Ticket allocation for league cup final

Scotswarrior73

1 hour ago, Scotswarrior73 said:

I see there's a 50/50 split, what complete nonsense that is Aberdeen take 11000 too the semi and are no getting double that, we will see all the glory hunters from Aberdeen coming out off the woodwork and the Celtic supporters who have been too every game will miss out due these glory hunters, what is wrong with the sfa and the ticket allocation, get it sorted as Aberdeen don't deserve too have that amount off tickets, Aberdeen fans can complain all they want they have too realise when they take 11000 fans too a semi they don't deserve anymore than that

I see there's a 50/50 split, what complete nonsense that is Aberdeen take 11000 too the semi and are no getting double that, we will see all the glory hunters from Aberdeen coming out off the woodwork and the Celtic supporters who have been too every game will miss out due these glory hunters, what is wrong with the sfa and the ticket allocation, get it sorted as Aberdeen don't deserve too have that amount off tickets, Aberdeen fans can complain all they want they have too realise when they take 11000 fans too a semi they don't deserve anymore than that

de851551de62076d3e97e028308a7dc5.gif

The op doesn't quite grasp cup football does he?

It would be some final if a team gets advantages over the opponent. Shall we play the game at Parkhead and give Celtic a 1 goal start also?

I'm still pissed off that Rangers and Celtic fans expect the same end everytime they visit the national stadium. What old age bullshit is that?

This is a well-worn and quite tiresome debate that happens whenever one of the OF gets to the cup final. I say this because Hampden is set up for a 50/50 split and can easily be sold in blocks from the South Stand from the corner flag to the middle and from the East or West stand (Who am I kidding, Celtic will get their “end” at the neutral venue) towards the north stand and it can be broken into 25,000 or just under 20k if the North Stand does not sell out. That way if there is a possibility that Aberdeen will not sell their allowance then these can be sold to Celtic fans who have agreed to join a standby list. 

However, Aberdeen have form for bringing nearly 40k for a game against ICT* so they may very well sell the 25k. (It will be much lower as of the 51k about 5-6k are kept behind for suits, SFA, sponsors and the like) I am like most here and give them the opportunity to sell their allocation! I would also toss a coin to see who gets what dressing room and which end the fans are given. It is supposed to be NEUTRAL!

* - Match report for said game - http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/26502621

Two ways of looking at this one.

Season tickets holders are the biggest source of income into Scottish Football so where possible they should be rewarded.

When you give a club an allocation bigger than their ground your are only encouraging lazy fans who don't go to most games.  Would clubs get a season ticket boost if at the start of the season it was stated cup final ticket allocations would be based on season ticket numbers?

However in recent times it's been fantastic that Hibs, Aberdeen, Hearts, Dundee United & Rangers* have taken huge crowds to cup finals to show there is another side to Scottish Football than just Celtic.

Re - Celtic v Alloa, Celtic played 3 home games in 8 days so one game is always going to suffer a big dip but that week Celtic had 120,000 for 3 home games (I'm not sure Thistle get that over a season).   On the other hand our Hampden crowds are very poor in comparison.

In contrast Aberdeen's support v Morton at Hampden was exceptional considering time, opposition and on TV. 

Overall considering Celtic's Hampden attendances over past five or more years and the distance Aberdeen fans have to travel week in week out, and in particular for finals the 50/50 split is more than justified on this occasion.

The tickets will be evenly split and fairly so. The Celtic tickets will go to those who have attended the previous rounds. Again, fair enough. I have a season ticket but I simply couldn't justify going to the cup games this year when I've already shelled out £500 for a season ticket + the champions league games and additional money on the European qualifiers.

The system is fine.

8 hours ago, Scotswarrior73 said:

This type of post is why I cant stay mad at Celtic for long. Imagine sitting next to this cheesecake at a game. 

16 hours ago, Tartantony said:

Spot on! The fans that went to the cup games will get tickets.

I didn't attend the cup games against Motherwell or Alloa and knew at the time that if we made the final I likely would miss out. Was hoping Morton would make it to give me a chance but I am happy to accept I can't go due to my own choice.

We'd have received 50% of tickets and sold them out just to spite you tbh.

On 10/26/2016 at 03:22, Kneetrembler said:

This type of post is why I cant stay mad at Celtic for long. Imagine sitting next to this cheesecake at a game. 

Except he's apparently a Rangers fan, calling himself ScotsWarrior. Immediately raising suspicions in itself...

On 25/10/2016 at 18:41, Scotswarrior73 said:

I see "The People" are already deserting Ibrox as you continue to struggle in mid table. Loads of empty seats there last night which should surely be more of a concern than what other teams crowds are like.

On 25/10/2016 at 20:10, Dubford don said:

Inverness last season,I rest my case.

I agree. That decision to give a penalty to Aberdeen after the ball hit Devine in the chest was ridiculous and halted our title charge.

Archived