Phone Repair

Cracked my phone screen last night its that bad that i can't even use the touch screen now.  Anyone had similar experience on repairs have they went with the network operator/manufacturer or third party.  not covered by insurance thinking just network but thinking they'll be slightly dearer than repair shops as its still under warranty at least.  i know screen wont be covered though.  

10 minutes ago, paisleysaints said:

Cracked my phone screen last night its that bad that i can't even use the touch screen now.  Anyone had similar experience on repairs have they went with the network operator/manufacturer or third party.  not covered by insurance thinking just network but thinking they'll be slightly dearer than repair shops as its still under warranty at least.  i know screen wont be covered though.  

Depends on phone type - I was quoted £90 to repair my galaxy S4 a few weeks ago. Kept going for a couple weeks and got hold of a new HTC One A9 instead. So if anyone's looking for a cracked S4 I've got a spare;)

Third party shop have quoted £100 network are saying they don't know so im just going on that'll be more that 100 quid then

Shop around. Last phone I had I was getting quotes of £100+ to get a screen replaced but found a wee hardware shop that done it for £55. The price will depend on the phone as some replacement screens come complete with the digitalizer so will be more costly.

Archived