GMFC v AUFC

Great win. Poor in the first half, but started to show some resilience and fightback after we had that Nesbitt volley chopped off for some reason. O'Ware popping up yet again with another header, and an effort from Oliver that was actually quite poor first time round, but still fell perfectly from him.

Thought it was a frustrating day for Quitongo at times, a lot of his tricks weren't really coming off and the Ayr defence managed to deal with him. Lindsay was key again, some excellent contributions at times.

Delighted with that though. Fantastic character from the team.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Pure Mental said:

From the other end of the shed it looked like a penalty.

Hope it was.

I thought it looked like a fairly obvious dive, and the ref seemed to make his mind up quickly. Suppose it'd be funnier if they were screwed out of it, right enough.

Really enjoyed that today. We weren't particularly playing well in the first half and up against a very well organised Ayr team.

Better in the 2nd half as we gradually took control of the game

No idea why our goal was disallowed which was a pity as it was a cracking strike. 

Big Tam gets us right back in it and utter scenes when we score our 2nd :thumsup2

Ayr were the better side in the first half. took us a while to get into it but id say we were better in the second-half.

Draw would have been a fair result imo but what a glorious way to win a game especially against Super Ayr :)

Good to see both managers in agreement that the referee was atrocious.  Consistently so.  Looked like a stonewall penalty to me - not sure if Duffy is at the wind up by conceding it should have been given.  McCall screwed up our subs big time - we looked so much weaker after the changes.  Interesting that McCall is blaming the players fir not doing well enough when they came on - simple fact is Forrest is not a centre forward and is never going to provide an out ball and Donald is an option when you are 3 nil up against Dumbarton but not in a game which is still a contest.

1 minute ago, Mgc1910 said:

Good to see both managers in agreement that the referee was atrocious.  Consistently so.  Looked like a stonewall penalty to me - not sure if Duffy is at the wind up by conceding it should have been given.  McCall screwed up our subs big time - we looked so much weaker after the changes.  Interesting that McCall is blaming the players fir not doing well enough when they came on - simple fact is Forrest is not a centre forward and is never going to provide an out ball and Donald is an option when you are 3 nil up against Dumbarton but not in a game which is still a contest.

I said to my mate that Adams coming off would change the game. Ayr were tje better side up until that point.

That was f*cking delightful. A game ruined by dreadful refereeing - surprised the ref never gave a pen for Harkins belly flop, 9.5/10 for that one.
Hope Nicky Devlin still has that big grin on his face after getting it up the cowshed after the Ayr goal [emoji1]
Good to see Ross Forbes and Co give it back to the Ayr fans too. Have to say that was a decent number that Ayr brought with them today.
Great character shown by the team in that second half. That's us got half the job done, now onto the skunks on Tuesday.

Referee was completely abysmal. Ayr played very well and were totally comfortable up to the substitutions which changed the game. Can only assume Adams was hooked to avoid getting sent off and Cairney still cant manage a full game despite it being nearly November. Was worried after last week that Mickey Donald might start creeping into the team again and it certainly caught up with us today as their second goal started from his messing around. Got to say I was unimpressed with Morton considering their run of wins however two or three of their attacking players look superb and can see why bigger teams are interested. 

1 hour ago, GiGi said:

Linesman: card marked

Ayr: pumped

Morton: better

Seeing the linesman getting abused by the shed after he disallowed the goal was hilarious. Folk chasing him up amd down the line. It was tremendous and we'll deserved. 

Archived