Nintendo Switch

bunglebonce

Smash Bros., Pokemon and Fire Emblem on the Switch in 2018?

f**k YES!

My Switch wishlist is getting longer by the week.

Hyrule Warriors, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Octopath Traveller, Mario Tennis, Dark Souls, Undertale all to come as well.

Now if only they'd announce a new Mario Maker....

Edited by djchapsticks

Smash Bros., Pokemon and Fire Emblem on the Switch in 2018?
f**k YES!
My Switch wishlist is getting longer by the week.
Hyrule Warriors, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Octopath Traveller, Mario Tennis, Dark Souls, Undertale all to come as well.

Now if only they'd announce a new Mario Maker....

I reckon Pokemon and Metroid will both be 2019 releases. Unfortunately between now and then I’ll just need to play Dark Souls, Mario Tennis, Super Smash Bros, Hyrule Warriors...

God damn, it’s a shite state of affairs.

After a couple of months of swithering I eventually bought a Switch at the weekend, with Zelda and Mario Kart.

Utterly immersed in Zelda so far and I’ve hardly scratched the surface.

As an aside, folk that use a walkthrough for this game must really miss out on the feeling when you find something or do something and things click into place.

On 08/03/2018 at 10:14, forameus said:

Whether it is or not doesn't really matter to me personally.  For the rain one, with where I ended up exploring I had to sit on a featureless cliff-edge for a while until it stopped raining.  It's one of a few features that are nice little additions that they've cranked up to unforgiveable 11.  

You enjoy it or think it's always valid, fair enough.  I disagree.

Ive played the game for hours and I can honestly say thats never happened to me.

You're basic complaint seems to be that rain makes things wet

16 hours ago, Mr X said:

Ive played the game for hours and I can honestly say thats never happened to me.

You're basic complaint seems to be that rain makes things wet

You like the game, I'm not that sold on it.  That's OK, isn't it?

Edited by forameus

Really, really enjoying the port of Outlast.  Like I said before, had played a bit and watched a playthrough of the rest, so kind of knew what was going to happen in the main game, but still good to get through, and a really brilliant example of that type of game before everyone decided they could do it.  Think it was one of the first to have that run and hide style, taking any power away from you.

Just started the DLC that was bundled with it, Whistleblower, and f**k sake they've dialled up the harrowing element.  Where in the main game the design of the areas is such that everywhere is quite simple, with obvious hiding places and long, straight corridors, in the DLC they trade it in for larger but tighter areas, and a lot of badly lit, winding mazes.  It's probably bad design if you really get down to it, but it really works with the style of the game, particularly with the guy that's chasing you.  A few genuine jump scares in there too, which when you're playing with headphones on a screen just in front of your face, is quite something.

I'd give it 5 creepy mental hospitals out of 5.  Looking forward to Outlast 2 dropping in a couple of weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like Football Manager Touch will be winging its way to the Switch before long.  Reduced version, but given the full version has become incredibly tedious, might be worth picking up on a portable

I’ve played the iPad version in the past and, while nowhere as detailed as the main game, I found it much better than the mobile version, which I’m not a fan of.

Might be worth picking up for journeys etc, depending on the price.

• 2 weeks later...

FM Touch 18 dropped the other day, although a bit pricey at £30. I picked it up despite owning a copy for the PC and I'm enjoying it. Played through an entire season in about 4/5 hours, which would normally take me 3 or 4 times as long if playing the full version. Seems to cut out a lot of the shite from the full version, such as press conferences etc, which is a bonus. Hopefully it sells well and they bring next seasons version to the Switch as well.

12 hours ago, Kris. said:

FM Touch 18 dropped the other day

Played through an entire season in about 4/5 hours, which would normally take me 3 or 4 times as long if playing the full version. S

I bought it last night and played about 45 mins of it - I've not even got past day 2 of pre-season :lol:  I've been out of the FM loop for a few years but it looks good so far.

Anyone got one of these? I'm considering getting one for my kids, 5 (soon to be 6) and 3 years old. They love games on the tablet (the eldest especially) and I feel my ps4 is a bit too grown up for them (not sure of that makes sense. I've never ever had any Nintendo system in my life (aside from a flatshared wii) so have no experience of these. 

My eldest is ganting on getting more computer game experience and I'm feeling buying them a switch might satisfy that urge, give us something I like to do too to do together, and be quite future proof for a few years anyway. 

Any advice, thoughts? Both gratefully received. 

18 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Anyone got one of these? I'm considering getting one for my kids, 5 (soon to be 6) and 3 years old. They love games on the tablet (the eldest especially) and I feel my ps4 is a bit too grown up for them (not sure of that makes sense. I've never ever had any Nintendo system in my life (aside from a flatshared wii) so have no experience of these. 

My eldest is ganting on getting more computer game experience and I'm feeling buying them a switch might satisfy that urge, give us something I like to do too to do together, and be quite future proof for a few years anyway. 

Do it.

14 hours ago, madwullie said:

My 6 year old loves Mario Kart - also bought one of the Lego Super Hero games and he likes that as well. We have played Mario together and he loved taking over the dinosaur but it is still a little advance for him. Good for playing together and we do a lot of travelling so it is perfect for that. He has just turned 6 (and reading/writing not started as early here as in Scotland) so he still needs help pretty much constantly to set games up, etc.

I would massively recommend it (and you can keep playing when he goes to bed!)