Rovers v Airdrie

Lots going on at Airdrie this week, and the upcoming El Buckfastico seems to have been forgotten.

Will our guys be out to impress the new boss or be unsettled by the removal of the old one?

Will we play like we know we can, or like we did in the last derby?

Away win for me. Rovers 2-7 Diamonds.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Important Mark Wilson gets off to a good start. Hopefully he will already know what needs to be done with regard to the players and is able to develop a system on the park which is achievable for the players we have which will make us a more consistent and competitive side. Something we haven't been for years.

The last time I was at Rovers' ground the fans were located on flat ground either side of their pavilion thing. Meant that all we could see were heads running up and down the side of the pitch and the frequent balls punted into the air. Does anyone know if you can stand elsewhere like behind the Airdrie end goal?

2 hours ago, Nicko said:

The last time I was at Rovers' ground the fans were located on flat ground either side of their pavilion thing. Meant that all we could see were heads running up and down the side of the pitch and the frequent balls punted into the air. Does anyone know if you can stand elsewhere like behind the Airdrie end goal?

Yes, there's a new terracing behind the Airdrie end that opened last year. When we lost 7-2 there I couldn't see a thing from the people infront of me (thank f***).

To leapfrog their rivals into the playoffs if theirs serious about playoffs, which should be everyone outside Stenny & QP aim.

lose its 5 point gap with Peterhead possibly overtaking 

you don't agree? 

25 minutes ago, Yoda8 said:

To leapfrog their rivals into the playoffs if theirs serious about playoffs, which should be everyone outside Stenny & QP aim.

you don't agree? 

Thanks, Yoda. Perhaps your ambitions are loftier than mine!

you don't agree? 

I see where you're coming from on this but I have to agree with Bold. Playoff's would be a dream come true for us and of course we should be looking to improve on last seasons league position. However I don't think much has changed financially or behind the scenes for us to support that.

We are ticking along nicely and have in the last few weeks picked up points away at Airdrie, Livingston and Alloa, not places I would have imagined us doing so at the start of the season. Personally I'd like to see our home form pick up.

So yes it would be great to get another one over on Airdrie, however if we lose I don't imagine anyone will be calling for Darren Young's head. Unless it finishes 8-2

For decades I'd looked down my nose at Rovers but those days are long gone.

On the park the club have been settled and consistent,  Sandy Clark then Billy Stark have done a great job with the team.

Off the park Tony McMinn and Rab Fullobins has got into the community and set in place massive improvements to engage with the town.

They've thoroughly put Airdrie to shame in the past few years.

Hope to f**k we rattle yous though.

ML5isadive

10 minutes ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

For decades I'd looked down my nose at Rovers but those days are long gone.

On the park the club have been settled and consistent,  Sandy Clark then Billy Stark have done a great job with the team.

Off the park Tony McMinn and Rab Fullobins has got into the community and set in place massive improvements to engage with the town.

They've thoroughly put Airdrie to shame in the past few years.

Hope to f**k we rattle yous though.

ML5isadive

Why were you displeased by my asking Yoda why he felt this is a must-win game for the Rovers?

Archived