Scottish senior cup draw

patriot1

6 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

I suspect you'll be talking to the polis on what's a safe number. This one's almost worth making the trek to deepest, darkest Ayrshire. Should be a cracking day for the club. 

Realistically Morton are a huge step up for us and are a full time club who have went to Kilmarnock and Hamilton this season and defeated both and ended up in the league cup semi final against Aberdeen on Saturday at Hampden but you just never know with home advantage . 

Will be a great occasion and experience for us regardless and probably the toughest draw we could have got . 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Troon Portland said:

That's a fantastic draw for Beith, good luck to them.

If we don't have a game that weekend, I'll certainly be heading up to support the Juniors!

If Morton treat them the way Ayr treated Lochee it'll be game on and VT & co will be watching through their fingers.

I was going to advise that Morton should turn up in derby mode but given they've not won a worthwhile one this century, perhaps not.

5 hours ago, patriot1 said:

I suspect you'll be talking to the polis on what's a safe number. This one's almost worth making the trek to deepest, darkest Ayrshire. Should be a cracking day for the club. 

Beith holds 1600 tops. For me it could handle 2500 but that may be health and safety shot to bits.  As for deepest darkest Ayrshire I'd hardly put beith in that bracket haha. The towns near enough Renfrewshire it just scrapes into Ayrshire 

21 minutes ago, BumbleBeeBlastie said:

Beith holds 1600 tops. For me it could handle 2500 but that may be health and safety shot to bits.  As for deepest darkest Ayrshire I'd hardly put beith in that bracket haha. The towns near enough Renfrewshire it just scrapes into Ayrshire 

That's as near deepest darkest as it gets.

56 minutes ago, BumbleBeeBlastie said:

I bow to your superior west coast geographical knowedge. I've only been to Beith once. Two trains, drenched both before and during the game and we got cuffed 5-1 in the last 16 of the Scottish. I've tried to wipe most of the day from my memory.

8 hours ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

I'm going for between 2,000 and 2,500. 

We played airdrie and there was about 1,700 and there was further space for me for between roughly 300 and 800 more fans. 

Morton are making noises of bringing about 600 to bellsdale . 

I wouldn't pay to much attention to how many morton claim they can take. 

2 hours ago, BumbleBeeBlastie said:

There was 1,700 at bellsdale against Kilwinning Rangers in the Scottish cup semi final including comps and there were still a right good few gaps, even with health and safety gone mad I still reckon about the 2,500 mark , remember seeing teams in the past like Spartans hosting games and fans were stood on grass bankings like sardines so would hope we get the same allowance . 

1 minute ago, Randy Giles said:

How much of a big game will they see us as? I'd imagine the semi final would be a much much bigger game.

For beith it's probably the biggest non junior game in our history against one of the form teams in the Scottish senior game , for Morton it's just another game I would imagine against a junior team that they will feel that they will win against and very comfortably .

20 hours ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

WOW what a draw for us and the SCOTTISH league cup semi finalists at home in Morton . 

Place is going to be heaving . 

Beith have a great chance in this tie! Morton won't find it easy.Hope the Mighty can cause a major upset,& progress to the next round! Would be a feather in the cap of the Juniors! 

Archived