Nintendo Switch

bunglebonce

• 1 month later...

Got mario kart but haven't had more than a couple of goes so far as i'm still plodding through zelda. My boy likes it, having completed the story in zelda he was needing something else and mario kart is fine, no control issues and a good game. You know what you're getting if you've played previous mario kart games.

• 2 months later...

Anyone any clue where the best place to get one of these is now? Argos seems like the cheapest, apart from ebay, but I'm loathe to buy a pre-owned one as it's being bought as a gift.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Anyone any clue where the best place to get one of these is now? Argos seems like the cheapest, apart from ebay, but I'm loathe to buy a pre-owned one as it's being bought as a gift.

I dont think anywhere has new ones at a discount. I've only seen them at £279

Seems to be £279 across the board.

Personally wouldn't order one online, especially from Argos. Have seen it first hand, people's deliveries going 'missing' and the Yodel drivers changing their story 5 times over and not returning to the address, leaving the customer without an item and nearly £300 down.

I just went into game and bought my brothers one for his birthday, got the last one in the shop actually.

I dont think anywhere has new ones at a discount. I've only seen them at £279

Yeah that's the cheapest I can find outwith ebay, where second hand ones are still going about the same price.

36 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Seems to be £279 across the board.

Personally wouldn't order one online, especially from Argos. Have seen it first hand, people's deliveries going 'missing' and the Yodel drivers changing their story 5 times over and not returning to the address, leaving the customer without an item and nearly £300 down.

I just went into game and bought my brothers one for his birthday, got the last one in the shop actually.

Dont order from anyone who uses Yodel then :lol: Amazon generally use DPD for high ticket items and they are superb. I use amazon next day delivery all the time

Its not really possible for the customer to be without an item and out of pocket. Its the sellers responsibility to make sure the goods are delivered. If they're not you're perfectly entitled to another one or a refund.

2 hours ago, Mr X said:

Dont order from anyone who uses Yodel then :lol: Amazon generally use DPD for high ticket items and they are superb. I use amazon next day delivery all the time

Its not really possible for the customer to be without an item and out of pocket. Its the sellers responsibility to make sure the goods are delivered. If they're not you're perfectly entitled to another one or a refund.

Problem is people don't know or care who is delivering it until they have already placed the order.

Definitely but another problem is the driver was saying he delivered it and someone signed for it. Then he said he left it in a bin, then left it with a neighbour. Total bullshit, I was going crazy about it in work, wasn't my department but everyone myself included was saying give them a refund ect because it ran out of stock. Yodel kept hanging up on the agents trying to get them to investigate it ect. Was going on for weeks. Don't know how it ended up i'll need to find out. I'd have went to the police personally, blatant theft.

3 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Problem is people don't know or care who is delivering it until they have already placed the order.

Definitely but another problem is the driver was saying he delivered it and someone signed for it. Then he said he left it in a bin, then left it with a neighbour. Total bullshit, I was going crazy about it in work, wasn't my department but everyone myself included was saying give them a refund ect because it ran out of stock. Yodel kept hanging up on the agents trying to get them to investigate it ect. Was going on for weeks. Don't know how it ended up i'll need to find out. I'd have went to the police personally, blatant theft.

Not always but more and more online retailers are making it more obvious who they use, and if you order regularly from the same place you'll have a pretty good idea - as I said, amazon prime use DPD mainly and sometimes Royal Mail.

Oh, I get that it can be a major pain in the ass if you're having to deal with some of the nonsense the couriers get up to ... but then it was your company that chose Yodal, so no sympathy really :lol:

Thank god I dont have to deal with any of that anymore. The worst I came across, in a previous job, was one courier driver who decided to throw the parcel over the fence into the garden because he heard dogs barking and didnt want to go in. Of course the dogs he heard ripped the parcel, of clothes, to shreds. <_<

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah that's the cheapest I can find outwith ebay, where second hand ones are still going about the same price.

silly question but do you know anyone that works for a retailer that sells the switch, could always ask them to pick it up with staff discount added in, might only be 10% cheaper but its better in your pocket than the retailers

Got a second hand one, neon. With a carry case, docking station, controller, Zelda and Mario Kart 8, for £350 all in. Happy enough with that

• 5 weeks later...

Mario + Rabbids is out on Tuesday.  Ubisoft's take on XCOM with Nintendo and Rabbid characters.  I'm hyped. 

Currently playing through Sonic Mania, purchased for 699 rubles on the Russian eShop i.e. about six quid cheaper than the UK one.  It's a doddle to change region on a web browser before going into the device's eshop to purchase.  It saved me a tenner on Splatoon 2 as well.