Alloa Vs Albion Rovers

Not seen a thread for this so let's get it going! Looking forward to this game. Not seen many games at home for a wee while now so will be good to get back. The last meeting between the two sides would suggest a walk in the park for Alloa but that won't happen. Vital to bounce back from last weeks disappointment. Will also be good to see Darren back.

Parry; Taggs, Graham, Marr, Waters; Goody, Robbo, Kirkpatrick, Flannigan, Cawley; Spence

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've been playing well (last Saturday aside) so should give a better showing then we did in the reverse fixture.

For me; Stewart, Reid, Turnbull, Fisher, Dunlop, Dunlop, Ferry, Boyd (if fit) Wallace, McBride, Stewart

Also good to see Callum Ferguson is back training after injury. Would be good to see him back in first team contention.

Albion rovers win if the wasps do not start with two up top got to start with a four four two spence and either longworth /Donnelly . If graham out then Goodwin in at centre back homer with flanny or Cawley In the middle of the park.

Wasp1 see no recall for Isaac or Hynd once again well off the mark

Albion rovers win if the wasps do not start with two up top got to start with a four four two spence and either longworth /Donnelly . If graham out then Goodwin in at centre back homer with flanny or Cawley In the middle of the park.

One poor result and now we're going to get beat at home if we don't start two up top? Get a grip eh yerself.

Looking at the previous result would suggest an Alloa walkover but wasn't it still 0-0 after 70+ minutes last time?

Still think Alloa has what it takes though. 2-0 Spence double

It's not over reaction to one loss it been a constant view of mine in a lot of games this season spence needs e more support up top rather than players coming through the midfield.They they set up last time is to frustrate and hit us on brake for 70 minutes it was very effective and created us a number of problems. They are not going to change so I believe we need too. Funny how you dare to question anything at Alloa you get a barrage of criticism. All not rosy in our garden.

It's not over reaction to one loss it been a constant view of mine in a lot of games this season spence needs e more support up top rather than players coming through the midfield.They they set up last time is to frustrate and hit us on brake for 70 minutes it was very effective and created us a number of problems. They are not going to change so I believe we need too. Funny how you dare to question anything at Alloa you get a barrage of criticism. All not rosy in our garden.

We beat them 4-0 last time. It was a case of biding our time and taking our chances when they appeared which we did just fine.

"All not rosy in our garden" doesn't sit with me at all tbh. We've beaten Ross County, beaten ICT, gave Celtic something to think about, travelled down to Wales for what was really heading into the unknown for us and got an excellent result. In terms of the league we are currently 3rd but still have a very realistic shot at 1st place.

5 hours ago, Redwedge77 said:

JG was asked on Tues nite ref this and both will be back ASAP 

Not started with 2 up top all season so why would we start now?

As previously said its been a longtime since we played at home.

Good to welcome darren back to the recs, but lets hope we can get straight down to business not like the away game where it took us a game to get going.

Usual 11 other than flanny who i think will miss out, adam martin to be given another chance as he seems to have taken it with open arms on saturday.

8 hours ago, falkirkwasp said:

Usual 11 other than flanny who i think will miss out, adam martin to be given another chance as he seems to have taken it with open arms on saturday.

If Flannigans fit he'll be an absolute stick on to go straight back into the side

14 hours ago, Redwedge77 said:

I think the way we set out the team out is very effective. Of course there are times when it needs to be switched during the course of a game to perhaps stretch a defence a bit more. But overall we are certainly title contenders with an excellent group of players- I dont know what else we can really ask for this season.

Longworth needs a goal like nobodies business. But I wouldnt swap him for any of the midfielders right now.

19 hours ago, sam2304 said:

We've been playing well (last Saturday aside) so should give a better showing then we did in the reverse fixture.

For me; Stewart, Reid, Turnbull, Fisher, Dunlop, Dunlop, Ferry, Boyd (if fit) Wallace, McBride, Stewart

Also good to see Callum Ferguson is back training after injury. Would be good to see him back in first team contention.

Dont think we actually played too badly in that 4-0 game - 2 own goals and a deflection.... We've probably played worse and won this season. Saying that Alloa fully deserved the win but If we had scored with a great chance at 0-0.... Shame away days are so expensive these days. Can't be there to see the Rovers sneak a 1-0 away victory and Darren to show Alloa what they missed out on... 

1 hour ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Correct- both will be back shortly

Must admit dont understand the clamour to get Hynd and Layne back, would think that Donnelly and Longworth who arent getting much of a look at the moment would be ahead of them in terms of selection. Dont know how much game time Hynd has been getting at Montrose but would think that leaving him there he is likely to get more competative action whilst apparently Layne's attidude at Stirling has been honking with Albion supporters predicting we would be unlikely to see him again.

Personally at this point in the season cant see what either will bring to the squad to improve it, i would think getting another decent centre-half in the door would be a priority but JG obviously knows a lot more than me and must see it differently.

As for the debate for playing another striker must admit i would like to see Longworth getting a game playing off Spence, but as said above who do you leave out, Flanny Robertson and Goodwin are must picks if fit, Cawley and Kilpatrick tend to flirt in and out of games but enough to drop them, probably harsh, however if we were going to go with two up top surely the next two league games would be the ideal opportunity to try it out.

19 hours ago, Redwedge77 said:

13 hours ago, Wasps1 said:

JG was asked on Tues nite ref this and both will be back ASAP

3 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Correct- both will be back shortly

Oh I honestly hope so.

1 hour ago, Craigy said:

Dont know how much game time Hynd has been getting at Montrose but would think that leaving him there he is likely to get more competative action whilst apparently Layne's attidude at Stirling has been honking with Albion supporters predicting we would be unlikely to see him again.

Oh it's been honking alright. Granted, we're not very good......I get that, but Issac has been a big factor in this. He's not a team player, full stop. He just wants to get the ball and shoot for goal, regardless of the fact that other players are in a better position than he is. He's ball greedy and in general his finishing has been atrocious. More balls have flown over the terrace than anywhere remotely near the goal. Brechin fans spoke highly of him last season, but we've not seen the same player at Forthbank. He's one of the most frustrating players I have ever watched, and you can see the frustration his team mates have of him. He's like the kid in the play ground that wants to be the star and every time you give him the ball he dribbles around everyone and put it away, but ultimately you know some clogger is going to either, win the ball off him or boot him in the air. He's lucky that Blair Henderson is more of a haddy than he is as he's not being picked by ability or form, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

Oh I honestly hope so.

Oh it's been honking alright. Granted, we're not very good......I get that, but Issac has been a big factor in this. He's not a team player, full stop. He just wants to get the ball and shoot for goal, regardless of the fact that other players are in a better position than he is. He's ball greedy and in general his finishing has been atrocious. More balls have flown over the terrace than anywhere remotely near the goal. Brechin fans spoke highly of him last season, but we've not seen the same player at Forthbank. He's one of the most frustrating players I have ever watched, and you can see the frustration his team mates have of him. He's like the kid in the play ground that wants to be the star and every time you give him the ball he dribbles around everyone and put it away, but ultimately you know some clogger is going to either, win the ball off him or boot him in the air. He's lucky that Blair Henderson is more of a haddy than he is as he's not being picked by ability or form, that's for sure.

I think that's overly harsh, he's not scored the goals we hoped and his ordinariness has fitted seamlessly into an ordinary team. As BB said he is an improvement on Henderson though.

Archived