Brechin v Livi

This game has a familiar feel to it, back in mid September the clubs sat a point apart in the table, Brechin 1 point ahead, we'd just came off the back of a 3-1 win at Alloa.

Hopefully it's the same result in this one as well but no doubt this will be very tough. 

Brechin have a really mean defence, best defence v best attack so should be an interesting encounter. 

I think it's going to be tight between both these teams and Alloa all season so the head to head games could be vital. 

I think we will set up exactly the same as we did against Alloa on Saturday:- Kelly, Longridge, Crighton, Lithgow, Halkett, Miller, De vita, Pittman, Cadden, Mullen, Buchanan.

we've not drawn a game yet this season but I'm going to predict 1-1 in this, not much between the teams at all. 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They've a good defence but they wont sit in to frustrate us, they'll come at us and leave us enough room to be able to get at their goal. Can see it being 2-1 either way, hopefully ours but wouldn't be upset with a draw.

Would line up the same as last week, leaving Mullin to come on 2nd half against tiring players, he's done very well for us as an impact sub.

Hopefully livi can avoid defeat here have been impressed with Brechin this season leaps and bounds from last year and it will be my first visit to Glebe  park meaning I've been to every SPFL ground in Scotland.

55 minutes ago, Liviguy said:

Hopefully livi can avoid defeat here have been impressed with Brechin this season leaps and bounds from last year and it will be my first visit to Glebe  park meaning I've been to every SPFL ground in Scotland.

Think it shows the differents two quality players can make to a team, we've had a great start, every game has been close, Dodds seems to have assembled a team that refuse to be beaten easily, the team work there socks off, it'll be a massive win for either team, I want a win but il take a draw to keep the momentum going

16 minutes ago, Overthehedge1 said:

Think it shows the differents two quality players can make to a team, we've had a great start, every game has been close, Dodds seems to have assembled a team that refuse to be beaten easily, the team work there socks off, it'll be a massive win for either team, I want a win but il take a draw to keep the momentum going

Brechin's done better against the teams we've struggled against, I think their style of play makes them hard to beat and they can grind out results against stuffy teams, something Hopkin needs to start doing. It's great getting wins against Alloa and Brechin but we then lose to QP, East Fife and Albion Rover, and are a point behind Brechin. Maybe that's down to your defence being better than ours but I think we need to be a bit more patient against stuffy teams that sit in to hit us on the counter and not make it so easy for them to mug us at the back.

1 hour ago, citydiehard said:

Dreading this one,we got a doing over last time with Dodds negative tactics,hopefully he will be more attacking this time and the players aren't so scared.I would be happy with a draw.

A doing, really ? I thought Brechin played decent in our last encounter and where a wee bit unfortunate to lose, certainly one of the better teams that have visited us this season. 

Also if the players are scared how are you top of the league ? Obviously they are buying into Dodds tactics and style.

I really don't understand your pessimism at all, very strange. 

A doing, really ? I thought Brechin played decent in our last encounter and where a wee bit unfortunate to lose, certainly one of the better teams that have visited us this season. 

Also if the players are scared how are you top of the league ? Obviously they are buying into Dodds tactics and style.

I really don't understand your pessimism at all, very strange. 

City could win 7-0 on Saturday and diehard would still find something to moan about.

No complaints today , hungrier fitter team won it ! We were poor ... Think teams needing freshened up a wee bit , Fiin Graham back in , maybe Fusco given a wee run, Troutens been poor last half dozen games..2 poor mistakes for first 2 goals but hey ho we ll have weeks like this 

Livvy were far fitter and had more ideas , we had no plan B today .... Only poor thing about Livvy was wee Mullens blatant diving and acting .... 

And thats three defeats against Alloa and Livi.

Beat by a better team - no arguments.

However I had said for a while that our system does not work against teams who come at us as we never have enough options out of the back and that happened today. Elliot Ford was exposed many times and was often not far enough up the park to receive a pass from midfield. We held onto the ball too long and as Livi pressed we gave it away too often creating most of our problems ourselves.

I could hear Dods screaming at our midfield to press but it never really happened and Livi moved the ball around much better.

At home or certainly against the better teams in this league we need to have a different style and be a little more positive ourselves. We are not where we are today by lacking believe but lets show believe a bit more ion how we approach games.

Yes the formation has taken us to where we are but some tweaking is required or have another option as we will become predictable and easier to play against.

Its a sore one today but onwards and upwards for next week.

Archived