Terrors v Bairns

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Durnan was fuckin outstanding today and the Edge was narrowly behind. They had to be to deal with Falkirks brand of hoofball to Millar. Donaldson however was a complete joke when he came on. He nearly flogged three goals in five minutes which even for him, is quite an acheivement

9 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

First half was utter fucking shite. Topei and VdV were pish.

Second half much better helped by Houston shitting the bed and settling for a point at half time.

I give credit to McKinnon for taking both of them off though in all honesty Obadeyi should have been hooked at half time.  Durnan had an excellent game even before his goal, given the stick he has (deservedly) been given in the past it seemed a bit surreal to here his name being chanted.

I know Ray likes to shore up the defence to see out games but Dinaldson was a bombscare during his cameo appearance.

I think the players that were on the park before Donaldson came on should be the starting line up next week.

41 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Second half much better helped by Houston shitting the bed and settling for a point at half time.

Playing two up top and attacking sub's of McHugh, Hippo and Craigen, whereas Utd one up top, went to 5 at the back with a sub and the standard time wasting you expect with all teams in that scenario tbf.

Maybe an important 3pts come May but I'm not gonna lose sleep over it now

Fairly even game so delighted to pick up the 3 points. Durnan outstanding with Edge and Telfer both good also. Tope and VDV pish again with VDV looking a poor imitation of the player at the start of the season (nose out of joint because Andreu has come in as star man?). Not entirely comfortable with McKinnons tactics of throwing on defenders to try to see games out as it puts us right on the back foot and invites pressure and only ever leaves us one Donaldson brain fart away from conceding.

Didn't play as well as last week, both tope and VDV were off the boil and I was glad to see them hooked.  Still highlights the need for a striker, but at least Murrays pace caused a few problems and I felt a goal was coming, just didn't expect it to be Durnan getting it. Pleased for him as he was a bombscare last year, and took absolute pelters for his performances but looks so much better beside The Edge. Agree thou with everyone else, you just can't put Donaldson and Durnan together - it's negative synergy. Dont  every want to see that again.  Fraser is developing and increasing in confidence and Andreu always has that touch of quality.- Felt we created so much more than Falkirk today, but didn't have an end product.

Falkirk were organised but uninspiring.

Some excellent hand work from Housite today. We saw the single hand at hip rotation, double hand at hip rotation, and my personal favourite, the double raised fist pump. Disappointing not to see the hand over hand waist level rotation, but hey,  it's greedy to expect to get 3 points and the full Houstie  repertoire.

All goes back to summer, we were crying out for natural wingers and didnt address it, ok we had hippo but nobody bar the much maligned Smith, Alston not a winger he goes and who do we sign..Craigen also not a winger, after being battered of a big physical killie we still didnt sign bigger stronger players, Vaulks goes and we sign Rankin.. this narrow crap is murder but we dont have the personnel to change it.

7 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

All goes back to summer, we were crying out for natural wingers and didnt address it, ok we had hippo but nobody bar the much maligned Smith, Alston not a winger he goes and who do we sign..Craigen also not a winger, after being battered of a big physical killie we still didnt sign bigger stronger players, Vaulks goes and we sign Rankin.. this narrow crap is murder but we dont have the personnel to change it.

Was a Houston trait at United - one wide man, and three CMs with one of them playing wide, be that Flood, Rankin, whomever.

He likes the 'security' it provides.

Surprised Houston didn't start Hippolyte, and went with three essentially holding midfielders, given United's lightweight looking midfield.

Also, Lee Miller not central, lumping the ball to him: he won no balls all afternoon, but drew some fouls. With a different referee, Miller would have been booked then surely subbed.

Both sides looked like they didn't want to lose, but this early in the season I was hoping for a more positive game. United limp on with decent results but have't yet played well this season, although there has been a gradual improvement. The lack of a strong central striker is obvious. 

Mark Durnan was outstanding, while Tony Andreu put in a massive shift for a supposed flair player.

Glad to hear big Durns put in a good performance for yous today and scoring the winning goal to cap it off, hopefully has found the form he used to show each week when playing for QoS, saying that hopefully he doesn't get a result next sat in his return to palmerston.

Best team shaded it TBF. Our play is to contain, hit on the break and try to snatch a goal but... We should be better. We are back to lumping long balls and hope Lee knocks one down to someone, talk about trying to win ugly?
For me Houston needs to think about what we are trying to achieve and how do we plan to play, we are becoming a one trick pony relying on long throws etc. We have little or no footballing flair and I feel we are getting what we deserve. The creativity had gone, goalkeeper punt, scraps and fingers crossed, hit and hope. Can't blame anyone but the manager, he adopts the styles, buys the players, sets the tactics.
The next 2 months are vitally important as he plans for the January window, we have been well and truly sussed this season by our opponents, we have no other aces up our sleeves. I think we are fifth in the league at present but I'm not sure Mr. H can deliver this season, hopefully he'll prove me wrong

Good performance, looked a bit blunt up top again but I think we deserved the win in the end. What a performance from Durnan and the Edge. Andreu was a class act and I thought Flood and Dixon (bar a dud cross or two) were also very good.

I think Donaldson should be sent on loan to a coal mine on another continent and have the door shut behind him. 

Hopefully Mckinnon won't be using shite bag tactics like that again either, 5 at the back was terrifying. At that stage of the game, Spittal for Fraser would have been the obvious choice, no? 

Smith and Murray played well when they came on, Smith should maybe start instead of VDV next week to freshen things up. Tope was hopeless, beginning to think he is an absolute shite player with the odd one off bit of great play.

Big target man to hold the ball up for Christmas, please!

Archived