TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs 2016

JamieStevenson

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎07‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 09:53, Francesc Fabregas said:

All in all, that was a decent show. The main event was excellent (the ending aside) and AJ Styles was on another planet. That 450-splash through the table was incredible.

I mind him pulling that out in TNA once;

With Cena and Taker potentially returning to the main event scene for the next few months, Miz making the strongest case in years to be a main event player and Wyatt and Orton potentially at the beginning of a monster push Smackdown Live could be looking healthy for 2017.

Cena's schedule is seemingly in doubt as apparently he's taking on more acting roles. He'll be around, but not full time is the word. Can't say I'm upset by that. One of the most boring guys around since it's just the same thing over and over from him (or from 'creative' regarding him).

16 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Cena's schedule is seemingly in doubt as apparently he's taking on more acting roles. He'll be around, but not full time is the word. Can't say I'm upset by that. One of the most boring guys around since it's just the same thing over and over from him (or from 'creative' regarding him).

He's never going to be full time again. The guy's about to host SNL, he's not going to be having promo battles with dorks like Ambrose.

16 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

When he does the five knuckle shuffle and you see him not even touch the guy though. emoji58.png

Are you telling me wrestling is fake?

8 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Cena's brilliant when he puts someone over. His clean losses against Owens and Styles and his loss against RVD at One Night Stand are among the best matches I've seen in the last decade.

For every bit of criticism levelled at Cena for the past decade, he's clearly going about his business the right way and giving guys the rub who require it. Much like HHH has done in the last few years (mostly).

Guys like Hogan and Austin never really did that. They never helped the younger generation of talent up to a new level.

On 12/9/2016 at 12:56, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Came as a shock to me aswell. We all know it's fake but when guy literally doesn't even touch the person with a move it's a tad annoying.

Worst case of that was a while back when it was Orton vs Big Show.  Went for the punt to end the match, and it wasn't even close.  A whole load of fresh air, and shown from the worst possible angle.  

14 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

For every bit of criticism levelled at Cena for the past decade, he's clearly going about his business the right way and giving guys the rub who require it. Much like HHH has done in the last few years (mostly).

Guys like Hogan and Austin never really did that. They never helped the younger generation of talent up to a new level.

Yes and no regarding Cena. Whilst he's put guys like Owens and AJ over well, you can look at the Nexus saga (sigh) and his series with Rusev and Wyatt for example of not doing it right. I don't think he ever put Punk over clean like he did with Owens and AJ.

14 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Yes and no regarding Cena. Whilst he's put guys like Owens and AJ over well, you can look at the Nexus saga (sigh) and his series with Rusev and Wyatt for example of not doing it right. I don't think he ever put Punk over clean like he did with Owens and AJ.

I agree, for years he was the worst at it but he was in his prime and was scrapping to stay on top. Some of the stuff, particularly Nexus and Wyatts was totally shameless stuff. That he walked backstage after the PPV where he beat the full Nexus and agreed with Edge and (I think) Jericho who had said to him earlier in the week that the planned finish was ridiculous and that Nexus/Barrett should've won, says a lot.

Now, he's getting to the end and he's rightly doing the job for several of these guys.

Also, I'm sure he let Punk go over clean at least a couple of times. 

Rusev and Wyatt came out of those rivalries higher in the food chain than then they went in, and the writers, as usual, had no idea what to do with that. That isn't down to John Cena. It's down to the same thing as many of WWE's failings come down to.

The Nexus stuff was ridiculous, but Wade Barrett came out of it looking pretty good. Shame that the other guys came out of it looking like exactly the opposite of good.

Archived