Airdrieonians vs Q.P.

3 hours ago, AllanM said:

Both Bradley and Galt have left, so I heard. 

I agree with dropping Miller. Don't believe he brings much to the team. On a good day, his free kicks and corners can be good but yesterday weren't. Few times his corners weren't beating the first man! Don't agree with Woods, actually think that's ridiculous! He was brilliant last week n lively in the first half. Second half not so much but who was. It amazes me how differently some people see the game. 

If you drop anyone, it's McGeever! He gives away a goal a game. Fact he's in the team is beyond me never mind the captain. I would have Gibson before any of the defenders! Cummings has been consistent last few games mind you. McLeish was excellent last week but poor yesterday. 

I wish Woods was as good as you think he is but I'm not bedazzled by his dribbling or lengthy runs across the park. For a player who gets so much of the ball he seldom makes a real impact on the game. His first touch is often a bit loose and he gives away possession more than any other midfielder, often from poor passing when not under pressure. He started well yesterday but fizzled out quickly. 

Bit harsh on McGeever. It was Wharton getting it a few weeks ago. Maybe if the midfielders attacked and drove forward, like last week, the defence would have less pressure? Too often, Woods and Miller when presented with a chance to push past an opponent and head for goal instead choose to turn back, play a simple pass backward to a defender and thereby allow the oppo midfield time to get back behind the ball. 

If ball players like Bradley and Galt are away that says a lot about what McPherson's style of play is. If we're getting relegated this season I'd rather we had a few days to remember along the way than turgid displays like yesterday.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha, am bedazzled by your comments. Are we talking about the same player or even watching the same game? I would say he doesn't get as much of the ball as other midfielders, Miller and Zanatta get more no? And no chance he gives the ball away as much. 

Gus's play is long balls up the park even though the majority of the team r small in height. Be nice to see the ball played from the back more and midfielders taking it forward but too many times its lumped up the park. 

I thought Bradley was good, liked him in the team. Shame. 

We started off really well, but died a death after the flurry of penalties.  On another day, none of the first three would have been given and perhaps the push by Boeteng would have been awarded. Them's the breaks.

Brown seemed to be playing a bit too far up the park, perhaps to give more support up front, but it didn't really work.  If Airdrie's central defence is as dodgy as some were saying, they had a pretty easy day of it on Saturday and weren't tested.  Unfortunately.

Miller's deliveries weren't as good as usual...but next week every one of them might be spot on.  I reckon that dropping him would be daft.  We are poor at coming out to defend corners, there's no two ways about it.  Scotland suffer from that too!  That is something that can be addressed by coaching.

Ryan takes over as Airdrie's diving wee b*****d; rushing up to the ref after the second penalty demanding that McGeever be booked was a disgrace.  It looked a fair challenge to me, although I haven't see it on Diamonds TV.

Airdrie's first performance against us was probably the best I've seen from the opposition so far, but they looked to have fallen back a bit.  Still, a deserved 4/1 win - you can't argue with that.

We need to dust ourselves down and get ready to defend Fortress Hampden this weekend.  

Airdrie's pies are excellent; had a mince one and a steak one.  Clogged me up for about 24 hours, but well worth it.

Galt currently has some personal problems, that's why he hasn't featured recently. Not sure how anyone can also have a go at Muir, he was our best player by a mile on Saturday. Unless you're expecting him to save 3 penalties, ffs!

At the time I thought the first and last penalties were stonewall, the other 2 very debateable. Having watched the video nothing has changed my mind. re the midfield. We miss Berry but we also need McKernon back fit. That would give Miller more licence to get forward, think Gus has put the shackles on him a bit. Woods is always busy and never hides but sadly lacks the end product right now. 22 goals he scored over the last 2 seasons but none yet this season says it all

On 22/10/2016 at 15:32, Tulloch Gorum said:

Another foul on Ryan, another penalty for Airdrie, another goal for Russell, 28 minutes.  This is bizarre. Three penalties in the first half hour is just weird - anyone at the game enlighten us?  Were they are all legit penalties? 

Queens had another stonewaller denied when bombscare bundled a striker over.   Should've been 4

1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

Galt currently has some personal problems, that's why he hasn't featured recently. Not sure how anyone can also have a go at Muir, he was our best player by a mile on Saturday. Unless you're expecting him to save 3 penalties, ffs!

Sorry to hear that about Galt. Hopefully all goes well for him and he's back playing soon. A name forever in QP folklore after *that* goal.

40 minutes ago, an86 said:

Sorry to hear that about Galt. Hopefully all goes well for him and he's back playing soon. A name forever in QP folklore after *that* goal.

Got a semi just thinking about it

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

I believe it ended last week, so the answer must be yes. The guy is getting into his stride, though I think we miss Malone.

Whit? Malone has been playing the last 2 weeks

9 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Not sure how anyone can also have a go at Muir, he was our best player by a mile on Saturday. Unless you're expecting him to save 3 penalties, ffs!

On his day Muir is a top keeper no denying but since his return I dont think we've seen him at his best not just Saturday there, ffs!

13 hours ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

On his day Muir is a top keeper no denying but since his return I dont think we've seen him at his best not just Saturday there, ffs!

Aye he's made a couple of mistakes that have led directly to goals but I think he's been back to his best the last couple of weeks.

Archived