Nintendo Switch

bunglebonce

• 4 weeks later...

Very little difference.  ETA: Although I suspect that in real life, the Wii U's 720p vs the Switch's 900p (docked) resolutions would be noticeable side-by-side, and I speculate that the Wii U version's framerate might be a little more choppy.

I skipped the Wii U so I'm looking forward to getting Zelda tomorrow.  I pre-ordered the Switch at Smyths, who are a convenient 5 min drive from my place and they have a midnight launch tonight.  I'll probably just pick it up on my way to work tomorrow though.

I've never done a midnight launch before.  The only time I tried was when Half-Life 2 came out, at a time when GAME were doing big launches for a lot of titles.  I thought they might have done one for HL2 but they didn't, so I trundled from the Dundee centre to the big Tesco by the river, who didn't have it out yet either.  I was in student digs with no broadband, so when I eventually got the game the next day I had to download Steam on a temporary 56k connection before it was playable.  Good old days.

Edited by bunglebonce

Buying a Nintendo Switch on day one is maybe the single dumbest thing to do with videogames that I've ever heard of in my life. There is literally one game for it and it runs better on previous generation hardware. Jesus, how can people be so cucked.

40 minutes ago, Ramagamma said:

Buying a Nintendo Switch on day one is maybe the single dumbest thing to do with videogames that I've ever heard of in my life. There is literally one game for it and it runs better on previous generation hardware. Jesus, how can people be so cucked.

Err .. nah.

I would have bought one eventually and the price isnt going to come down that much that quickly. Buying Zelda on the WiiU and then buying it again for the Switch later on seemed pretty stupid.

Plus, I can afford it, so who cares?

But thanks for setting me straight.

"I can afford it so who cares" - the mantra of a nerd oblivious to reason or logic. Its a shite looking console with no games and its destined to be the undoing of Nintendo but hey its new and shiny so i guess you have to own it now. I would laugh out loud if i wasnt so worried how easily pleased some folks are.

Ps its been proven that it has more extreme frame rate issues on the Switch. That's right the brand new console runs its single note worthy title WORSE than the console its supposed to replace.

Do you know why this is? Ill tell you, its because Nintendo knows there are legions of fucktards like you desperate to give them money regardless of what's on offer. They are literally laughing at you with one eye on the bank statement.

Its actually wild how little self worth anyone who buys a switch must have. Literally fucking mind blowing.

But hey as long as you can afford it, open your mouth wide and let them shovel that shite in.

Bizzare. Fucking bizarre.

3 minutes ago, Ramagamma said:

Ps its been proven that it has more extreme frame rate issues on the Switch. That's right the brand new console runs its single note worthy title WORSE than the console its supposed to replace.

Do you know why this is? Ill tell you, its because Nintendo knows there are legions of fucktards like you desperate to give them money regardless of what's on offer. They are literally laughing at you with one eye on the bank statement.

Its actually wild how little self worth anyone who buys a switch must have. Literally fucking mind blowing.

But hey as long as you can afford it, open your mouth wide and let them shovel that shite in.

You seem rather angry. Perhaps its not me with the self worth issues.

Maybe you'd like to provide this "proof"? It runs at a higher resolution on the Switch and both versions have reported framerate issues. If it does run "better" on the WiiU its marginal and running at a lower FPS. Hardly worth getting so upset over. 

Im sorry my life choices cause you so much distress. I imagine life must be difficult with such a narrow life view.

Who farted on your weetabix?

Don't think raging covers this

1 minute ago, Ramagamma said:

If you are over 10 and excited about the Nintendo Switch then go to a doctor ASAFP because f**k me you missed out on some important mental developments.

e89311fa5c4e1ae5ad2a46aaca308181.jpg

Who said I was excited? Im looking forward to playing Zelda certainly.

My son is excited, should I go berate him when I get home on your behalf? Oh, no wait hes 9, so I guess thats ok? I guess, if Im honest, I am excited about playing it with him. Is that ok with you?

I couldnt give a flying f**k if it is or not :)

Yeah sure mate that sounds like a fucking fantastic idea. Lets let all the voices nintendo hears consist exclusively of praise. Then they won't change and can die off as a console manufacturer all the quicker.

Let Mr X feast on his shit sandwich a bit longer though. Cheers.

4 minutes ago, Ramagamma said:

Yeah sure mate that sounds like a fucking fantastic idea. Lets let all the voices nintendo hears consist exclusively of praise. Then they won't change and can die off as a console manufacturer all the quicker.

Let Mr X feast on his shit sandwich a bit longer though. Cheers.

Not sure Nintendo read the Gaming section of P&B, to be fair.

1 minute ago, Ramagamma said:

Nah mate if you are buying it with your son in mind that's fine. I was nine once, I used to think Sonic games were good. Taste only develops with experience, unless you are a nintendo fan, then it just stagnates.

Phew, thank god I have your approval. I was beginning to wonder how I was going to console my son when I told him it had to go back because some lunatic on the internet went on a bizarre rant.

Lets get to the nub of why youre so upset though. You do know you never had a chance with Princess Peach?