The Pars vs The Rovers part Deux: The quickening

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Allan Walker got sent off right at half time then it came over the tannoy just before the end of half time that Dougie Hill had been shown the red in the tunnel as well. The photo of him with falkingham is hilarious :lol:

If I remember right, you won that game 2-0, 0-0 at H/T

dougie hill.jpg

What was the game when Rovers went haywire at half time? Dougie Hill? grabbing Falkingham by the neck.

Did Simmons get sent off in that game too?

IMG_1478111197.140482.jpg.fb317f4811ef04

Incredible picture. I remember having a discussion at the time with the guys I go to the games with about the incident, we were in all agreement that red was unbelievably harsh. Just shows you how little you see from that distance. Dougie's face looks demonic :lol:

2 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Allan Walker got sent off right at half time then it came over the tannoy just before the end of half time that Dougie Hill had been shown the red in the tunnel as well. The photo of him with falkingham is hilarious :lol:

If I remember right, you won that game 2-0, 0-0 at H/T

Oh aye, and Crawford fucking Allan was the ref!

Been trying to find it. Found the match, it was 1-3.

In terms of celebrated goals, aside from those mentioned, Tade up in Aberdeen was rather crazy. Simply on the basis we had half a defence that game, with the other positions being filled my simmons and ferry. Their fans were utterly fuming. One lass who was gloating when Smith hit the post punted the seat in front into bits.

Casa and Walkers goals were special, as was Grant Murrays shot from about 30 yards out. Don't think he'd scored in about 5 years.

My favourite has to be Baird versus Rangers. Utter bedlam. A team which was devoid of quality but managed to win. All the chat before from their fans about humiliating us and they were beaten.

3 minutes ago, rw89 said:

My favourite has to be Baird versus Rangers. Utter bedlam. A team which was devoid of quality but managed to win. All the chat before from their fans about humiliating us and they were beaten.

It's not very often I cheer a goal by another side but getting it up the blue bigots in that fashion was incredible scenes. 

On 4/4/2016 at 16:43, Dazzle said:

Allan Walkers equaliser at EEP was utter mayhem, top of the league with Pars second, 2-0 down at half time only for Dunfermline to get a man sent off then sub 2 on to get them back upto 11 players (still laugh at how they got away with that) then us to score in the 85th minute before Walker scoring a header in the 90th. Someone will have a video of it somewhere, most crazy I've ever went at a game of football.

On 4/7/2016 at 15:07, CALDERON said:

When Walker scored deep into injury time at the first game at EEP, I actually had a sore chest from celebrating so much. 

On 10/7/2016 at 00:12, Rover the Moon said:

Allan Walker's equaliser in the 2-2 at EEP.

8 hours ago, Daz80 said:

The 2-2 draw was a good game much better than a lot of wins we have had against you in recent years 

12 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Was at that game, and it was a Decent ending to a shite game. Nothing more. Nothing less.

:lol:

For the record, I'm not bemoaning the Raith fans for celebrating. It's that absolute simpleton Rovers1992/93 trying to claim that he stood and applauded politely and nothing more. 

2 minutes ago, smpar said:

:lol:

Crazy that people enjoy watching thier team come from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 in injury in a Derby that keeps them top of the league. Crazy. 

Just now, Dazzle said:

Crazy that people enjoy watching thier team come from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 in injury in a Derby that keeps them top of the league. Crazy. 

See above post.

For the record, I'm not bemoaning the Raith fans for celebrating. It's that absolute simpleton Rovers1992/93 trying to claim that he stood and applauded politely and nothing more. 

Did I say that? Or are you putting words in my mouth? There was a Pars fan saying that, that result was being celebrated like it was the Rovers biggest since being 1-0 up away to Bayern Munich.

It might be the fact that was probably my first or second season following the Rovers, but that doesn't even place in my top 10 games. I don't have the same memories from that game as a lot of other fans do, like I said, it could be because that was one of my first derby games..

16 hours ago, Rover the Moon said:

Imagine celebrating getting a point in an away derby after being 2-0 down with 6 mins to go. The shame of it.

No issue with celebrating the point in the ground. The fact it's still brought up YEARS later, despite the fact you went on to bottle it and the Pars romped home to title, is a little embarrassing.

15 hours ago, Paco said:

Maybe we are a wee team.

Quite.

Archived