Dees vs Jags - Wednesday 26 Oct

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This season is an absolute shocker, I already just want it over.

Oh, but Alan Archibald is the greatest manager we've ever had, there are no problems with the team whatsoever, this is the greatest era in the club's history, it's been much worse in the past and we should be grateful.

Fucking hell mate. We're not even bottom.

If Dundee win this we sink to the bottom and psychologically could be a massive issue blow for the team. It really is a game where either side needs 3 points to make sure they keep some confidence. It will also propel the team up the table. A loss however roots you to the bottom. Some will argue that you're still only 'x' points from 6th but let's face it. A loss only piles on the fact that you can't beat the teams around you and you're likely to be around here all season. Hard to call but my hope is a 2-1 win for Thistle.

If I hadn't booked my seat on the supporters bus already/be missing the next two games then I would be giving this a miss. Was fuming coming home from the game on Saturday and I'm not expecting any better from this. Hope that Lindsay and Erskine are fit for this or we are even more fucked than we already are. Otherwise, I would lineup like:

Scully

Gordon  Syme  Barton  Booth

Osman  Edwards

Amoo        Doolan       Elliott

Azeez

That is an absolutely honking team, and Archie will play Devine instead of Syme, and probably Welsh in CM in place of Doolan/Azeez or Amoo. Our record at Dens hasn't been very good in recent years and I don't expect us to change that. It'll either finish 1-1 with us conceding a late goal, or 2-1 Dees, with us conceding at least one late goal. 

I'd stick with Saturday's formation, providing Lindsay is fit.

Fuctifano mentioned that Erskine was hobbling along the side of the pitch on Saturday. I heard that he's due a scan on his knee this week. Bitter blow - he could've done so much more with the space Edwards was afforded on Saturday.

Can't imagine Lindsay will play either, I know there's not a formal concussion protocol in the SPFL but we'll probably have to get him checked out anyway.

I can't imagine we'll change the 3-5-2 in that case- as well as Dundee playing 2 up front- as we're more or less down to no more first team players. Gordon will come in for Lindsay and that'll be it.

If Erskine is out long term on top of all the other long term injuries I'll greet.

34 minutes ago, Daydream said:

Presume you're coming up for it, aye? :lol:

Already on train mate! :thumsup2

On a serious note, would love to get up to a game around New Year time...any 'classics' around then? :unsure2:

Way too much talk about wins and losses for what is clearly a guaranteed draw.

Probably a goalless one, so both managers can talk positively about keeping a clean sheet.

You're fucking kidding no one, Hartley! Get the ball in the back of the net, c**t!

Devine was actually okay on Saturday and seemed to fit well into the 3-5-2 system.

I'm far more worried about Gordon playing at left centre back. He's only really played one decent game and that was against Rangers.

Lindsay sounds like he suffered a neck injury rather than  a concussion but either way he'll be doubtful so the aforementioned Gordon comes in and he was out of his depth against Yinited in the League Cup.

The formation from Saturday is better suited to away games so that is a small crumb of conflict.

Day off booked for Wednesday which is good as this game is a definite six pinter :guinness

Archived