The Pars vs The Rovers part Deux: The quickening

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Nope! I do know that with the ticket office not being open in the evening a few a struggling to sort tickets out. I would imagine the whole 'getting tickets is a hassle' vibe people naturally feel due to the stupidity that is Fife Police will knock a few hundred off (unless it is advertised well you can easily get tickets pre-kick off?). I would hope we would get around 2000 - we only get about 1800max at home for a normal league game so taking over 100% of the home gate would be a decent effort! What kind of home crowd will turn out do you think? 

As for the game we are rightly favourites but derbies really are a leveler. We also will miss Barr and have a tendency to shite ourselves at EEP. I think those Pars fans that think we will walk it are well off the mark. A narrow win either way is most likely. 

On another note, I was hearing the Elizabethan is trying to market itself as a food place - bullshit or true? and has lost some of its football pub charm? Regardless of their desires I would anticipate it will be rammed on Saturday with most folk going for a liquid lunch.

Our home crowds have been surprisingly good given our poor form. I reckon we would be looking at 3.5 - 4 in the home end minimum.

Raith certain favourites given higher position and form. You guys are earning points even when not playing well which is a good sign. Barr missing out is good news for us however. Herron playing for U20's against Rangers as we speak and playing well by all accounts, so hopefully he'll be involved.

Aye the Lizzie is probably 70% restaurant now, however you can still get a pint and sit in the bar area. I thought it would be an issue with travelling Hibs fans the other week as so many were attending but my Hibee supporting mate said it was fine.

It's all very well saying "there's no hassle getting tickets in advance" but unless an event is going to be sold out we should be trying to make it as easy as possible to get tickets, not putting up artificial barriers. It's a nonsense. 

Anyway, how many wee teamers should we expect? I know their home crowds haven't been up to much (crowdwank alert) but with them being favourites and all, should we be looking at a decent amount of fans in the Cowdenbeath end? One of the few good things about this season has been seeing people rather than empty seats staring back at us. It's not so good seeing them celebrate a goal right enough.

24 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

It's all very well saying "there's no hassle getting tickets in advance" but unless an event is going to be sold out we should be trying to make it as easy as possible to get tickets, not putting up artificial barriers. It's a nonsense. 

Anyway, how many wee teamers should we expect? I know their home crowds haven't been up to much (crowdwank alert) but with them being favourites and all, should we be looking at a decent amount of fans in the Cowdenbeath end? One of the few good things about this season has been seeing people rather than empty seats staring back at us. It's not so good seeing them celebrate a goal right enough.

I didn't say that it should be all-ticket by any means, I agree with you on that one, I was just saying that it's nonsense to say that it's a hassle to get tickets if you are required to.

Hoping Herron is back for this one as he was superb against St.Mirren in his one and only game. Only issue is he hasn't played since the first 5 minutes of the following game against Ayr when he got injured. Clark back scoring following injury and Cardle likewise I think we could cause problems. However, our defence is extremely vulnerable and some of the goals we've conceded recently are inexcusable.

A nail-biting, new pants please 2-1 home win.

Rovers fans, any idea how many tickets you guys have sold? 

I haven't got time to f**k about buying tickets. They'll probably be purchased on the day or not at all. Hopefully on the day.

I don't get why people think like that, "getting tickets is a hassle" if you can't get along when the office is open, order them online at your convenience & get them delivered or if you're in a supporters club get tickets through them, easy! The only minor hassle is them trying to enforce allocated seating which we all know won't happen on the day anyway.

Liam as I posted yesterday, I was shocked to find the Ticket Office closed at 4pm. And as you rightly said they're available online, however when I went to add to basket (clicked the link via the news article page), it wasn't loading into the basket. So went in to the Shop link Tickets & Events I think the option is, and there was no option to buy them. So in turn causing hassle to buy them.

3 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

Liam as I posted yesterday, I was shocked to find the Ticket Office closed at 4pm. And as you rightly said they're available online, however when I went to add to basket (clicked the link via the news article page), it wasn't loading into the basket. So went in to the Shop link Tickets & Events I think the option is, and there was no option to buy them. So in turn causing hassle to buy them.

I tried online at work earlier to buy tickets and had the same problem. I work 9-5 in Bathgate all week so have no chance of getting to the ticket office. Certainly a hassle. Going to have to ask my old Maw to walk up Pratt Street tomorrow to sort me out. I'm sure she will also agree it's a hassle. I wouldn't mind but there is absolutely no fucking need for it. This all ticket farce has been going on for far to long for the Fife derbys. Never have i seen a bit of trouble inside either stadium on derby day and  bar one obvious and foreseeable exception neither stadium is ever anywhere near full to capacity. It's time our clubs stood up and told the police or whoever to f**k off with this all ticket pish. 

I've not booked tickets yet. I'm over in Edinburgh, so it's more practical to probably wait until the day of the game. The club usually throw in a few admin charges for booking online, and also there's apparently a £4.50 delivery charge. I'd rather wait in a queue outside the ground and waste time rather than money. 

Not great to be without three definite starters, in Thomson, Barr and Stewart. Added to Robertson and Craig Barr it seems just as we looked like getting out of the woods in terms of injuries, we're right back in it again.

I think Locke will play Skacel after he set up the winner on Saturday. Personally I'd probably play Vaughan, Dunfermline's defence were absolutely pathetic when confronted with pace at Stark's, although I know fans favourite "BRE" has barely been seen since.

Losing Stewart is definitely a blow with the form he's in. Not as confident now. McManus has only scored against St Mirren this season without Stewart alongside him, and Vaughan and Skacel haven't scored at all in the league.

I've seen us play the Rovers several times and only once we have one, in the only game that mattered: the BMMMH show. 

The 2-2 game that season is the most dramatic game I've ever been to. Something like that on Saturday would do. Picking up points and a decent show will suit me. However, we should probably be getting gubbed 3-0 or 4-0. 

Hopefully Herron and El Alagui are able to start. Does AJ have the balls to drop Geggan though? I'd much rather we played Nat and Herron (if available) in the centre. Geggan has been a passenger this season, but he seems to be one of AJ's favourites. Those two in the middle, Higginbotham sitting off El Alagui, Cardle and Paton on the wings and hope that any combination of defenders don't give away cheap goals. LOL. 

Archived