Scott Brown International U-Turn

NewHope

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

This when he was getting rings run around him in a 7-0 thumping? Or when he was running around like a dog chasing its tail against Borussia M looking embarassingly out his depth?

The tragic thing is he will probably improve our side, which says it all about where we are just now.

Fair point. I was trying to say that he "can" be good enough at this level. He also will be an improvement on Fletcher who has been utterly non existent for a while for us. 

Broon may have wanted to test the waters of reaction, a tactical leak, if you like.

On a Friday as well, where it will receive one day's coverage at most. Definitely tactical.

I'm chuffed by the news. Not excited enough for a full erection but definitely on the way to a semi when I read it earlier.

Snodgrass was a really big blow, despite not really doing it in they last two games, and as has been pointed out, Darren Fletcher is just not the same player since his illness. We need a 'big' player in there.

Reckon this is down to three things:

1. He knows Celtic will pish the league and have it won by Xmas.

2. He knows Celtic are likely to be out of Europe by Xmas. Taken together with 1, so he feels he'll have plenty left in the tank.

3. He's a selfish c**t, retired at 50 caps and now wants the glory of leading them out at Wembley.

3 hours ago, forameus said:

But, again, not really relevant to what I was asking.  

To make it a wee bit clearer, before you go off on another rant, Strachan is completely outside of what I was asking.  In fact, I said specifically that the guy I quoted was the manager now.  I was curious as to who he would select if he was to get rid of every "failure".  Whatever you think of Strachan doesn't come anywhere into that.  If you really want to get involved though, maybe you can answer the same question.  Have some fun.

Let's. 

Strachan is anything but 'outside' of this, given that it's essentially 'his' players whom one would have to drop, in order to replace them in the team. I'll credit you with the intelligence to consider that a simple theory of one player being better than another, on an internet forum is incredibly pointless, as not only would it be a worthless opinion, it would also be open to unfair and irrelevant criticism. 

To suggest even a handful of players whom i would immediately elevate into the starting team, would doubtless be dissected and wrongly judged against fitting into a 'system'.....all subjective, given that the only system which matters, is the current failing system from the current failing manager. Strachan, in his defence, pulled 95% of this squad together and they initially did well for him.....but that was then, and things are different now.

Those players, some of them anyway, have hardly treated playing for the country like the biggest deal in their careers, which it is, especially when they are so poor and limited. None of them are of the quality required for Champions League standard, so will likely achieve the odd Cup win or final (with Wigan, Palace, Hull etc) as their zenith at club level. Some of them should be binned for repeat poor performance, others retained because they haven't been motivated correctly, but with a big toe firmly jamming their bumhole in lieu of a warning. 

You're right that we've had the false idol complex all wrong before....both Fletchers have been.a waste of a shirt since their returns, Snodgrass was flatter than a witches tits in both recent matches, etc, and so proclaiming those not currently getting a game as 'the answer' is far too simplistic to ever be a realistic tool for changing fortunes. However.....

You know the player pool as well as i do. Motivation, organisation and balls go a long way in internationals, and they have been latently lacking in our performances this far....so i stick to my original answer. And, the half dozen or so changes, will remain my business for the time being. 

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

'Dude'

Stfu Shaggro. :lol:

^^^ Sexual predator ^^^ . I feel sorry for this 'Shaggro', that's twice you've mentioned him. I certainly hope he doesn't hole up drunk in your parent's street, he'll end up with a rectum like Gandolph's sleeve knowing you. 

8 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Announces his retirement from the international scene, then decides he can pick and chose what games he might be available for.

What a complete farce - no way Strachan should go along with this.

Who'll be next to come out of retirement?

Graeme Souness? 

The way things are at the moment id be delighted if colin hendry , drunken duncan and doog rougvie made themselves available .Intae them:lol:

What an embarrassing moment for Scottish football. A plastic hard man who runs about like a dug on ecstasy is now considered a key player. Darren Fletcher, James Morrison, James mccarthur, Kevin McDonald, Charlie adam are all playing at a higher level than him. Broonaldo represents everything that is wrong with Scottish football.

1 hour ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

Are any of them playing champions league football?

Is Broon? He doesn't know if he's going for a shite or the shopping against a remotely intelligent opponent. A genuine low point is approaching with his 'resurrection'. It's very hard to decipher who gains out of this.....it makes no odds to Celtic/Brenton, at least one of Strachan's 'newbies' will find himself benched, and going forward, if by some miracle there is still a WC to qualify for by the summer home England match, surely Celtic will face the games of similar magnitude (CL qualifiers/matches) which had to take precedence over Scotland this summer/autumn? 

Of course, none of this will be Strachan's fault. 

What an embarrassing moment for Scottish football. A plastic hard man who runs about like a dug on ecstasy is now considered a key player. Darren Fletcher, James Morrison, James mccarthur, Kevin McDonald, Charlie adam are all playing at a higher level than him. Broonaldo represents everything that is wrong with Scottish football.

The fact you're comparing Charlie Adam with Scott Brown is laughable as they are entirely different players.

Those players may technically playing at a higher level but they're not performing better than brown.

Your hatred of him is clearly clouding your judgment.

The people moaning about Brown coming back and getting picked ahead of Darren Fletcher are the same one who applauded Strachan after Gilbraltar. 

What a fucking embarrassment of a support. 

There red isn't a Scottish player playing better than Brown. Could always call up an up and coming superstar like Ryan Jack or Andy Halliday though. 

Archived