Airdrieonians vs Q.P.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for starting the topic bridgeofweirdo. Was politely waiting on an Airdrie fan getting things going but seems they have their own wee huddle. Are they Clyde in disguise?

Last week was a marked improvement although to be fair we've had a few decent displays without the necessary finish. Gus has set up all 3 of his squads to attack from the midfield and it was encouraging to see so many of them having a go last week. We'll make a game of it, that's for sure.

I expect an86 will be bursting for this one. Such fond memories from 3 years ago?:wub:

I'd certainly back us to get a goal or two - after the League Cup games against Partick Thistle and Queen of the South, the only game we've not scored in was the game against Albion Rovers.  Even as badly as we've been playing, we generally seem to make enough chances to at least get one or two in.  At the back we're about as convincing as Donald Trump delivering a lecture on Proust, though, so if Queens get a couple of crosses in we're going to lose goals.

Ach, what the hell.  If I couldn't cling to baseless optimism in the face of facts, I wouldn't be an Airdrie fan.  Home win. 

12 minutes ago, The Spider said:

I thought Airdrie looked a good team in the two previous games at Hampden, so what's gone wrong?

I don't think that team has actually played again. I missed the first game on holiday but we were a wee bit lucky in the league game; that luck has disappeared ever since/the work rate has dropped in many games/we don't know who our best central defence is/our coach defends too many players who lack real grit/ poor home record for years in the first part of seasons no matter who plays nor manages. That is a start for the reasons  but given it is Airdrie you never know what will happen. A narrow win at last

Same side and same approach as last week will do me. A wee bit more decisive with the final ball and we'll be a threat. As ever, the visit to Airdrie will be marred by Vietnam style flashbacks to the 2013/14 season. 

This is a game that we really should be winning but wouldn't be surprised if this is a draw or an away win. One thing is almost certain though...we will concede a goal from a set piece or cross into the box. I'm hoping we'll see some changes to our starting 11 after last week's dross but fully expect the same side to be picked. 

Another foul on Ryan, another penalty for Airdrie, another goal for Russell, 28 minutes.  This is bizarre. Three penalties in the first half hour is just weird - anyone at the game enlighten us?  Were they are all legit penalties? 

Not sure about our second, Queens player adamant he got the ball. Queens might have had another too. Playing some great stuff though, Conroy and even Fitzpatrick linking up well with Russell and Ryan.

Archived