John Souttar

gonzohiggy

3 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Even5-10% is extremely harsh,  he's basically blameless there.  He could have defended ddifferently maybe assume his, partner is going to do something stupid and get turned ad drop off early so you ccan't play it in behind though that is the opposite of how you'dbe taught and opens eeverything up for others to make runs in behind from wide.  He did what you'deexpect him to do reasonably well but had basically no chance centreiIfthe aattacker played his cards right which he did . 

You'd expect him not to be two yards further back than the rest of the defence. or to step up to play Swanson offside. TBH.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would appreciate it if you'd stop going to games against Hearts then...[emoji52]

Nah you're alright. I'm fairly sure it was him who gave away a penalty in last seasons 2-2 draw aswell.

16 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

And the other 10-35% goes......?

The first centre half who got absolutely skinned by the player who played the through ball leaving souttar exposed? Not sure what souttar can do there, he was never close enough to tackle. 

On Friday, November 11, 2016 at 07:54, RandomGuy. said:

Nah you're alright. I'm fairly sure it was him who gave away a penalty in last seasons 2-2 draw aswell.

We could all drag up videos of our young players when they have played poorly. Clearly souttar has made some mistakes against you in the past but that doesn't mean he isn't decent now or that he will get better with experience. Put up some early videos of guys who went on to have good international careers Hutton, Gordon, Caldwell etc and sure you would find some shockers in there too. The OP was that he had potential, not that he was perfect. 

On 11/11/2016 at 03:57, Peppino Impastato said:

Even5-10% is extremely harsh,  he's basically blameless there.  He could have defended ddifferently maybe assume his, partner is going to do something stupid and get turned ad drop off early so you ccan't play it in behind though that is the opposite of how you'dbe taught and opens eeverything up for others to make runs in behind from wide.  He did what you'deexpect him to do reasonably well but had basically no chance centreiIfthe aattacker played his cards right which he did . 

John terry has a lot of spare time on his hands these days. Awryt shagger how's it going 

We could all drag up videos of our young players when they have played poorly. Clearly souttar has made some mistakes against you in the past but that doesn't mean he isn't decent now or that he will get better with experience. Put up some early videos of guys who went on to have good international careers Hutton, Gordon, Caldwell etc and sure you would find some shockers in there too. The OP was that he had potential, not that he was perfect. 

I'm making the point that every single time I see him, including a game last week, he hands us, at least, one clear chance of scoring.

That's why I call him shite.

3 hours ago, gonzohiggy said:

The first centre half who got absolutely skinned by the player who played the through ball leaving souttar exposed? Not sure what souttar can do there, he was never close enough to tackle. 

That's not really how 100% works though.

3 hours ago, gonzohiggy said:

Sure it is. Souttar was 5-10% responsible and the other defender was 90-95% responsible. 

For the incident Pepps gave him 60-80% for what he did well and 5-10% for what he did poorly, that leaves a shortfall of between 10-35% for Souttar's involvement.

21 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm making the point that every single time I see him, including a game last week, he hands us, at least, one clear chance of scoring.

That's why I call him shite.

I don't know how to download videos but if I could I would post the one where he controlled a high ball and totally Cruyfed a Celtic player ( i think ) in one movement.  The guy has a natural talent which I hope will never be coached out of him . 

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I don't know how to download videos but if I could I would post the one where he controlled a high ball and totally Cruyfed a Celtic player ( i think ) in one movement.  The guy has a natural talent which I hope will never be coached out of him . 

I don't see how that makes him a good defender.

Archived