Peter Hook

Sergeant Wilson

I have less than no interest in seeing him try to maintain some sort of relevance by flogging his old wares while being a perma-raging mess at everything his old bandmates do.

And I'm sure he doesn't look as cool as he does in the video for The Perfect Kiss, but hey, people age.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have read his books and saw him at the Edinburgh Book Festival a few years back. Both hugely entertaining. Came across as a very funny, likeable working class bloke who got lucky and made the most of it. Went to the Barras show recently and as someone else says the Joy Division section was immense. Sure he's no Ian Curtis but then who is. Good luck to him 

On 11/16/2016 at 07:34, tongue_tied_danny said:

I saw him do a gig in Dundee a few years ago. He was pretty good. He also gave some c**t a total bollocking for filming the gig with his phone, which was pretty funny and well deserved IMO.

I've just finished reading his book about Joy Division and it was quite amusing.

I'd like the book and have reconsidered my position about the live shows. He can do what he likes, but I still prefer my memories.

An enjoyable judgement of his new book can be found here: http://forums.neworderonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=3477#post23793

Although I agree with the Sarge. I can quite happily separate the New Order as I appreciate them from when I first got into them and when they reformed and I saw them twice and the New Order that's filled with baggage and reprehensible personalities.

Archived