The Pars vs The Rovers part Deux: The quickening

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Raithie said:

We're on 20 points just now and at this point last season we were on 21 points. Locke out!!!!

All good though, Ray's play-off dynamos won one match between 17th October and 20th February - courtesy of a stoppage time penalty at Morton in December. Plenty scope for Locke IN.

There's even hope for perma-diddies Dunfermline to end up in the top 4, going by our record last season. Maybe Johnson isn't deluded after all.

1 minute ago, Zen Archer said:

Yes, this happened a few years back when a substitution was made and the Pars neglected to take anyone off the park.

Haha I remember that. Much bemusement in our end when that happened. Can't for the life of me remember what game it was mind you, maybe the 2-2 game during the season they won the league.

They had Gibson sent off already hadn't they? Made a sub then brought 2 on?? Either way, they defended the corner with an extra man on the park. 

I thought they should have received a fine of some sort for that. Have they not been fined twice in recent years for playing ineligible players? This was along the same lines. 

Just now, Daz80 said:

They had Gibson sent off already hadn't they? Made a sub then brought 2 on?? Either way, they defended the corner with an extra man on the park. 

I thought they should have received a fine of some sort for that. Have they not been fined twice in recent years for playing ineligible players? This was along the same lines. 

Not like the Pars to cheat.....:whistle

27 minutes ago, Daz80 said:

I think it happened once with Calum Woods. He came on against Stenny (I think) but he wasn't listed as a sub. We were 6 up at the time and I think he literally ran on the park and the FT whistle went. Sure the game was replayed. 

Could we have an unprecedented situation in which we award Rovers a 2-0 win and we don't have to sit through it?

No, in all seriousness, complete apathy has washed over me. Bit of huffing and puffing, ship a few goals, game over. 

21 minutes ago, JFPar said:

I think it happened once with Calum Woods. He came on against Stenny (I think) but he wasn't listed as a sub. We were 6 up at the time and I think he literally ran on the park and the FT whistle went. Sure the game was replayed. 

You're right, the game then had to get replayed away from home. Pretty sure that was the second time you had done that. But back to the point, the stenny game was done and dusted at the time, where the game against us was in the balance and you brought on an extra player. I can't recall this really happening at all before and it didn't even seem to be newsworthy after the game. 

Pretty sure it was the first.

Pretty sure when we done it we were 2-0 , Mcgregor had been sent off not long before and no one noticed, the reason it wasn't newsworthy was because it was a genuine mistake by the officials I think, The Dunfermline bench had tried to get the linesman to stop the game but it didn't happen and he allowed the corner to happen.

It's a good job we had Joe Cardle on to defend that corner though.

http://www.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Dunfermline_2_Raith_Rovers_2&ID=5973

17 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Pretty sure it was the first.

Pretty sure when we done it we were 2-0 , Mcgregor had been sent off not long before and no one noticed, the reason it wasn't newsworthy was because it was a genuine mistake by the officials I think, The Dunfermline bench had tried to get the linesman to stop the game but it didn't happen and he allowed the corner to happen.

It's a good job we had Joe Cardle on to defend that corner though.

http://www.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Dunfermline_2_Raith_Rovers_2&ID=5973

Genuine mistakes are not deemed newsworthy, got you. 

No mistake from the pars bench though, just the officials. 

Hoping Herron is back for this one as he was superb against St.Mirren in his one and only game. Only issue is he hasn't played since the first 5 minutes of the following game against Ayr when he got injured. Clark back scoring following injury and Cardle likewise I think we could cause problems. However, our defence is extremely vulnerable and some of the goals we've conceded recently are inexcusable.

A nail-biting, new pants please 2-1 home win.

Rovers fans, any idea how many tickets you guys have sold? 

6 minutes ago, JFPar said:

Hoping Herron is back for this one as he was superb against St.Mirren in his one and only game. Only issue is he hasn't played since the first 5 minutes of the following game against Ayr when he got injured. Clark back scoring following injury and Cardle likewise I think we could cause problems. However, our defence is extremely vulnerable and some of the goals we've conceded recently are inexcusable.

Me personally, none.

12 minutes ago, JFPar said:

Nope! I do know that with the ticket office not being open in the evening a few a struggling to sort tickets out. I would imagine the whole 'getting tickets is a hassle' vibe people naturally feel due to the stupidity that is Fife Police will knock a few hundred off (unless it is advertised well you can easily get tickets pre-kick off?). I would hope we would get around 2000 - we only get about 1800max at home for a normal league game so taking over 100% of the home gate would be a decent effort! What kind of home crowd will turn out do you think? 

As for the game we are rightly favourites but derbies really are a leveler. We also will miss Barr and have a tendency to shite ourselves at EEP. I think those Pars fans that think we will walk it are well off the mark. A narrow win either way is most likely. 

On another note, I was hearing the Elizabethan is trying to market itself as a food place - bullshit or true? and has lost some of its football pub charm? Regardless of their desires I would anticipate it will be rammed on Saturday with most folk going for a liquid lunch.

1 hour ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Nope! I do know that with the ticket office not being open in the evening a few a struggling to sort tickets out. I would imagine the whole 'getting tickets is a hassle' vibe people naturally feel due to the stupidity that is Fife Police will knock a few hundred off (unless it is advertised well you can easily get tickets pre-kick off?). I would hope we would get around 2000 - we only get about 1800max at home for a normal league game so taking over 100% of the home gate would be a decent effort! What kind of home crowd will turn out do you think?

I don't get why people think like that, "getting tickets is a hassle" if you can't get along when the office is open, order them online at your convenience & get them delivered or if you're in a supporters club get tickets through them, easy! The only minor hassle is them trying to enforce allocated seating which we all know won't happen on the day anyway.

Archived