GMFC v AUFC

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, young buck said:

Going for 5 clean sheets in a row I think

Aye but this is the famous Greenock Morton we're talking about not diddies like QOTS,Dunfermline,Falkirk and Dumbarton.

Not getting too ahead of myself here, but realistically how many points would it take to be safe?

Its between 35 and 40. It depends on others obviously as it can be less.

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Its between 35 and 40. It depends on others obviously as it can be less.

The average over the last 10 years to finish above 9th has been 35, but it can be massively skewed depending on the circumstances. If there are three teams miles adrift of the others with the bottom three all being awful (let's call them St. Mirren, Dunfermline and Dumbarton) a low points total was all that was needed like 14-15: Livingston finished 8th with 27 points. Alternatively you can have one team miles adrift in tenth - no idea who tbh - with all others taking points from them meaning a high points total was needed like 13-14: Cowden finished 9th with 40 points.

The highest points total a 9th placed team has had was 42 but that's very rare: chances are if you hit the mid 40s you're safe. Last season we were 5th with 43 points, 12 points clear of 9th.

I would go with the same starting eleven as last week. McCall may be tempted to start with Nisbet but I would stick with Forrest. We now have good options on the bench with McGuffie, Adams, Nisbet and Donald. Ayr to keep the good run going with a narrow victory.

2-1 Harkins and Forrest. 

Pay back for the injury time robbery a couple of seasons ago.

Archived