The Pars vs The Rovers part Deux: The quickening

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On a lighter note, did anyone see the geriatric roaster in the North stand fall on his puss as he went for McHattie?

The bald guy? Probably the best moment of the match.

1 hour ago, Zen Archer said:

I have no idea, although, it was decent of the stewards to make sure he got back to his seat. 

The excitement of the match finishing got to these folk, evidently. 

Folk on here impressed by Wedderburn, seriously?! Most times he was involved in any sort of attacking move, it broke down at the point of him attempting a pass. Usually an aimless hoof forward. I'll admit he managed to complete a couple of passes second half.

On the plus side we didn't concede so he possibly added something defensively. Not screaming for McCabe back just yet.

Bad as we were yesterday, Dunfermline yechh.............. 9 points from 12 games!!

Equates to 0.75 points  per game and minus 8 goal difference, mountain to climb, watch out.

Scary stuff, for the Pars.

Sloppy start, but I'm confident we'll still comfortably make the top 3. It's a marathon etc.

Quite possibly the flattest and drabbest Pars v Rovers game I've ever attended. The first 45 minutes, Farid's excellent chance that he should've taken aside, can quickly be erased from memory. Just nothing offered from either team. The atmosphere was non-existent for much of the game too but then it's hard for anybody to be lifted by what was on offer.

I thought we were just about the better side and am a bit disappointed we couldn't find the winner, but the clean sheet is hopefully something to build on. In saying that, a couple of slack pieces of play - Ashcroft's header back towards Murdoch first half, then a poor back pass from Talbot (I think) led to them having a bit of a stramash and Murdoch did well to keep the ball out in the second - could have cost us. Although their keeper made a couple of decent saves, we didn't test him enough.

Was surprised we didn't make any subs; I thought McMullan would've been ideal to run at them for the last 15 when I felt Cardle had drifted out the game. Plus points were that I thought Wedderburn again was solid, Geggan had his best game for ages at right back and Herron, although tiring towards the end, got 90. He's a player I've been impressed with when we've seen him. Thought Higginbotham played well last week and was a creative outlet again yesterday; hope he can keep it up.

Not entirely unhappy with the draw as although we maybe shaded it second half, I don't think either team could really complain at the outcome.

30 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

While I thought Mchattie was the best player on the park in the QoTS game he was probably the worst yesterday, Higginbothom gave him the run around.

Fair comment, however Locke on the post match TV  interview was saying McHattie was only 50% fit. 

He played a blinder against QofTS last week, MoTM as far as I was concerned that day

12 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

M'Voto was my MOTM. Nothing was getting through him. 

M'Voto has been an excellent signing. He has a side of him that thinks he's a ball playing center back which can cause issues, and occasionally there's been the odd moment of miscommunication, but by and large he'll get the job done. 

46 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

While I thought Mchattie was the best player on the park in the QoTS game he was probably the worst yesterday, Higginbothom gave him the run around.

Really? I didn't think Higginbothom did that well. I felt McHattie did fine, and was better than the majority of our defence for getting the ball into midfield. His injury didn't help, but even still I felt he was solid enough. 

Also, that was a decent save by Murdoch to stop Callachan from the cutback. Remember thinking yesterday we should've buried that. 

Really? I didn't think Higginbothom did that well. I felt McHattie did fine, and was better than the majority of our defence for getting the ball into midfield. His injury didn't help, but even still I felt he was solid enough. 

Also, that was a decent save by Murdoch to stop Callachan from the cutback. Remember thinking yesterday we should've buried that. 

Mchattie was probably our weakest link yesterday. Got caught out of position quite a lot yesterday. Matthews was quite poor as well and I'd have taken him off rather than Johnstone..

M'Voto was outstanding yet again. Davo has really surprised me at RB. He's nowhere near as good as Thomson at going forward, but he's far better at the defensive side of things. Although he did start making a few mistakes as the second half wore on again. The only attacking player that got pass marks yesterday would have been Stewart for his work rate and if we were to score, it looked as if it would come through him either setting it up or notching it himself.

I'd have had Skacel on long before he came on as well. I felt yesterday would have been the game for his composure.

M'Voto MotM though. Excellent signing this season.

Archived