Alloa Vs Albion Rovers

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think going 2 up top is going to be the answer to teams coming to the Recs and just sitting in against us.

Having 3 in behind Spence is just as attacking and stretches teams as much as 2 up top would. Just some poor finishing and a bad final ball killing us at times the now. Don't ever feel like Spence is isolated in this formation at all either.. Cawley and Kirkpatrick are never far behind him and Flannigan always drops a bit deeper to get the ball and link up play.

I have no issues with player / manager felt we played ball around kept possession well. Both fullbacks getting forward. When playing one up top you need the midfielders to be in behind Greig for large parts of the game rovers appeared to isolate him and pick up on our second ball and any lose balls. Don't fell there was any failures would like to see Donnelly come on for last 20 minutes feel he may have gave us a bit different option when putting the high ball into the box as KC was struggling Too win these. Felt  Jason may have done better when he hit post and followed up keeper pulls off a great save stoping the whole ball from crossing  the line. 

Lets not forget Rovers beat livi with the same tactics and held out for 90 minutes until livi were awarded a penalty in added time. 

1 minute ago, Bold Rover said:

Is it just my iPad or has a section of this thread, posted today, disappeared?

11 minutes ago, Div said:

We've had some issues tonight, not entirely sure what the cause was but upshot was that I ended up rolling back to last nights backup so unfortunately posts made during the day today have been lost. Everything seems ok now, but I will monitor.

Sorry for the loss of posts. Shambles.

Archived