Bingo

Central

2 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

I love the bingo, excitement that fitba just doesn't give me anymore. When I get a sweat, my boaby tingles

is that a dabber in yer pocket or are you just pleased to see me, Heed? :lol:

Barry Fry has four corners.

Back in Birmingham, the bad luck lasted much longer. The club won no major trophies over the years. The stadium even got bombed and half burned to the ground in 1941.

The curse took hold so strongly some managers tried desperate measures to have it lifted. In the 1980s, Ron Saunders reportedly had crucifixes installed on the floodlights and on the soles of the players' boots.

Barry Fry said he was advised to urinate on all four corners of the pitch to lift the curse - so he did. He got sacked a few months later.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-37385725

I used to work in Gala Bingo, and it's all taken very seriously. One thing they definitely don't have any time for is the "Two fat ladies - 88", "Never been kissed - sweet 16" banter. If you're lucky, when the number 11 comes out, you'll get a couple of wolf whistles, but even that is frowned upon by the bingo fanatics - the most hardcore of whom can even play three books at a time. 

One summer, they organised a bus trip from Glasgow to Newcastle. The bus picked all the old biddies up at the bingo hall early in the morning. On the bus down, we held some games of "mini-bingo". The bus parked at the Metro Centre, and everyone toddled of into the Gala in Newcastle. They had their afternoon of bingo, then everyone hopped on the bus... more mini-bingo all the way up the road, then back into Glasgow just in time for the evening session. Of bingo. 

It's fair to say they all loved their bingo.

Used to go to the Prize Bingo in Gorgie (it's still there btw) early doors on a Saturday. We were always guaranteed to win daft prizes. We used to spend ages throwing mini darts at each other across the traffic :lol:

7 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

Barry Fry has four corners.

Back in Birmingham, the bad luck lasted much longer. The club won no major trophies over the years. The stadium even got bombed and half burned to the ground in 1941.

The curse took hold so strongly some managers tried desperate measures to have it lifted. In the 1980s, Ron Saunders reportedly had crucifixes installed on the floodlights and on the soles of the players' boots.

Barry Fry said he was advised to urinate on all four corners of the pitch to lift the curse - so he did. He got sacked a few months later.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-37385725

Never knew Grimbo worked for the Beeb,

In 2006, the curse officially ended. Birmingham got relegated and promoted straight back into the Premier League. They won their only major trophy, the League Cup, in 2011.
Mayo hopefulness rating: 2/10. Either bribe a priest or wait for the remaining 1951 team members to kick the bucket. Either way: Grim.

Archived