fight over Bray's favour?

1 minute ago, Randy Giles said:

There's no point in giving them the freedom they have, for months on end, if they weren't willing to give them a proper feud ending. I think the Mania match is pretty obvious at this point.

It absolutely deserves it too. Wonder if they'd have the stipulation of Bryan leaving/losing his post if he loses. His baby will be due round about that time, you'd imagine he probably just wants to be at home and take it all in.

3 minutes ago, Dave1875 said:

Would people want a freebird rule for them or would they rather see Orton and Harper fight over Bray's favour?

Luke Harper is regularly jobbing out to a 50 year old Kane, what a pointless fight it would be, feels like there is a bit of tension there but wouldn't make anything of it. Granted, Harper beating Orton would get him right back on the map.

Luke Harper is regularly jobbing out to a 50 year old Kane, what a pointless fight it would be, feels like there is a bit of tension there but wouldn't make anything of it. Granted, Harper beating Orton would get him right back on the map.

Ah but does Harper jobbing to Grandpa Kane set up an angle in which Bray appears to be losing patience with Harper, causing Harper to go back to kicking ass and "Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeahhhhhh"'ing again? Starts doing like he did last night and taking bullets for Bray to prove his loyalty and try win favour?

44 minutes ago, Dave1875 said:

Ah but does Harper jobbing to Grandpa Kane set up an angle in which Bray appears to be losing patience with Harper, causing Harper to go back to kicking ass and "Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeahhhhhh"'ing again? Starts doing like he did last night and taking bullets for Bray to prove his loyalty and try win favour?

Good concept, Bray is definitely a character that would enjoy that. I feel like the yeah yeah yeaahhh thing has been totally forgotten about. I loved seeing Luke Harper, done it at SDLive and got some weird wtf looks as if people had no idea what I was doing :lol:.

Anyway, so far Orton & Harper have both put themselves in harms way to save their leader, somebody's going to f**k up soon surely.

Good concept, Bray is definitely a character that would enjoy that. I feel like the yeah yeah yeaahhh thing has been totally forgotten about. I loved seeing Luke Harper, done it at SDLive and got seem weird wtf looks as if people had no idea what I was doing :lol:.

Anyway, so far Orton & Harper have both put themselves in harms way to save their leader, somebody's going to f**k up soon surely.

Exactly, cases where they both go to save him but f**k it up for each other and cause Bray to get hit.

I do miss the yeah, yeah, yeahhhh. Not sure what this bow and arrow thing he does now is about. Also miffed his entrance doesn't have the trons and screens filled with eyes anymore. That was creepy as hell but worked soo well for Luke

5 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

This is the odd thing about it all.  It's certainly identical to the usual build when you're having something like this, but WWE seemed absolutely adamant that there was no way Bryan would be cleared under their banner.  I don't think the entire thing has been an angle, but if their ultimate plan is for Bryan to come back and face Miz then all I can think is...why?  A bit harsh, because Miz has been fantastic in his role for a long long time, but there's so many other matches that I'd rather see Bryan in than that one, as presuming it isn't going to be him coming back full time.  

It would just be sad if he was brought back just to have a pretty limited match too.

As for the show itself, a pretty enjoyable B show by all accounts.  Smackdown are having a habit of putting on a small number of matches (I think they went a good 20 minutes short) but giving them a decent amount of time.  The tag team match was a bit short, and the Bella/Carmella match was a bit shit, but the rest was very good.  Thought the ladder match was the best of the night, and the chairs match was a lot, lot better than expected.  Main event good too, although I'd have much rather seen Undertaker come in at the end than Ellsworth.  It at least moves the story on though, hopefully for Taker to come back and challenge Styles for Royal Rumble.

EDIT: Also, one thing I was very surprised to see was two chair shots to the head.  I know they weren't full-on attitude era smashes or anything, but still not something you usually see.  The one from Corbin looked very convincing especially.

Archived