Albion Rovers vs Queen of the South; Scottish Cup 3rd Round; 26th November

RUSTY1111

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Vodka Vic said:

The equivalent of the salesman of sugar coated laxatives ^^^^^^.

Let's get this right a stadium which was built for you courtesy of the Council tax payers of North Lanarkshire which you welched out of paying rent . A stadium so bloody brilliant (and playing second fiddle to Cumbernauld Colts) you can get out of fast enough.

It's a jealousy issue VV. These smaller clubs that've been stuck in the basement for years look up to teams in League One, longing for their shot on the big time. I can't imagine having to visit such a desolate stadium again. Can you imagine it? Queen's Park Football Club, one of the most historic footballing institutions in the country, being expected to play in such an environment? Broken seats, a cheap imitation synthetic pitch, a sports centre behind the goals. All very unseemly. It's just as well we're unlikely to face them in the league again. 

3 hours ago, an86 said:
It's a jealousy issue VV. These smaller clubs that've been stuck in the basement for years look up to teams in League One, longing for their shot on the big time. I can't imagine having to visit such a desolate stadium again. Can you imagine it? Queen's Park Football Club, one of the most historic footballing institutions in the country, being expected to play in such an environment? Broken seats, a cheap imitation synthetic pitch, a sports centre behind the goals. All very unseemly. It's just as well we're unlikely to face them in the league again. 

Queens Park, the team that took their supporters to Airdrie for home games so that they could make a few bob from British tax payers.

7 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Queens Park, the team that took their supporters to Airdrie for home games so that they could make a few Bob from British tax payers.

Clyde, the team that took their supporters to Hamilton, Maryhill and Cumbernauld in a long, fruitless journey for relevance. I don't take much notice of the wee leagues these days. Are the likes of Shire and Berwick still kicking about? 

The equivalent of the salesman of sugar coated laxatives ^^^^^^.

Let's get this right a stadium which was built for you courtesy of the Council tax payers of North Lanarkshire which you welched out of paying rent . A stadium so bloody brilliant (and playing second fiddle to Cumbernauld Colts) you can get out of fast enough.

How much public money was spent on Hampden? Millions to redevelop it and more for the commonwealth games. The only legacy of which, is Queens Park continuing to live like parasites on the backs of Scottish football.

17 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

How much public money was spent on Hampden? Millions to redevelop it and more for the commonwealth games. The only legacy of which, is Queens Park continuing to live like parasites on the backs of Scottish football.

So seething that you're frothing at the mouth to a Rovers fan about Queen's Park. What a state to get yourself into.

I didn't realise that if I quoted someone, it meant it was directed at them.
Sorry.

Facts remains, Queens Park are parasites.
Albion Rovers should get their ground in a condition that it can accommodate all cup and league games safely.

Archived