Alloa Vs Stenhousemuir

Been looking forward to this game after the 3-0 win over Queens Park on Saturday. Saw the prices for Saturday and probably won't attend. No student discount means that I will have to pay £16 to get in. Joke.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's right though, £16 to watch football at this level is a bit of a turn off.

I imagine Alloa Athletic are favourites for the match but they don't look like they've caught fire yet since Jack Ross's departure. Can a resurgent Stenhousemuir get the better of them? Why the heck not!

I'd go for the same team that defeated Queen's Park, obviously. David Crawford looks like he's added a layer of confidence to the backline and the axis of Summers-Kerr-Marsh-Meechan is the best and most balance defence we have. Will Willis Alves Furtado be available following his suspension? If so, he could be a handy option from the bench.

The head says Alloa will win but the heart says Stone Cold Stenhousemuir might just get something from it.

2 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

He's right though, £16 to watch football at this level is a bit of a turn off.

He is but for all the will in the world, we've heard it a million times now, we agree and our guys who dont have season tickets have to fork it out every second week rather than twice a season. Lets just move on and talk about the game...

Since Jim Goodwin got the job, we've been excellent against Brechin (among our top team performances of the season), decent enough against Livi first half before falling away and although credit goes to Albion Rovers for the way they stuck in and defended- we really should have won that game.

Expecting a tough game on Saturday, particularly after Stennys win last weekend. DC is a good signing. But this is one we really need to win before another lengthy bout on the road.

Don't see Alloa changing much for this game. Warriors will play very much like Albion last week by sitting in and trying to counter. 

The question for Alloa is do we go with one up top again or try longworth and spence up front. Personally I would 4-3-1-1 with kilpartick being dropped for longworth playing between midfield and spence to back him up. Kilpartick played ok last week feel he's lost a bit past few games. 

Comfortable 2 goal victory for Alloa 

Scooter lololol 

4-3-1-1

Good job ur no the Gaffer 

4-1-4-1 

Parry 

Taggs   Marr Graham  Waters 

Goodwin 

Kinky     Robbo    Crawley   Flanny

Spence 

With Goodwin dropping back into sweeper letting Marr and Graham Rome when we have the ball going forward 

When we don't have the ball both step into a back 5 

It's a easy game when we play with a full team Scooter that's  11 players 

Simple mistake in my calculations. I could have also been thinking of the formation when we finished against the Warriors last time. 

I feel I am one of few left who still has faith in longworth. He started the season well in my view and then got injured and has looked a bit off the pace since he returned. I feel some game time and he'll get back to his best. I feel we need to be more direct than we were last week that's my view of change in the formation. 

Certainly don't think we should give up on the guy. We need another striker to bang a few in and his record certainly shows he is capable. Not sure if I'm starting him ahead of Kirkpatrick though. From the managers interview (I agreed with his views on last week) I can't see us changing much. One of those days and a chance to make amends today.

Don't see Alloa changing much for this game. Warriors will play very much like Albion last week by sitting in and trying to counter. 

The question for Alloa is do we go with one up top again or try longworth and spence up front. Personally I would 4-3-1-1 with kilpartick being dropped for longworth playing between midfield and spence to back him up. Kilpartick played ok last week feel he's lost a bit past few games. 

Comfortable 2 goal victory for Alloa 

I'm with you on this one tbh, i think he just needs a goal, there will come a time when greig may have a dry spell.

Archived