Nintendo Switch

bunglebonce

I've had BotW since I bought the Switch about two weeks ago. I've been out of gaming for a few years due to age and other commitments but Christ I'm dying a lot! Loving the game but I do seem to have hit a brick wall in that I know where I need to get to but can't figure out how. In either underpowered or simply can't get there geographically. Refuse to look at guides or YouTube as I think the best part of the game is the discovery. Just need to persevere.

29 minutes ago, MuckleMoo said:

I've had BotW since I bought the Switch about two weeks ago. I've been out of gaming for a few years due to age and other commitments but Christ I'm dying a lot! Loving the game but I do seem to have hit a brick wall in that I know where I need to get to but can't figure out how. In either underpowered or simply can't get there geographically. Refuse to look at guides or YouTube as I think the best part of the game is the discovery. Just need to persevere.

The more you play it, the more you get a hang of what your runes can help you with and how far you can push your stamina. 

I'm trying to reach a shrine up a mountain and keep freezing to death. I know there must be a simple way of keeping warm, but I'm damned if I'm looking it up!

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:
17 hours ago, MuckleMoo said:

I'm trying to reach a shrine up a mountain and keep freezing to death. I know there must be a simple way of keeping warm, but I'm damned if I'm looking it up!

Cooking

I feel the same way about a lot of the puzzle aspects. Haven’t looked up a single thing in this game so far.

Haven't really played mine much the past couple of weeks as haven't had time. Got another 2 towers sortrd last night and another 3 shrines.

Looking at the map,  I think I've only 1 tower left to get then I'll just concentrate on shrines for a bit before returning to main story.  

Saw that someone online completed the main story in 41 minutes from start to finish??? That just kind of makes my head hurt. 

In their co-op sale thing I picked up Overcooked and had a go of it with the wife.  Actually a really fun wee game, even if it will probably lead to domestic violence.  Same screen couch play, you're working in a kitchen having to chop up, cook, and then send out orders.  Probably sounds shite, but as they ramp up the complexity it's a good wee co-op game.

19 hours ago, Saigon Raider said:

Picked up Golf Story for £15 the other day - it is a glorious little indie game and  I probably put 8 hours into on the first day I got it.

Golf Story is a great wee game and worth picking up for a change of pace.  I got stuck looking for an item toward the end and never went back once Stardew Valley was released, unfortunately, but that's more my fault than the game's.