Queen's Park v Stenhousemuir

Yeah, this is a the very definition of a six-pointer, but Stenhousemuir are in far greater need of a win than Queen's Park. Lose here and we really are cut adrift at the bottom of the table.

It's a case of a team who can't score going up against the most generous defence in the division. The last eight goals we lost were all entirely preventable and if we can cut out the silly errors we have a decent chance, but how many times have we said that this season? We don't seem to be all that good at creating chances and we've made just a handful of opportunities to score against Stranraer and Brechin City.

Not sure who's available but I'd probably keep the same starting XI that played against Brechin, only with Alan Cook coming in for the suspended Wilis Alves Furtado.

I think given what's at stake should be enough to spur the team on to a win. Anything else isn't really good enough, even at this stage.

1 hour ago, Ancient Warrior said:

McCormack is suspended as well. According to the Falkirk Herald we are supposed to be signing an experienced player.

Providing David Marsh has overcome his illness, I reckon we'll be going with Summers-Marsh-Kerr-Meechan across the back four. I think Ross Meechan's a better right-back than Jamie McCormack.

Who could this experienced player be?

6 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Providing David Marsh has overcome his illness, I reckon we'll be going with Summers-Marsh-Kerr-Meechan across the back four. I think Ross Meechan's a better right-back than Jamie McCormack.

Who could this experienced player be?

Totally agree - we lose too many goals in the right back part of the field.

Hopefully the new player has a bit of pace and strength.

Don't know if Cook will be back this week or not. I think he was carrying ankle and thigh/hip injury which may have been niggling for a good few weeks. Meechan for McCormack is not an issue. How many will McCabe gift/get caught out for is the issue.

Hopefully if we are getting beat the substitutes will be brought on when they may make an impact not like last week with only minutes to go.

You don't suffer fools gladly, do you, Moonie! I'm sure you'll be pleased to hear well-travelled goalkeeper David Crawford joined the club earlier in the week and by all accounts he did very well today.

I'm looking forward to reading the comments from those who were there. That was a very important win and brings us right behind the teams above us.

Some ancient civilisation probably has a word or proverb that could sum up just how fucking shite that was. I do not possess such a thing. Credit to Stenny, they still had to do something right to win 3-0 but that was fucking abominable.

Something going badly wrong. OK we still don't look like coming close to scoring a goal, but now our passing has left us, the defence is flat-footed, and if we're not lumping a hopeful ball up the park our build up play is slow and we're getting caught in possession.
We've shown over a few games at the start that we can compete so hopefully it's a confidence thing, but think we need to try something else.

Good effort from Stennie, looked more up for it. Liked the wee number 6!

15 minutes ago, an86 said:

Some ancient civilisation probably has a word or proverb that could sum up just how fucking shite that was. I do not possess such a thing. Credit to Stenny, they still had to do something right to win 3-0 but that was fucking abominable.

Nope, nothing in that post comes anywhere close to describing the utter horror of that Queen's display. I am bereft of words, speechless, stunned, aghast, dumbfounded and my flabber has never been so gasted. One wag in the stand suggested that Euan MacPherson should have been named Queen's man of the match on the grounds that as he didn't get off the bench he didn't do anything wrong.

Very poor first half and an absolute shocker of a second half.

4 minutes ago, Spidersmad said:

Nope, nothing in that post comes anywhere close to describing the utter horror of that Queen's display. I am bereft of words, speechless, stunned, aghast, dumbfounded and my flabber has never been so gasted. One wag in the stand suggested that Euan MacPherson should have been named Queen's man of the match on the grounds that as he didn't get off the bench he didn't do anything wrong.

Very poor first half and an absolute shocker of a second half.

Wullie Muir was the only one to emerge with any sort of credit. 3-0 flattered us.

Agree about Wullie. He saved us from an even heavier defeat. Easily Queen's man of the match but for some weird reason the award went elsewhere. Velvet Donkey has touched on some of the specifics of the performance. I get a headache when I try to analyse it. That was an absolute shocker and we've got to get back to our early season form if we've to salvage anything from this season.

Happy that the signing was David Crawford - reasonable keeper with a lot of experience.  Hopefully he will help with organising the defence.

Great result for us which will hopefully set us up for a decent second quarter.  By the sound of things Queens would appear to have issues so hopefully we can capitalise of them.  Surprised and pleased that Cook was back today I thought he was going to be out for a few weeks so that was another bonus..

Absolute shocker of a performance. The usually reliable defence now look completely lost. We need Gibson back in the team. We look solid whenever he plays. Think we miss Sean Burns aswell. Big fan of Mcleish however he leaves us exposed at lot and that his crossing isn't as good. Would put Miller on the bench next week and play someone like Brady cause he hasn't been on his game since he came back from suspension. Really need try and find a striker from somewhere cause we are absolutely toothless up front.

Agree Muir was probably our best but not that difficult amongst a team that seemed devoid of any ideas/skill or plan. Same team(apart from Muir) as the team that fought for everything at the beginning of the season and got results against the likes of Brechin and Livingston so what the hell has happened? Really hope its a confidence thing as that can be regained and not something that is going on behind the scenes that is leading to these poor performances. I was a baw-hair asking for my money back for my bus ticket to Stranraer next week and then I remembered ...... this is Q.P.

20 minutes ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

Agree Muir was probably our best but not that difficult amongst a team that seemed devoid of any ideas/skill or plan. Same team(apart from Muir) as the team that fought for everything at the beginning of the season and got results against the likes of Brechin and Livingston so what the hell has happened? Really hope its a confidence thing as that can be regained and not something that is going on behind the scenes that is leading to these poor performances. I was a baw-hair asking for my money back for my bus ticket to Stranraer next week and then I remembered ...... this is Q.P.

Two of the worst performances, probably even worse than today, of recent years were Shire (0-3) and Annan (1-3) at home last season. We followed them up with wins and ended up getting promoted, so things can always turn. Only a fortnight since we played pretty well against East Fife as well. There's absolutely no doubt that bad days at the office will be more severely punished when you go up a league. It won't be the last time we get a chasing this season, it's just the nature of being a team battling at this end. However, I also expect us to takes points where we're not expected to, just as we've already done.

2 minutes ago, an86 said:

Two of the worst performances, probably even worse than today, of recent years were Shire (0-3) and Annan (1-3) at home last season. We followed them up with wins and ended up getting promoted, so things can always turn. Only a fortnight since we played pretty well against East Fife as well. There's absolutely no doubt that bad days at the office will be more severely punished when you go up a league. It won't be the last time we get a chasing this season, it's just the nature of being a team battling at this end. However, I also expect us to takes points where we're not expected to, just as we've already done.

Thanks for settling my nerves - I feel better now - no shit !

Archived