RandomAttempt at managing Saints - FM17

RandomGuy.

What are your expectations?

Qualifying for Europe was the agreed expectation at the start of the season, I'm sure

EUhSlyv.png

aeTUOxz.png

And the expectations you can choose at the start of the season.

2XOdH8q.png

Being blanked on the SI Bugs forum, apart from one helpful fellow, so I assume its not something folk from SI care enough about (although they seem more than happy to discuss why Man U don't have a patterned pitch in-game <_<). So I'll chalk it up to a bug from the beta I suppose.

Just have to carry on and try and get through it, but I'll fail and be sacked, despite potentially being within eight points of 1st in January

Lost the first of the five games, away to Aberdeen, and got sacked.

We sat four points off 1st.

f**k this shit.

Started a different save as Leeds, and seen that Tommy Wright got sacked in February despite sitting sixth in the league. I've skimmed through numerous first seasons to see what happens, and hes never made it to the seasons end.

It'll be tough as f**k to survive a season at Saints, as you seem to have to be in the top three for the majority of the season to survive.

Its understandable as the minimum expectations are to qualify for Europe, but it seems very severe.

Just now, mrcat1990 said:

Thread over?

Might revisit it later but aye, was spewing after, finally, having a decent season and still getting sacked in my season.

Not really sure why the board set expectations to qualify for Europe as saints were set to finish in group 3. Group 1 is for champions , group 2 is for 2nd, 3rd and 4th. So group 3 means they are expected to finish 5th or 6th. That's MT understanding anyway. Maybe SG Milne could shed some light. I started a Saints save last night. Won 2 out of 2 in the cup but it's not been convincing .

Archived