Nintendo Switch

bunglebonce

39 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I've a bit of a weird fascination with watching Resi 4 on Twitch. I was watching the other night and got talking to the host and asked him what he was playing on. I genuinely thought it must have been PC given the quality, but he told me it was in fact PS4. I'm seriously tempted to get a copy now. Loved that game. When I watch it though I'm shitting it so I've no idea how I ever completed it emoji38.png

Yeah the resi games are usually on some offer on the ps store, ive contemplated buying them numerous occasions but im not keen on anything after resi 4, i have been patiently waiting on their remake of resi 2 that is in production, seemingly its from the ground up and not just a remastered version like resi 1

4 was very good at the time, loved the change in the games that it brought, just thought they went too far in 5 and 6,

Neither did I. Any good?

Have to say, I'm really enjoying it. I had started to play it on PS4 but never realised I got so far in. I'm onto chapter 5 and have put in maybe 3 hours I think it said and I'm sure there are around 12 levels.

The game is as visually good on the Switch as it is on PS4. It has tried to be similar to Resi 2 in that sometimes you're turning corners with no idea what is coming. It's not up to the levels of Resi 4 in action or horror but I'm playing it thinking it's a fun wee title and getting the odd jump along the way. For £15.99 I'm very happy, that's for sure.

I can't recall completing this game. I actually thought I had played an hour or two but I'm on Chapter 5 and can recall playing that before. I just hope I soon reach a part where I can't recall and it's all new from there. But I've a really bad feeling I've either:-

A. Completed the game and just completely forgot about doing it

or

B. Will get to a part where I was stuck on the PS4 and realise that was the reason I stopped playing!

Yeah the resi games are usually on some offer on the ps store, ive contemplated buying them numerous occasions but im not keen on anything after resi 4, i have been patiently waiting on their remake of resi 2 that is in production, seemingly its from the ground up and not just a remastered version like resi 1
4 was very good at the time, loved the change in the games that it brought, just thought they went too far in 5 and 6,

I could stomach 5 as a game, just not as a Resi. I think I played about an hour of 6 and chucked it which really fucked me off as I was looking forward to it. The Evil Within has made up for it somewhat as has Resi 7 but I've yet to complete them as I'm too much of a shitebag. Loving them whilst playing though!

Can't think of any other company that would come up with an idea like this other than Nintendo.

Personally think it's an ingenious idea with limitless possibilities but as always with Nintendo it appears to have had a real Marmite response. People are either loving it or are predicting that it's the end of the Switch.

1 hour ago, MuckleMoo said:

Can't think of any other company that would come up with an idea like this other than Nintendo.

Personally think it's an ingenious idea with limitless possibilities but as always with Nintendo it appears to have had a real Marmite response. People are either loving it or are predicting that it's the end of the Switch.

So looking at the video, is it pretty much just a huge number of very specific peripherals that are essentially flat-pack and made of cardboard?  So instead of dropping 50 quid on a plastic steering wheel that you'll use once, you can buy it like this, make it up, customise it, and then go from there?  

If so, I think this actually looks brilliant.  Really sets them apart from their rivals and shows that they're truly trying, once again, to do something different.  My wee boy's far too young at the moment to enjoy this kind of stuff, but I can see it as something I'd love to do with him if he was a few years older.  Want to draw all over your new controller?  f**k it, man, go right ahead.

And are people really predicting it's the end of the Switch?  Imagine they are.  What absolute howling VLs.

1 hour ago, MuckleMoo said:

As a gamer, its not the kind of thing that interest me. As the parent of a gamer I think its fantastic. As BB said, definitely the kind of thing you could do together and definitely the kind of thing I could see Mr X jnr loving.

Nintendo have a history of "novel" ideas that dont always catch on at the time, which they should be applauded for. I can see this being a little like that but can also see it reappearing big time when they get round to bringing out some kind of VR.

How on earth, though, could it possibly be the end of the Switch??

Didn't people deride the original Wii before it absolutely wiped the floor with everything sales-wise?  

Joking aside, it's actually a real shame that these things always get ridiculed.  Back when I were a bairn, a multitap for the PS2 was the holy grail.  It allowed everyone to sit in front of a TV and have a laugh playing a game while in a distance that invites physical violence.  Brilliant.  Nowadays the number of games you can actually put on one screen and play with friends is massively diminished.  At least Nintendo is still trying something different, rather than just building a AAA game with DLC and microtransactions that you'll have to buy 4 copies of, so you can all go to your own houses, on your own, and racially abuse each other via a mic.  What a time to be alive.

The more I read about this, the more I love it.  I know it'll probably not be as cool as it sounds once you've actually got it, but I'm really interested to see what they come up with.

Thumbnail

EDIT: @Mr X can you unban raginggamer so we can get his thoughts on this?

Edited by forameus

12 minutes ago, MuckleMoo said:

Nintendo providing free templates via download. Should help bring the cost down as well as providing free replacements when damaged

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/01/nintendo_will_freely_provide_cardboard_design_patterns_for_labo

Thats a great idea. My second though was that cardboard doesnt tend to last too long with kids.

10 minutes ago, forameus said:

Didn't people deride the original Wii before it absolutely wiped the floor with everything sales-wise?  

Joking aside, it's actually a real shame that these things always get ridiculed.  Back when I were a bairn, a multitap for the PS2 was the holy grail.  It allowed everyone to sit in front of a TV and have a laugh playing a game while in a distance that invites physical violence.  Brilliant.  Nowadays the number of games you can actually put on one screen and play with friends is massively diminished.  At least Nintendo is still trying something different, rather than just building a AAA game with DLC and microtransactions that you'll have to buy 4 copies of, so you can all go to your own houses, on your own, and racially abuse each other via a mic.  What a time to be alive.

People derided the Wii after it wiped the floor with everything sales-wise.

1 minute ago, forameus said:

The more I read about this, the more I love it.  I know it'll probably not be as cool as it sounds once you've actually got it, but I'm really interested to see what they come up with.

EDIT: @Mr X can you unban raginggamer so we can get his thoughts on this?

:lol::lol::lol: .... no <_<

Took the plunge today and got the Switch along with Zelda. Only had a couple of hours so far but got to say I'm already impressed with what Nintendo has done with it.

Head is already spinning with the amount of stuff to do on Zelda so much so that I'm finding it all a bit daunting.

Also got Rocket League down loading in the background for some mindless fun

It's probably been mentioned by someone else but I've found the fault with this great device. Whoever decided to put the charging port at the bottom of the console needs shooting.

It doesn't matter if you hold it but I like to use the controller and sit the screen up which isn't possible while charging it unfortunately.

25 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's probably been mentioned by someone else but I've found the fault with this great device. Whoever decided to put the charging port at the bottom of the console needs shooting.

It doesn't matter if you hold it but I like to use the controller and sit the screen up which isn't possible while charging it unfortunately.

Is there not a docking station thing that can charge it and sit it up for you?

39 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

That was my next question!

Something like this maybe

http://www.very.co.uk/nintendo-switch-playstand/1600176589.prd?sku=sku19918479&cm_mmc=google-_-PLA+-+Generic-_-Gaming+%26+DVD+-+Nintendo+Switch+-+Accessory+Packs-_-na_226444973024&utm_medium=cpc&k_clickid=c400e3fc-ac48-4f69-abbb-b5f9c51daab3&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Shopping_Gaming & DVD - Nintendo Switch - Accessory Packs&utm_term=na&utm_content=226444973024&profileid=402&keywordid=na&productgroupid=pg2428011&device=m&gclid=CjwKCAiAy4bTBRAvEiwAFtatHPdI5bflZhP8SJrNUIzr0HtnOlpT4Ur2TJxBuCVHG_6JY4d0PPk4KhoCDWcQAvD_BwE