Unpopular opinions - wrestling edition

DA Baracus

I actually quite enjoy JBL's ramblings. Especially when he goes off on a tangent and starts giving shoutouts to other sports stars/teams. I remember he seemed to be over the moon with Gary Anderson winning the world title :lol:. Can often get distracted by his patter and miss some of the action.

Yeah, also Mauro shouting out move names does not constitute to good commentary. Albeit, it's better than a certain someone getting every move wrong. Mauro has also been given all the scripted jokes recently and it's the most unfunny and cringe worthy thing to experience.

12 hours ago, bernardblack said:

Roman Reigns is the guy and the sooner people realise that and get on board, the better.

He's not going anywhere and is likely to be in the main event for the next ten years or so

Well the ratings have completely flat lined so might be no one left watching at all by the time that happens.

21 hours ago, bernardblack said:

Roman Reigns is the guy and the sooner people realise that and get on board, the better.

He's not going anywhere and is likely to be in the main event for the next ten years or so

I don't think anyone wants him to go anywhere and recognise what he brings to the table. They just don't want him to be a goofy, cheesy face, he's got monster, sadistic, shit-kicking heel written all over him.

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Eli Drake is one of the best guys on the mic in the business right now. He's easily better than the majority of guys in WWE and TNA on the mic.

Don't think that'll be an unpopular opinion. Guy's tremendous.

Oh, despite all of the stick it's getting, the ICW ownership story is still good for me, since it has provided a good few multi-man tags which have tore the house down. Just give me good matches and I'll be happy.

13 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Don't think that'll be an unpopular opinion. Guy's tremendous.

Oh, despite all of the stick it's getting, the ICW ownership story is still good for me, since it has provided a good few multi-man tags which have tore the house down. Just give me good matches and I'll be happy.

I would hope not. There's really only one to describe anyone who thinks otherwise;

download (25).jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Some of the opinions on here are mental to me, but I guess that's a reason we all love wrestling. the opinions differ so much.

First off, to the guy saying Edge should have only been a mid carder.... you are insane. Edge was phenomenal! He was an all rounder.. fantastic in the ring, on the mic, plenty of charisma and Edge as the Rated R superstar coming to the ring with Lita was absolute gold. Edge has earned all he has achieved and deserves it all.

Ric Flair was not the greatest of all time regardless of what Triple H and Shawn Michaels tells us. Infact, to me he wouldn't even crack my top 10. So many better all rounders (great in the ring, on the mic with plenty charisma) of more recent eras were better than Flair in his prime.

Randy Orton should have stayed the slithering, unpredictable psychopath! That character was sensational. But as usual, WWE's new era of writers chop and change wrestlers' characters too much that it becomes less believable.

Sasha Banks and Bailey aren't as hot as some make out. Infact, Bailey isn't attractive at all! 

Kurt Angle was a complete and utter machine. He was also money on the mic and in the ring. One of the best EVER.

Got bored of Brock Lesnar a while ago. Infact I prefered the younger Brock before he left the company the first time around. His matches were actually entertaining at that point.

Never been a Daniel Bryan fan. Ultra cheesy character. Cringey on the mic.. and the YES chant sucks! However his work in the ring was fantastic.

Batista is VERY underrated. He had it all! When he was a good guy he was adored, when he was a bad guy he was a complete b*****d. Entertaining in the ring (without being one of the best) and great on the mic.

PG is awful! Totally awful.. the storylines suck! everything seems so cheesy. Hardcore matches are not hardcore.. No believability to a tense storyline because they aren't allowed to push the hatred to an extreme like they used to. And I'll happily say it, I enjoyed Torrie Wilson, Trish. Keibler etc in bikini's etc! 

The Attitude era is the second best era of all time, not the first! The roster, storylines, matches.. infact EVERYTHING was at it's peak around 2001 or 2002 upto 2006. Ruthless Aggression!

I stopped watching WWW around 09 because I genuinely would have rather have watched paint dry... Started watching again when CM Punk dropped the pipe bomb.

CM Punk made me feel like there was a small percentage of my favourite era's still in wrestling. Loved him! 

John Cena gets undeserved hate. Yes he has been pushed in our faces for a bit too long now but he's a good worker and excellent on the mic. 

Dean Ambrose bores me. Lunatic fringe without being a lunatic... so basically just a fringe. Not that good in the ring however good on the mic.

Charlotte is better in the ring than her dad was.

Although not my favourite at the point when he was on top, I can now appreciate just how good Bret Hart actually was when I watch gis matches back. Sensational! Ring psychology at its finest.

Shawn Michaels deserves to be called the best. If he's not the best, then he is certainly up there. If he is not in everyones top 5 then you are crazy.

Shane McMahon is entertaining as hell. Always has been.. The guy is crazy!

Stone Cold matches were more often than not VERY boring. The Rock was better in the ring, although Triple H was better than them both.

Was never a Benoit fan.. Had zero personality. In ring work isn't everything to me which is why I'm probably not a huge fan of the WWE atm as that's all they provide.

Jericho has one of the best minds ever in wrestling. He could get over anything.

PPV named after match types are awful, apart from the Royal Rumble which has always been especially for that one ppv. (TLC, Elimation Chamber, Hell in a Cell) These matches should be surprises that can happen on any given ppv. Not by shoving 4 of them in on one ppv. Sucks ass.

The writers today must be mentally challenged but cheap to employ. awful awful storylines.