Alloa Vs Albion Rovers

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Craigy said:

Must admit dont understand the clamour to get Hynd and Layne back, would think that Donnelly and Longworth who arent getting much of a look at the moment would be ahead of them in terms of selection. Dont know how much game time Hynd has been getting at Montrose but would think that leaving him there he is likely to get more competative action whilst apparently Layne's attidude at Stirling has been honking with Albion supporters predicting we would be unlikely to see him again.

Personally at this point in the season cant see what either will bring to the squad to improve it, i would think getting another decent centre-half in the door would be a priority but JG obviously knows a lot more than me and must see it differently.

As for the debate for playing another striker must admit i would like to see Longworth getting a game playing off Spence, but as said above who do you leave out, Flanny Robertson and Goodwin are must picks if fit, Cawley and Kilpatrick tend to flirt in and out of games but enough to drop them, probably harsh, however if we were going to go with two up top surely the next two league games would be the ideal opportunity to try it out.

I think in terms of Layne's attitude afaiw he isn't really enjoying himself at Stirling (can you blame him? ;) ). I think that will probably effect his mindset and attitude - rightly or wrongly - and then that will show on the pitch.

4 minutes ago, sam2304 said:

Can any Alloa based people advise if the train from Queen Street goes direct to Alloa and roughly how long it takes. Scotrail App is very unhelpful

A few stops and it takes 50 minutes. However there might be buses replacing some weekend services, so better to check the website first.

A few stops and it takes 50 minutes. However there might be buses replacing some weekend services, so better to check the website first.

Thanks, I've just checked it and that is indeed the case. 2 buses and a train to get there from Queen Street. Plus the original train from Coatbridge to Queen Street [emoji854]

2 hours ago, Waspy said:

Jim is a big fan of Isaac.

There would be an irony here as Isaac was finished at Alloa under Lennon but got another shot under Ross. He burned his bridges with Ross and was probably finished with us had Jack stayed, but apparently there seems to be a possibility of another managerial change giving him a further chance. Personally I wouldn't be overly keen. I think Isaac is a very limited player and not in the same class as Spence or Longworth. The manner in which he (allegedly) threw his toys out of the pram earlier in the season was poor too IMO, he was kidding himself if he had thought he had done enough to earn a starting place and he should have knuckled down and waited for his chance. Very lucky boy if he gets another crack. I'd rather see Hynd get a shot if it came to a choice between the two. 

I have been out of the loop for a few weeks. Hoping to make it tomorrow and get a first glimpse of the Goodwin era. 

There would be an irony here as Isaac was finished at Alloa under Lennon but got another shot under Ross. He burned his bridges with Ross and was probably finished with us had Jack stayed, but apparently there seems to be a possibility of another managerial change giving him a further chance. Personally I wouldn't be overly keen. I think Isaac is a very limited player and not in the same class as Spence or Longworth. The manner in which he (allegedly) threw his toys out of the pram earlier in the season was poor too IMO, he was kidding himself if he had thought he had done enough to earn a starting place and he should have knuckled down and waited for his chance. Very lucky boy if he gets another crack. I'd rather see Hynd get a shot if it came to a choice between the two. 

I have been out of the loop for a few weeks. Hoping to make it tomorrow and get a first glimpse of the Goodwin era. 

Have I missed something here? I haven't heard anything about his toys out the pram. As far as I'd been lead to believe he had asked to go on a loan back to Brechin but JR told him he couldn't go out in this league but he'd allow him to go to league 2.

11 minutes ago, Wilkinson1998 said:

Have I missed something here? I haven't heard anything about his toys out the pram. As far as I'd been lead to believe he had asked to go on a loan back to Brechin but JR told him he couldn't go out in this league but he'd allow him to go to league 2.

He wasn't starting and asked to go out on loan rather than staying as part of the squad and waiting for his chance, despite the manager asking him to do so. It was only August. The team was flying too and he couldn't reasonably say he was showing enough form from the bench to displace any of the starters. I don't think it reflected well on Isaac. The fact that Ross said at the time of the move that he needed to ensure all the players at the club were totally committed suggested he wasn't impressed.  

He wasn't starting and asked to go out on loan rather than staying as part of the squad and waiting for his chance, despite the manager asking him to do so. It was only August. The team was flying too and he couldn't reasonably say he was showing enough form from the bench to displace any of the starters. I don't think it reflected well on Isaac. The fact that Ross said at the time of the move that he needed to ensure all the players at the club were totally committed suggested he wasn't impressed.  

I don't see a problem with him wanting to go out on loan for first team football. It certainly doesn't strike me as a toys out the pram incident anyway.

Have to say it looks like he did at the time. Didn't look up for it in his last appearance from the bench, and as Waspie said, I don't think he merited a start ahead of Spence at the time.

However, Isaac did do the business in games from the bench early in the season. At this moment in time I think Isaac would be more likely to make an impact from the bench than our two present existing options.

Longworth is short on confidence and needs game time. Donnelly when comes on dose not look like he knows what position or role he's meant to be playing.
Against Airdrie we huffed and puffed to no effect with midfield leaving Spence strand at times that why I feel tinkering with the formation for games where teams are sitting in and not pressing it is necessary to dig out spence and hopefully get goals and build both Donnelly and longworth confidence. Easy decision if flanny is not fit drop Martin and change up top. Can't say guy done anything wrong to be dropped other than tactical change

Does anyone know if the home stand is completely full of season book holders? I'm looking to take my niece today but she's a little bit too small to be standing.

Does anyone know if the home stand is completely full of season book holders? I'm looking to take my niece today but she's a little bit too small to be standing.

Don't think it is, best bet would be to get there early though as it always does look quite busy up there

23 minutes ago, Waspy said:

I go up with my old man sometimes, there is pretty much always room down near the far end. 

However, Isaac did do the business in games from the bench early in the season. At this moment in time I think Isaac would be more likely to make an impact from the bench than our two present existing options.

Yeah i think so too.

Having said that i dont think he had made much an impact at stirling from what i've red anyway.

Archived