ACCA exams

Stellaboz

I finished the exams three years. I got no exemptions so had to do every fucking exam, all 13 or whatever. I went to the classes and revision classes. Makes a huge difference and i was able to pass all first time. Even sat three at one time.

Anyways, get it done and you will then have plenty options. Best thing i did

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sitting P1 in 6/7 weeks and it seems pretty straightforward. Like Aufc I've had no exemptions, but in a way I value the experience of doing it all.

Hearing the comments about P2 just deepens my existing paranoia about it though - struggled to pass F7. I might leave it until last...

On 10/24/2016 at 23:06, Internet Citizen said:

I remember my lecturer for P5 telling the class that every year he suggests to the examiner that it's an accountancy exam and not an English exam. The wording of some of the questions is nightmarish.

I used to have these arguments with the maths teacher in second year at high school. The exercise books were full of questions like "what do you think is the answer..?". 

Sitting P1 in 6/7 weeks and it seems pretty straightforward. Like Aufc I've had no exemptions, but in a way I value the experience of doing it all.

Hearing the comments about P2 just deepens my existing paranoia about it though - struggled to pass F7. I might leave it until last...

To be honest, i was the same as you. But you just need to mind that you only need 50% to pass. Just do lots of practise questions. Obviously depends on the questions on the day

I'm doing them just now, 4 to go. Really struggling with getting the time to study at the moment so probably 2 in March for me.

My current role is so far away from any kind of financial accounts in any way - it takes the motivation away a fair bit.

P2 is as bad as everyone makes out so I'll be doing it last id imagine. Has anyone done any of the new style objectives online?

I've self taught almost all of it but was used to that through uni so have a fair amount of revision/exam techniques that I know seem to work for me. Had planned to do one in December but doubt it'll be happening now.

• 2 months later...

Anyone get any results last night? I passed P1, but not quite with the mark I'd hoped for.

Now on to the horror story of P2 in March. I'd hoped to leave it until last, but was then advised to do it before Advanced Audit. Fucking wankers.

2 hours ago, Estragon said:

Anyone get any results last night? I passed P1, but not quite with the mark I'd hoped for.

Now on to the horror story of P2 in March. I'd hoped to leave it until last, but was then advised to do it before Advanced Audit. Fucking wankers.

My girlfriend got hers. Can't remember which one, but she's only got about 4 to go. EVERY SINGLE TIME she does the exam she swears blind she's failed, and then surprise surprise, passes it with flying colours. It's almost like a joke, except that when I point this out to her, she gets annoyed!

Well done on your success! 

On 1/16/2017 at 07:11, Estragon said:

Forgot to ask btw, surely the mark doesn't matter? It's 50% for a pass and marks aren't taken into account by employers?

Forgot to ask btw, surely the mark doesn't matter? It's 50% for a pass and marks aren't taken into account by employers?

Yeah, from that perspective you're right - pass/fail is ultimately the only thing. In this case though, I really felt like I put a load of work into it, and also that it was one of the easier ones of those I've got left to do.

Feels a bit more foreboding for the next one, which I can already see is tougher, than it would have done had I totally breezed it.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

I thought P2 was by far the hardest I sat, mostly down to the sheer volume of content they could question you on.

March isn't too far away, are you doing it on your own? Just give yourself plenty of time to prepare. The first question (on some kind of consolidated accounts) is make or break in this exam.

8 minutes ago, Internet Citizen said:

I thought P2 was by far the hardest I sat, mostly down to the sheer volume of content they could question you on.

March isn't too far away, are you doing it on your own? Just give yourself plenty of time to prepare. The first question (on some kind of consolidated accounts) is make or break in this exam.

I'm going to weekend tuition classes with Kaplan - there's a guy in the class who's already had two unsuccessful attempts, and I've heard a few other stories like that.

Even the idea of writing a fucking essay about financial reporting standards seems like a ludicrous proposition. 

I'm going to weekend tuition classes with Kaplan - there's a guy in the class who's already had two unsuccessful attempts, and I've heard a few other stories like that.
Even the idea of writing a fucking essay about financial reporting standards seems like a ludicrous proposition. 

It is ludicrous. For what it's worth I always attempted the questions that were split into smaller chunks, rather than attempting some utter bonkers 25 marker on something like not-for-sale assets.

It is ludicrous. For what it's worth I always attempted the questions that were split into smaller chunks, rather than attempting some utter bonkers 25 marker on something like not-for-sale assets.

The issue that I have on that score is that the exam format now is that part 2 requires 25 mark questions on 2 of 3 options - one of which is guaranteed to be about "a current issue", which isn't really an option for me as I don't have a practice background. Essentially I'm stuck with the other two regardless.

The more I think about this thing, the more it seems that the reputation it has for being difficult has encouraged them to make it even more so. Like one of those gargantuan hamburger challenges.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

• 10 months later...

Exam week this week. Anyone doing any? I sat F4 for a giggle and passed, maybe I should think about reconsidering my career choices, instead of working within finance in the organisation I should sit them? My girlfriend has signed up and has exemptions for most of the Fundamental papers, and I have advised of how difficult P2 is. Given that she is doing this through her employer, I’ve advised to go through an Approved Learning Provider, such as Kaplan. Should my advice be heeded?

Archived