Survivor Series 2016

JamieStevenson

November 20th 2016. Get Survivor Series penciled into your diary folks. Hopefully this event will not suffer from a weekend of wrestling. NXT Takeover: Toronto is shaping up to be pretty tasty and I'm sure many of you, like myself will be attending ICW beforehand too. This is also the 30th edition of Survivor Series. THIS WILL BE A 4 HOUR PPV.

WWE are continuing the theme in recent years of bringing back ancient stars for this event. Sting, Undertaker and now GOLDBERG. Also, the event itself has been poor for a long time, will the SmackDown vs Raw matchups spark some life back into Survivor Series? Or is there a brand at risk of being exposed as weak and lacking in depth as a result of this? Seen a few mentions on forums that they should have the winning brand potentially poach a star or two from the opposing one which is interesting, unlikely to happen though.

I'm not sure how this will play out, seen some sites thinking there will not be title matches on this card but I'm going to include some on my list anyway.

The main event is a WrestleMania XX rematch between Goldberg and Brock Lesnar. I'm not going to tell you to watch the original, that's up to you but here's the great original package.

Both men are the featured attraction of the video game WWE 2K17. Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman have been taunting Bill to come back and let Lesnar tear him apart. Promos are being fired back and forth with Goldberg accepting the challenge, believing he has one more ass kicking left in him. Proclaiming to Brock Lesnar "YOU'RE LAST".

For the traditional tag team matches, each brand had different approaches to picking their team, SmackDown for the most part had qualifiers whereas Raw decided to pick their best superstars outright. One last minute change is Baron Corbin being pulled from the men's 5 on 5 as he was put out of commission by a returning Kalisto. Daniel Bryan then had to decided who could possibly take his place, he decided to give the spot to the Commissioner Shane McMahon. James Ellsworth was also named team mascot.

Here is a little taste of what's to come on Sunday:

Dolph Ziggler has issued an open challenge to Raw for a superstar to compete for the Intercontinental Championship. Sami Zayn is the one that will face Ziggler. Zayn defeated Rusev on Raw for this position, he'll be looking to take the IC title back over to Raw. THE MIZ DEFEATED DOLPH ZIGGLER TO WIN BACK HIS INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP AND WILL NOW TAKE ON SAMI ZAYN.

Mick Foley has returned the favour and put the Cruiserweight Championship on the line. Brian Kendrick will have to defend against SmackDown's Kalisto (who just beat down Corbin). If Kalisto were to win, he'd bring not only the Cruiserweight Championship over to SmackDown, but the entire division too!

Here is the official theme for Survivor Series:

Confirmed Matches:

Kane vs Luke Harper. (Kickoff Match)

T.J. Perkins, Rich Swann & Noam Dar vs Tony Nese, Drew Gulak & Ariya Daivari. (Kickoff Match)

Team Raw (The New Day, Enzo Amore, Big Cass, Luke Gallows, Karl Anderson, Cesaro, Sheamus & The Shining Stars) vs Team SmackDown (Heath Slater & Rhyno, The Hype Bros, The Usos, American Alpha & Breezango) in a Traditional Survivor Series 10-on-10 Elimination tag team match. 5 tag teams per brand for this one folks.

Brian Kendrick (C) vs Kalisto for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship. If Kalisto wins, the Cruiserweight Division will move to SmackDown.

Team Raw (Charlotte Flair, Bayley, Nia Jax, Alicia Fox & Sasha Banks) vs Team SmackDown (Nikki Bella, Becky Lynch, Alexa Bliss, Carmella & Naomi) in a Traditional Survivor Series Women's Elimination tag team match.

The Miz (C) vs Sami Zayn for the WWE Intercontinental Championship.

Team Raw (Kevin Owens, Chris Jericho, Roman Reigns, Braun Strowman & Seth Rollins vs Team SmackDown (AJ Styles, Dean Ambrose, Randy Orton, Bray Wyatt & Shane McMahon) in a Traditional Survivor Series Elimination tag team match.

Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar.

Possible Matches:

20161026_SurvivorSeries_rawandsdteam--0f358d3c7442146c9b18fe852ca1bd7a.jpg20161108_Match_SurvivorSeries_SD_TagMatch--c990a284eb34ada7f79cea0a2d168110.jpg20161108_Match_SurvivorSeries_KendrickKalisto--447966199a59ca705651d17b3f7757f5.jpg20161101_Match_SurvivorSeries_SD_Women_3--75e0b2a2a0f8674d604deeb8c11dab95.jpg20161115_Match_SurvivorSeries_MizZayn--3fb0290d3ab0dd57c5a689f121490d85.jpg20161108_Match_SurvivorSeries_SD_5on5_2--9194a13e3adc92545a11e17f83797aca.jpg20161026_Match_SurvivorSeries_GoldBergBrock_2K--77ab1cb06956f526f26eb7826b72ca4a.jpg

Official Poster: 

l7OsbVsM2C91Ct5813AGyGZVJbLOgbpyIhVCv5I0JQs.jpg

Matches and other information will be added once available.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait; in the OP it says there will be a 10 on 10 Survivor Series match between Raw and Smackdown;

On 26/10/2016 at 01:23, JamieStevenson said:

Confirmed Matches:

Team Raw (The New Day & TBD X4) vs Team SmackDown (Heath Slater & Rhyno, The Hype Bros & TBD X3) in a Traditional Survivor Series 10-on-10 Elimination tag team match.

Is it just me or do the sums not add up? New Day plus 4 is 7. Slater, Rhyno and Hype Bros plus 3 is also 7.

Anyway, Reigns, Strowman, Jericho and Owens look like they'll be on Team Raw. Does this mean Owens will not be defending the title, or will be be defending it AND working the match? You'd imagine he'll be facing Rollins for the belt.

Team Smackdown will have to match the star power of that Raw team. In which case we'll instead get Bray, Orton and Kane.

21 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Wait; in the OP it says there will be a 10 on 10 Survivor Series match between Raw and Smackdown;

Is it just me or do the sums not add up? New Day plus 4 is 7. Slater, Rhyno and Hype Bros plus 3 is also 7.

Anyway, Reigns, Strowman, Jericho and Owens look like they'll be on Team Raw. Does this mean Owens will not be defending the title, or will be be defending it AND working the match? You'd imagine he'll be facing Rollins for the belt.

Team Smackdown will have to match the star power of that Raw team. In which case we'll instead get Bray, Orton and Kane.

New Day will probably be the usual 2, not 3.  Freebirding.  Unless they do some angle where one of the tag teams gets halved and all 3 New Day get involved.  Tag team one is going to be an absolute mess.

I didn't think we'd see title matches on Survivor Series, but now it's a four hour show they surely have to.  The rosters are so thin though that once you involve 15 guys from each show, plus the 10 women, you're really struggling for anything else.  Neither women's belt will probably be defended, and looks unlikely that the Universal title at least will be.  Hard to see the WWe title being possible given Smackdown has even less scope.  If Reigns is involved, no US title match, leaving only the Intercontinental title.  But then Ziggler should probably be in the 5 too.

Team in-fighting is always a factor in these matches, but how are they going to work it with pretty much everyone involved having some kind of issue?  For Smackdown, you have to assume it'll be 5 from Wyatt, Styles, Ambrose, Orton, Kane, Ziggler and Cena (although not sure when the latter's due to come back).  Wyatt/Orton/Kane are involved in a feud, along with Styles and Ambrose (and Cena).  On the RAW side it's Jericho and Owens against Reigns, and could well be Rollins too.  It could make an interesting story but no doubt it'll be overbooked with Strowman just standing in the middle while everyone else fights.  

At the moment it's looking like three matches with pretty much everyone on the roster involved, then Lesnar/Goldberg and a million Cruiserweight matches.

It's just you.

New Day (2 of them anyway) plus four other teams would make 10.

Same for smackdown (Hype Bros, Champs plus 3 other teams).

51 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

It's just you.

New Day (2 of them anyway) plus four other teams would make 10.

Same for smackdown (Hype Bros, Champs plus 3 other teams).

Ah, indeed. I was reading it as four other people, not four other teams.

There's no reason the elimination matches can't go half an hour each....but Lesnar vs Goldberg will surely be short and sweet and given there's not much else planned that still leaves loads of time, no idea what they'll do.

Matches that fill up the rest of the card you'd imagine will be Raw matches as SmackDown won't have many left once they put their teams together :lol:. What's the deal with Noam Dar btw? Is he going to make his debut in Glasgow do we reckon, I'd like to see him get a look in here even if it is in another one of these daft Cruiserweight tag matches.

Some of the guys like Metalik and Tozawa are finishing up commitments in Mexico, Dragon Gate etc...so best case scenario is they are looking to program him with someone who's not on hand full time yet...Worst case is they don't have anything for him. Think he's been working some NXT house shows in the meantime.

SmackDown have provided us with almost everybody for the SS tag matches. Just waiting on one more tag team that will be decided next week in a qualifier. Which has to surely be Breezango vs The Ascension. 

We also have Dolph Ziggler issuing an IC title open challenge to any Raw superstar.

Also I find Corbin's pose in the graphics amusing.

13 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

Matches that fill up the rest of the card you'd imagine will be Raw matches as SmackDown won't have many left once they put their teams together :lol:. What's the deal with Noam Dar btw? Is he going to make his debut in Glasgow do we reckon, I'd like to see him get a look in here even if it is in another one of these daft Cruiserweight tag matches.

Shirley he should make some kind of appearance in Glasgow on Monday.  They'd be absolutely mental not to.  He's better off in NXT long-term, but having him come in to face Brian Kendrick in some kind of open challenge would be a no-brainer.  Just like they did with Sami Zayn in Canada.  

Archived