Nintendo Switch

bunglebonce

Santa brought me a Switch with Mario Kart and Zelda.

I feel like I’ve barely scratched the surface of Zelda despite putting in a fair chunk of time into it already. I’m just kicking about finding shrines and trying to unlock the full map, which is a hard task.

The surprising thing is that my missus, who last played Sonic 2 on the Mega Drive, was looking forward to playing Mario Kart. Last night she even asked if we wanted a wee race.

Got the wee man one for Christmas, Mario Kart was one of the games we got for it- also bought an extra pair of joycons so we can play 3 or 4 player. Not only did we play so much of it that I was hearing the music and seeing the cars when I was trying to get to sleep, I was fucking ace at it originally even on the harder levels which isn't me at Mario Kart. I didn't realise there was an auto steering assist thing that is turned on by default!

Edited by Fuctifano

Got the wee man one for Christmas, Mario Kart was one of the games we got for it- also bought an extra pair of joycons so we can play 3 or 4 player. Not only did we play so much of it that I was hearing the music and seeing the cars when I was trying to get to sleep, I was fucking ace at it originally even on the harder levels which isn't me at Mario Kart. I didn't realise there was an auto steering assist thing that is turned on by default!

We got my wee lass one for Christmas and have basically spent since then playing Mario Kart.

19 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Doesnt sound like its the Switch that needs in the sea

Get Breath of the wild played

It's next up.  Mario Odyssey is just too good to leave at the moment.  Will finish the main part of that (looks like 8 more Kingdom's to go) then leave myself completely free to lose myself in Breath of the Wild.

21 hours ago, Mr X said:

Doesnt sound like its the Switch that needs in the sea

Get Breath of the wild played

I tried to enter some Yiga Clan hideout last night and died many, many times. I've decided I'm not quite ready for that yet so I'm now just trying to seek out the rest of the towers to complete the map. Need to acquire some more skills, weapons and stealthy stuff before I try that hideout again. 

1 hour ago, CLANCY2KTID said:

I tried to enter some Yiga Clan hideout last night and died many, many times. I've decided I'm not quite ready for that yet so I'm now just trying to seek out the rest of the towers to complete the map. Need to acquire some more skills, weapons and stealthy stuff before I try that hideout again. 

1 hour ago, bunglebonce said:

As a big fan of stealth genre games, the Yiga Clan stealth section is the worst gameplay part in the whole game, IMO. 

This. Pretty sure I had to either look it up or get Mr X jnr to walk me through it. In fact, I think to begin with I just charged in and tried to fight everything :lol:

17 minutes ago, Mr X said:

This. Pretty sure I had to either look it up or get Mr X jnr to walk me through it. In fact, I think to begin with I just charged in and tried to fight everything :lol:

Yeah tried that at least 3 or 4 times too. Didn't end well. Tried the stealth too, was hopeless. 

Not a popular opinion, but I've never managed to get into any Dark Souls/Bloodborne game.  Doubt having a Switch version would change that, but who knows.  Good to see Odyssey getting a small update, and Payday 2 could be quite interesting if multiplayer works OK.

Not a popular opinion, but I've never managed to get into any Dark Souls/Bloodborne game.  Doubt having a Switch version would change that, but who knows.  Good to see Odyssey getting a small update, and Payday 2 could be quite interesting if multiplayer works OK.

I haven’t got into any either but I really want to. I’m just fucking atrocious at them.

Neither did I. Any good?

Graphically it's incredible for a handheld, it really doesn't look much different on this than on my PS4.

I've not really got into it yet as I just downloaded last night and am working the now. Played about 10 mins and it seems ok so far. Will keep you informed.

It was £15.99 on the store and that gave you discount on the 2nd one so I think it's about £32 for both which isn't bad considering £40 is the going rate everywhere else I looked.

Switch would be seriously impressive if it got the resi back catalogue, the remastered resi 1 on the ps4 is utterly fantastic,

I've a bit of a weird fascination with watching Resi 4 on Twitch. I was watching the other night and got talking to the host and asked him what he was playing on. I genuinely thought it must have been PC given the quality, but he told me it was in fact PS4. I'm seriously tempted to get a copy now. Loved that game. When I watch it though I'm shitting it so I've no idea how I ever completed it [emoji38]