Begging

Zamora Fan

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Done, although I wasn't happy with the religion option.

How many on here ask a beggar to state their religion before deciding  whether or not to make a contribution? 

It could be seen as a clumsy way of wording it, but I'd guess it's just meant as if people assume religions. I'd imagine Muslims to be perceived as the most 'obvious' religion, and as much as it sounds disgusting, could be a big factor in whether people decide if they will give them a pound or not.

13 minutes ago, smpar said:

It could be seen as a clumsy way of wording it, but I'd guess it's just meant as if people assume religions. I'd imagine Muslims to be perceived as the most 'obvious' religion, and as much as it sounds disgusting, could be a big factor in whether people decide if they will give them a pound or not.

Hmmmm.... I can think of quite a few I've come across in certain parts of Glasgow and the west of Scotland who would claim to be able to identify a catholic long before they would a muslim!

18 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

How many on here ask a beggar to state their religion before deciding  whether or not to make a contribution? 

I wasn't going to include it tbh and I wanted to word it a little better but I included it because of the idea that if, say, a Jewish person came across a beggar wearing a Kippah they may be more likely to have sympathies and same for Christians and beggars wearing a cross etc. In hindsight it's quite clumsy and I probably should have left it out.

1 minute ago, Zamora Fan said:

I wasn't going to include it tbh and I wanted to word it a little better but I included it because of the idea that if, say, a Jewish person came across a beggar wearing a Kippah they may be more likely to have sympathies and same for Christians and beggars wearing a cross etc. In hindsight it's quite clumsy and I probably should have left it out.

Why would they wear a fish?

There's a woman on Princess Street who sits permanently praying. Maybe that makes the god-fearing more inclined to give.

I know two beggars personally through work, and whilst both are nice people, neither are homeless. Makes me somewhat sad as it makes the genuinely homeless less likely to get needed help from the kind-hearted.

Done.

As I recall, 3 years ago, there was a beggar in Oxford Street, London, who claimed he was homeless when he wasn't and made £50,000 a year from begging.

He was charged with fraud.  He lived in a £300,000 flat in Fulham.

2 hours ago, Zamora Fan said:

Would appreciate if you could take a few minutes to complete this survey on begging and beggars for a Uni assignment, cheers!
https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/JC39H6L 

I would but, as a student, you'll only use my responses to obtain drugs and/or alcohol.

30 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Think I did it. When folk clicked 'Done' did it go right back to a fresh survey?

By fresh do you mean a different one, If so yes. If you mean the same one then I doubt it? 

Zam, are you going to come back & publish your findings. I wanna know what sort of c***s we are? Would like to think good uns.

Grimbo

Archived