Should Hartley be sacked?

Should Hartley be sacked?  

126 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

It's still so early on in the season and I believe he should have more time, but he has to address it now while we still have a chance.

I get what you're saying RawB and this is the way I was feeling, but the counter-argument is that we persist, don't improve and get rid at a time when we have even less or no chance at all. If we were playing well but just not scoring then more folk would be open to giving it time and hopefully riding it out, but there's literally nothing to suggest that we're looking at any form of improvement. The players didn't look like they had a clue what to do and neither did he.

I get that Hughes is the best of the obvious out of work candidates despite the ridiculous way he conducted himself towards the end of his time at ICT, and you can at least rely on him to instil some confidence in the squad which makes him preferable to persisting with Hartley, but is he really the type of manager you want to take over during a relegation battle?

In your position surely someone who has no problem with doing nothing but shitfesting is preferable to a manager who will insist on implementing his 'filosofy' and have crap defenders playing 18 passes then losing possession rather than hoofing it up the park at the first opportunity they get, which they'd end up doing after the 25th square ball anyway in the event they didn't lose it. His record in the transfer market isn't great either when you desperately need to add some quality in January.

I don't think that managers can get to this stage with the support and turn it round. It's past a bad run - it's impacting the team. There are times where luck is bad and things go wrong but tonight evolved into disorganised chaos and it's pretty hard to see the next steps forward.

Don't like sacking managers but if we don't see anything by the international break, I don't think he can continue in his post.

I'd give him 2 more games as I think he deserves that. On one side he lost his best 3 players, arguably, and was unable to replace them which may or may not be his fault. On the other, we were not that great when those 3 were around and kinda flirted with exactly what's happening now on more than one occasion.

I'm disappointed it's came to this as I thought Hartley was the man to help us kick on but it's increasingly looking like he's flattered to deceive/been lucky in the past.

Still, we can just about afford to give him the next 2 games knowing that if he doesn't start a turnaround we can part ways knowing it's for the best.

I'd hope the BoD are already preparing their next move.

Think he's still safe for a while.      Bit of a MSM darling who'll line up to give your board pelters if he gets the bullet.     "They sell his best players and expect him to compete" sort of thing.

For what it's worth though I voted to sack him.      That team last night was as bad as I've seen in this league and whilst there are obvious reasons for being a bit light up front the manager should be at least trying to use tactics and formation to compensate.      Dundee look a team without leadership or direction.

Thing is he has changed tactics, we stuck with one up for ages without the players to play that system, he moved to three at the back against Celtic because that worked last season, the performance was ok but the only target in that game was not to get pumped by 5 or 6. Now he's changed so called permanently they have to try to win games and they have no idea how to score a goal. One goal from open play in ten games. Has to go.

As far as player selection gies arecthe players brought in recently as good as we can attract and afford? If so we are in real trouble. Tactically our full backs are easy to pin down so we cant get forward in wide positions have no midfield playmaker and not one goal scorer worth a damn.

Dundee fans have had a plethora of horrific predictions on here over the years.  Some nearly as bad as Lord Sugar predicting the iPod would fail.

35 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Dundee fans have had a plethora of horrific predictions on here over the years.  Some nearly as bad as Lord Sugar predicting the iPod would fail.

There's still time for Kevin McDonald to have a better career than James McCarthy, IMO.

4 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

There's still time for Kevin McDonald to have a better career than James McCarthy, IMO.

And for Luka Tankulic to outscore Billy McKay in 2014/15.

Archived