GMFC v AUFC

So we should only open the Railway End for you if every single seat in the stand is taken? There were also more people standing up the back than there were seats, so I don't think it would be unfair to say that opening the WDE would be justified. I know you don't care, and why should you, but Morton is an absolutely shite away day when we're packed into that wooden heap, particularly when we're paying £18 for the privilege.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

So we should only open the Railway End for you if every single seat in the stand is taken? There were also more people standing up the back than there were seats, so I don't think it would be unfair to say that opening the WDE would be justified. I know you don't care, and why should you, but Morton is an absolutely shite away day when we're packed into that wooden heap, particularly when we're paying £18 for the privilege.

Personally,I think Ayr should only open the Railway End for the 2 or 3 teams that require more space than the stand offers(punt home fans onto the terracing if need be), every advantage possible should be afforded to the team in every home game IMHO.

3 hours ago, ayrmad said:

Personally,I think Ayr should only open the Railway End for the 2 or 3 teams that require more space than the stand offers(punt home fans onto the terracing if need be), every advantage possible should be afforded to the team in every home game IMHO.

I canae agree with that ayrmad although I know what you're saying. We have to make it punter friendly so if it's not a health and safety issue then you should be able to go wherever. I can't see not having 45 pist up fans behind a goal being a massive advantage. Used to love seeing that away end packed, Killie, Falkirk, thistle. Hopefully like that on Saturday 

1 hour ago, young buck said:

I canae agree with that ayrmad although I know what you're saying. We have to make it punter friendly so if it's not a health and safety issue then you should be able to go wherever. I can't see not having 45 pist up fans behind a goal being a massive advantage. Used to love seeing that away end packed, Killie, Falkirk, thistle. Hopefully like that on Saturday 

Falkirk? Big travelling support? Really??

I thought Ayr did bring a decent support with them, so well done you guys, better support than several other teams this season.  To me, there looked to be enough of you to justify opening the WDE - I can't in any case see why there is such a major problem with doing that.  Tape off a small section next to the stand and the stewards could cover both areas.  It's not as if there are huge numbers involved.

Archived