Berwick v Arbroath

No international week to go and lick our wounds. Coughlin somehow has to lift the team up after yesterday's embarrassment and select a team to try and beat Arbroath. 

I'd pick Brennnan, Fairbairn, Martin, Beveridge, Notman, Thomson and Rutherford 

And any 4 others in training on Thursday night who look like they might give a toss, whether that be regulars or Juniors.

By next Saturday I'd have already chased Hamilton,  Wilson, Stirling, Mckenna, Hurst, and Mackie; inserted cattle prods into Walker, Mackinlay, Lavery, Orru and Sheerin, and gone begging all higher League clubs to let us have some decent loanees.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By next Saturday I'd have already chased Hamilton,  Wilson, Stirling, Mckenna, Hurst, and Mackie; inserted cattle prods into Walker, Mackinlay, Lavery, Orru and Sheerin, and gone begging all higher League clubs to let us have some decent loanees.

We struggle to name a full bench as it is and you'd kick out 6 players?

Also, Hurst wasn't involved yesterday and for me has been decent so far. Lavery has been shite for 6 months. McKinlay also has been shite and tried to square go with a teammate.

McKinlay and McKenna are both suspended for Saturday anyway I think.

I'd play:

Walker

Fairbairn
Martin

Bev
Thomson
Notman

Lavery
Rutherford
Sheerin
Hurst
Watt

May as well have a laugh since we're not getting any cup money to strengthen the squad. I probably won't spend the £40 odd coming down for this.

21 minutes ago, Yellow Feet said:

We struggle to name a full bench as it is and you'd kick out 6 players?

Yes.  3 of them are on loan and have done little to inspire. The other 3 are shite and I don't believe that 3 youngsters from the development squad could be worse. And we need new faces in the squad to give it a lift, so out with the loanees and get some news ones in

Greg rutherford? Hows he doing for use? Put a shift in for us but generally did not look like a footballer

Scored two headers Yesterday, one was disallowed (questionably). Only played 50 minutes but looked ok. Need to see more though before forming an opinion, he only signed Thursday.

Rutherford was a good football player and done everything right apart from score most weeks which kind of made him useless as a striker. That was in a bad team though. Might do ok for you. I rated him.

Sort of want Skelly to play instead of Doris but happy with either. I'll be disappointed if we don't get anything after seeing Berwicks game yesterday, although it could have acted as a kick up the arse and they might come out next week totally different.

3 points would be great as we are usually shite down there.

David Gold has been extremely consistent for us in his time at the club. Consistent below par performances last season and consistently good performances this year.

The big question is will the pub beside the station (Castle Hotel?) be showing the early/ late kick offs and also will the social club? If neither do, the best bet would be the Angel or Queen's Head?

Archived