Hamilton Academical FC vs Aberdeen FC

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jack to start this one?

With the surface in mind, I think Jack will stay benched on Tuesday. I wouldn't be surprised to see one or two rested though.

By coincidence I am in the central belt area for work next week. I will be making my first trip to New Douglas park for this blockbuster.

13 hours ago, shootingboots said:

Think Jack will start. Would be inclined to move shinnie to LB too.

11 hours ago, 2pac said:

Wouldn't mind seeing the likes of Wes burns and miles storey getting a game in this one

Yup. we have a very strong and underused bench.  Rest McGinn, Hayes and Maclean, get Jack back in and play the first left back we've had in living memory at left back, for a change.

Hopefully Seaborne will be back for this. I'd like to see Donati back in midfield, but I'm not sure who I'd drop out of Crawford, Docherty and MacKinnon. We also can't play the bizarre system of playing with only one winger.

I wouldn't like to see too many changes from Saturday's team and certainly wouldn't risk Jack.

Rest 2 players maximum. Probably McGinn and one other. Certainly don't want to be seen to be taking the game lightly. We need full points to keep up the momentum.

I'd keep the same formation as Saturday expect have seaborne instead of Donati, push Donati into midfield and drop MacKinnon, and swap Bingham for Brophy.

We didn't have any cohesion in the middle of the park last week. Yes, Imrie was on the left, but the other 3 were just trying to play in the exact same position, and we left the right wing completely exposed.

28 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

We didn't have any cohesion in the middle of the park last week. Yes, Imrie was on the left, but the other 3 were just trying to play in the exact same position, and we left the right wing completely exposed.

I would of suggested Redmond come in, but Canning seems reluctant to play him. And the only other winger we have is Longridge.

If we are to accommodate Jack, I would prefer to see him partnering McLean with Shinnie being moved to left-back and Considine replacing Reynolds beside O'Connor. It might just be the case that Jack has to play his way back into the team, though. I would be tempted to start the same XI as at Hampden, perhaps with Burns coming in for McGinn. 

McInnes will be aware that a vastly altered line-up combined with a poor result would leave him open to criticism, so I imagine that he will be reluctant to tamper too much. That's not really his style. A couple of changes at most, I'd guess; possibly the same team that started yesterday. Important that we take nothing for granted, build on our good form and get three points ahead of the weekend. 

Archived