Rovers v Airdrie

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Tory Boy said:

Remember Scotland played England in a school boy international at Broomfield in the morning before the game at Cliftonhill.

Also remember us in the North terracing against Hamilton when they ground shared there a few years later.

Might have been that same season.  remember going to barrel for a few at h/t that day and pub crawl down to the dump.

I preferred Scotland to England back then. My allegiances didn’t shift until after Euro 96.

I think I can pinpoint the shift around about the time of the 10th fight over Gazza’s goal and Seaman letting the goal through his legs. I finished up for summer holidays in school and the tartan Scotland shirt got ditched and replaced with the grey England away shirt for P.E., I thought if I was going to get into a fight I may as well get into one for something I deserve! ;) hahaha

10 hours ago, Tory Boy said:

Remember Scotland played England in a school boy international at Broomfield in the morning before the game at Cliftonhill.

Also remember us in the North terracing against Hamilton when they ground shared there a few years later.

If it was an Accies game then that would have been 1997/99 timeline (according to Wikipedia)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cliftonhill

I was at both games that day. Anyone any idea of the schoolboy sides? I thought that someone told me Trevor Sinclair played for England.

10 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

I was at both games that day. Anyone any idea of the schoolboy sides? I thought that someone told me Trevor Sinclair played for England.

Scotland's star player was a boy called Colin McRonald who I think was an Aberdeen youth whose career peaked at somewhere like Montrose.

The terraccing was open.  I think the game started around 11am.  There was a decent crowd,  a lot of Diamonds did the double header.   A lot popped out to the Barrell for a scoop or 2 at h/t and back in for end of game before descending on cliftonhill

Well that was worth the admission money!! Bit of everything going on. Deserved win. Ryan was superb in the first half, Boetang has came on a tonne in the last few weeks. Much better mix of playing bit short and long. Still organisational issues and Brown is still a complete passenger and a complete shitebag. But a pleasing win none the less.

Happy days. Ferguson was class today McIntosh did well considering he was being played out of position. Boetang and Gorman did well. Conroy was good, leitch ran himself into the ground. Fitzpatrick played well breaking up the play.Brown was poor McDonald played decent. Russell showed his quality and Andy Ryan was class. Dunlops Challange near the end was a disgrace.

Archived